• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich Appreciation Thread

S

soccersensei

NO, my thoughts also... (Good post Swarey)

My only thought is that perhaps it could be Adelaide or Glory where Bozza could challenge for a starting spot easier than here with with us...?

bikinigirl

. i thought perth were pretty set for keepers, they already have 3 on contract i think (dunno about others)

clarence

Re: a possible move of Bosnich to another A-League club.
As Bosnich is a person who is basically in recovery and rehabilitation from some sort of substance abuse issue, and possibly some mental health issues associated with that, it shouldn't simply be a matter of him playing one good game and believing he's OK to resume a professional playing career.

It should be one step at a time, and be very careful about where he places himself, socially and professionally.

He would have been advised to avoid certain scenarios that may trigger pressure upon him to relapse. Taken that it's a few years for him to resurface, I suspect he has sorted himself out completely and knows where he should be at this important time of his playing career and life in general.

He has made reference to a sort of reconciliation with his family, and he has also made reference to the younger players in our squad and the need, he feels, to be a more senior and lending hand to these younger people.

I hope that he is wise enough to take a short term contract with us first and dip his feet into the pool of professional Football before making any longer term commitments.

He may find, after playing 5 or 6 games with the Mariners, travelling around and week to week comp that it may strain his rehabilitation, and he may want some time off. Or, he may feel great with that experience and want to commit to a longer term deal.

But the most important thing to him should be that Mark Bosnich, (recovering addict, son, uncle, goalkeeper - in that order) is able to move further along the road to sobriety and be comfortable with what he has in the line of work, and not feel any pressure to relapse into what he has worked so hard to get away from.

Deej

If Bozza goes elsewhere he can get f**ked (unless we don't offer him a deal).

Nobody else has offered him a go, we are getting him match sharp, we are training him and we are giving him an opportunity to relaunched his career.  To get back to a playing standard and then bugger off would be wrong of him.

I doubt it will come to that anyway, I'm sure he'll sign as a guest player.

S

soccersensei

Good post clarence.
Deej I agree.

bikinigirl said:
i thought perth were pretty set for keepers, they already have 3 on contract i think (dunno about others)

Yeah thats true, but as Bozza represents more than just a keeper to a club, someone like Perth  would especially benefit from signing him after their last season - and keeper wise he looks that he could potentially offer more on the field than certainly most 1st string keepers in the HAL - but I am just purely speculating - and I hope that he makes his home with us. It's a hard one though, Danny is clearly the best up and coming keeper in Australia...and Bozza is clearly the best keeper we have ever produced and after Danny's suspension... well neither is going to want to be on the sidelines...

I'm definitely with Clarence and think Bozza would be well looked after here and that it would be a smart all round move... but as to Danny...thats harder, I think most of us have been thinking we'd only have him for one more season and he'd be off OS... But surely harder to make his case if he's not getting game time, he's lost his olympic stage...and has a rep issue as well now... Been a hell of a last 6 months for Danny.

I simply couldn't imagine a replacement I'd be happy with... yet Bozza appears...But anything less than 1st string here is less than what Danny deserves...

Sure it's interesting days for the CCM management...

priorpeter

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/81545,bozza-deal-talk-premature.aspx

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Bosnich has yet to open contract talks with Central Coast Mariners and the clubs chairman has rubbished suggestions that his stunning debut means a deal is simply inevitable.
Lyall Gorman says neither goalkeeper nor club will allow a fairytale start to trigger a knee-jerk reaction and there's still work to do before Bosnich is handed his chance in the A-League.

But the former Socceroos keeper is making all the right noises during his trial spell and Gorman believes the controversial veteran has already created a bit of history at Bluetongue.

He has also suggested why Bosnich has found so much goodwill and support since pulling on his boots again.

Gorman told au.fourfourtwo.com: Mark was right when he said one swallow doesnt make a summer and now he has to go out there and do it again, to sustain it.

There is still a long way to go and I think both parties are astute enough not to be carried away by one appearance.

We are not at a stage where we are sitting down and talking about a deal.

Despite the caution, Gorman is delighted that the clubs decision to hand Bosnich a chance has been so well received.

He said: I think Australians love an underdog and Mark maybe fits that role. Hes gone out there in front of thousands of people and he was a sitting target.

I cant honestly remember the crowd handing a standing ovation to an individual here as opposed to a team ovation and yet thats exactly what Mark received at the Sydney FC game.

Now we move on to face Queensland in the Pre-Season Cup, Mark will continue to work with us and be assessed by the staff. Well see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

swarey

Mark Bosnich fighting to fitness
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Greg Danvers

August 01, 2008 12:00am

HIS teammates had a day off yesterday but not Mark Bosnich - he's serious about winning a contract with the Central Coast Mariners.

Bosnich has adopted the philosophy of "train hard, play easy".

He's not prepared to rest on his laurels after keeping a clean sheet in the Mariners' 3-0 win over Syd- ney FC last Sunday in Gosford - his first competitive game in almost seven years.

It's time to kick on now and to really work hard," Bosnich said.

He is serious about resurrecting his lost football career and making something of himself after his infamous fall from grace.

Bosnich is not prepared to go down, for a second time, without a fight. And yesterday, boxing hardman Troy Waters answered the call.

Waters pushed Bosnich for just under an hour in a makeshift gym in his garage.

Brutal is one way to sum up the session and it's just what the 36- year-old needed.

"I've got an opportunity now to put in some real hard work before the season starts," Bosnich said.

Bosnich boxed with Waters for eight three-minute rounds on the pads, a sharp weight session and then a stint with the medicine ball to finish.

"So far so good," was all that needed to be said. Bosnich was almost spent. But he had enough in reserve to kick a ball around the Waters' front lawn with Nate, Waters' six-year-old son.

Before Bosnich arrived at the Mariners, just two short weeks ago, he spent three weeks preparing with a kick-boxer in London but is several kilos overweight.

Waters said to him during the pad session: "He's taking your career, let's take him out, push hard, push hard, unload."

Twenty minutes had ticked over by this time, Bosnich was dripping sweat, puffing but pushing the envelope.

Waters asked for more, Bosnich gave it, Waters retorted: "Only the strong survive, brother."

On Sunday, Bosnich will play some part in the pre-season cup game against Queensland Roar at Brisbane's Perry Park. Regular goalkeeper Danny Vukovic is set to start the game with Bosnich consigned to the bench.

"Heff (Dean Heffernan) is doubtful but still possible, Gumps (Andre Gumprecht) will be all right and will start in the centre of midfield," Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said.

"Danny (Vukovic) will probably start and we'll get Mark into the game at some stage."

Nigel Boogaard, who has been in China with the Olyroos, will be rushed back into the starting 11 and will partner captain Alex Wilkinson in the centre of defence.

Andrew Clark is suspended, with Matt Osman to take over at right back. Should Heffernan be unavailable, Brad Porter is expected to start at left back.

Nik Mrdja will play at least 30 minutes off the bench.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24108413-5001023,00.html

priorpeter

Greenpoleffc said:
And no one at CCM ever tells fibs or tries to mislead the media about our intentions do they???

I never said "omg omg th3re lyk t0tli n0t guna s1gn boz !!11!!!!!1", now, did I

S

soccersensei

Moving on...

Troy Waters... lol.... It's an old school comeback for Bozza! Don't make them much tougher than the waters brothers ;D

Nik on for 30 is good. Porter at left back is a little hard after his great performance last week, but glad he's on the park - (Though Heff still maybe out worries, Bear Mick? inside knowledge anyone? ) Boogs back = excellent.

----- Ossie-------Boogs-----Wilko------Porter/Heff?----

So in reserve for the back line there will be D Dappuzzo & Pedj the ledg... Clarkey to come back after suspension... boy u can't be unhappy with that depth.
Lets win the bloody PSC on push on with it.
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

T

soccersensei said:
Moving on...

Troy Waters... lol.... It's an old school comeback for Bozza! Don't make them much tougher than the waters brothers ;D

Nik on for 30 is good. Porter at left back is a little hard after his great performance last week, but glad he's on the park - (Though Heff still maybe out worries, Bear Mick? inside knowledge anyone? ) Boogs back = excellent.

----- Ossie-------Boogs-----Wilko------Porter/Heff?----

So in reserve for the back line there will be D Dappuzzo & Pedj the ledg... Clarkey to come back after suspension... boy u can't be unhappy with that depth.
Lets win the bloody PSC on push on with it.
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup:
D Dappuzzo & Pedj are out this week with club commitments

swarey

Perm said:
I bet Sydney sign him.

Kosmina urges Central Coast: keep Bosnich

Posted 1 hour 7 minutes ago

Sydney FC coach John Kosmina says he would like to see more of Mark Bosnich in the A-League.

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Bosnich starred for Central Coast in their 3-0 preseason cup win over Sydney last week, but is still on trial for a contract for the Mariners.

Kosmina says Bosnich would be a welcome addition to the A-League.

"At the end of the day Boz is a great character to have around," he said.

"I'm not in a position to tell the Mariners what they should or shouldn't do but I'd like to see him in the game to be honest."

Sydney lines up against Wellington Phoenix tomorrow and Kosmina says his side could pay dearly for the number of yellow cards they have already been given in the preseason cup.

"We were told yesterday our yellow cards in this competition carry over (to the season proper)," he said.

"We've got six guys I think on yellow and should one of those pick another one then we've got a problem and if a lot of them pick up another we've got a real problem," he said.

"Because we won't have a team we might have to forfeit our game against Melbourne."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/01/2321586.htm

FFC Mariner

My god he is just the biggest wanker out isnt he???

They wouldnt be on yellows if you didnt coach them to try to kick lumps out of other sides in order to cover up his shit recruitment

Flash

One thing that came to mind from that article is that Sydney will be going after Bosnich some way or another.

Jeff (LouMacari)

I feel confident we'll have Bosnich as a guest signing to cover for danny and think that it has been a done deal for some time, but after that....who knows????

Ursus

Do not underestimate Kossie.
I do not think FC are after Bosnich.
However, if he turns out to be the goods long term, and if we sign him for more than a guest appearance we will have two top keepers on our books.

Kossie has his eyes on Danny.

I bumped him (Kossie) in the gym the other day and told him it was a nice compliment he paid Bozza. His response was he deserved it.
Saying Bozza was the difference between the two teams was a big call and one I would not necessarilly agree with unless he meant it to mean more than just the great keeping, maybe lifting the team or the defense as a whole.

He would not be talking up a target signing, but would be talking up Bozza in the hope we sign him and who knows what may come about.

Never underestimate the enemy. :naughty:

thomas477

I gotta say, Bosnich for CCM is good.

I have a lot more respect for yous signing Bosnich.

He is a good signing.

Ted

Ursus said:
Do not underestimate Kossie.

Kossie has his eyes on Danny.

Never underestimate the enemy. :naughty:

Agreed and I'd like to keep both Danny and Boz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred