• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich Appreciation Thread

S

soccersensei

Ursus said:
Do not underestimate Kossie.
I do not think FC are after Bosnich.
However, if he turns out to be the goods long term, and if we sign him for more than a guest appearance we will have two top keepers on our books.

Kossie has his eyes on Danny.

I bumped him (Kossie) in the gym the other day and told him it was a nice compliment he paid Bozza. His response was he deserved it.
Saying Bozza was the difference between the two teams was a big call and one I would not necessarilly agree with unless he meant it to mean more than just the great keeping, maybe lifting the team or the defense as a whole.

He would not be talking up a target signing, but would be talking up Bozza in the hope we sign him and who knows what may come about.

Never underestimate the enemy. :naughty:
MWahahaha!!!!
Terrific post Ursus, I think thats highly credible.
I thought Kossie was just paying early court to bozza to set the tone if Bozza does make a successful comeback...as it was with Aloisi, but I think you may very well have read it spot on, though I'm also thinking he probably would also see it as a clear win win, he can court Bozza, and may score him in the long run... or perhaps CCM will put Danny aside, and they can make him an offer therefore to good to refuse.

Teddy Bear

soccersensei said:
Ursus said:
Do not underestimate Kossie.
I do not think FC are after Bosnich.
However, if he turns out to be the goods long term, and if we sign him for more than a guest appearance we will have two top keepers on our books.

Kossie has his eyes on Danny.

I bumped him (Kossie) in the gym the other day and told him it was a nice compliment he paid Bozza. His response was he deserved it.
Saying Bozza was the difference between the two teams was a big call and one I would not necessarilly agree with unless he meant it to mean more than just the great keeping, maybe lifting the team or the defense as a whole.

He would not be talking up a target signing, but would be talking up Bozza in the hope we sign him and who knows what may come about.

Never underestimate the enemy. :naughty:
MWahahaha!!!!
Terrific post Ursus, I think thats highly credible.
I thought Kossie was just paying early court to bozza to set the tone if Bozza does make a successful comeback...as it was with Aloi$i, but I think you may very well have read it spot on, though I'm also thinking he probably would also see it as a clear win win, he can court Bozza, and may score him in the long run... or perhaps CCM will put Danny aside, and they can make him an offer therefore to good to refuse.

Can't believe these comments. Are you trying to say Australia's best Australian based keeper (Bolton) is on the outer. Surely not as he is still keeping at the same standard as the first three seasons.  :p

S

soccersensei

;D
Having Bosnic = $$$$$ & prestige for bling.
Having Danny = The person most likely to be Australia's best keeper for the next 15 odd years.
And having Bolty = faulty of course.
;)

But your right, SFC are always wanking that they know they have to rise back to their rightful spot on top, and so they have selected the three men t do it...

John (you won't be seeing much of me this season) Aloisi...
Mark (I'm a lazy ass striker at the best of times) Bridge...
Simon (I may be the angriest midfielder in the league, but I'm a Looooong way from being the best) Collosimo...

Musialik will be there best value new signing imo.

swarey

soccersensei said:
;D
John (you won't be seeing much of me this season) Aloi$i...
Mark (I'm a lazy ass striker at the best of times) Bridge...
Simon (I may be the angriest midfielder in the league, but I'm a Looooong way from being the best) Collosimo...

I like it  :thumbup:

S

soccersensei

Arabmariner said:
soccersensei said:
Musialik will be there best value new signing imo.
When he hasn't been up the cross the night before a game and gone missing! ;)
lol, yeah I was going to add when provided he's not too stoned...

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

dub

clarence said:
Re: a possible move of Bosnich to another A-League club.
As Bosnich is a person who is basically in recovery and rehabilitation from some sort of substance abuse issue, and possibly some mental health issues associated with that, it shouldn't simply be a matter of him playing one good game and believing he's OK to resume a professional playing career.

It should be one step at a time, and be very careful about where he places himself, socially and professionally.

He would have been advised to avoid certain scenarios that may trigger pressure upon him to relapse. Taken that it's a few years for him to resurface, I suspect he has sorted himself out completely and knows where he should be at this important time of his playing career and life in general.

He has made reference to a sort of reconciliation with his family, and he has also made reference to the younger players in our squad and the need, he feels, to be a more senior and lending hand to these younger people.

I hope that he is wise enough to take a short term contract with us first and dip his feet into the pool of professional Football before making any longer term commitments.

He may find, after playing 5 or 6 games with the Mariners, travelling around and week to week comp that it may strain his rehabilitation, and he may want some time off. Or, he may feel great with that experience and want to commit to a longer term deal.

But the most important thing to him should be that Mark Bosnich, (recovering addict, son, uncle, goalkeeper - in that order) is able to move further along the road to sobriety and be comfortable with what he has in the line of work, and not feel any pressure to relapse into what he has worked so hard to get away from.
Spot on and I think that you have dealt with his type before but will he continue is as he started will depend on the great response he is getting here on the coast which he would never ever had in London or Sydney?

clarence

dub said:
Spot on and I think that you have dealt with his type before but will he continue is as he started will depend on the great response he is getting here on the coast which he would never ever had in London or Sydney?

Thank you, and yes, I have been close to someone who has had a substance addiction issue and thankfully they have been sober for some time now, and they appear more settled in life.

I would like to think that Bosnich would have got a good reception in Sydney too, but London would probably be a different story. He burnt a few bridges over there, and I'd doubt the likes of the Headhunters from Chelsea would easily let him forget the positive drug test if he ever played Chelsea.

FFC Mariner

What???

The head hunters now have an average age around 45 and have been drifting away ever since Roman bought the place.

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:
What???

The head hunters now have an average age around 45 and have been drifting away ever since Roman bought the place.

Just using them as an example Greenpole. I'm guessing a number of hard heads following Aston Villa, Man U and Chelsea would all like to say their piece to him, that's the point I was making.

Can imagine their abuse would be pretty harsh.

serious14

clarence said:
Just using them as an example Greenpole. I'm guessing a number of hard heads following Aston Villa, Man U and Chelsea would all like to say their piece to him, that's the point I was making.

srscat.jpg

dub

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
I feel confident we'll have Bosnich as a guest signing to cover for danny and think that it has been a done deal for some time, but after that....who knows????
Looks like the deal has not been done and CCM are stretching it as long as they can remember Yorke but they like the $$$$ Mark can bring them without signing the man well if they dont get a moove on before this Friday he wont be on the bench if he has not signed and don't expect him to stay around untill Dany is out in week 3 that would be silly as he is not young to waste time waiting for CCM to make their minds up or get some money to put on the table he did that last year at QPR and dint get a contract so he wont do it again.
It will be interesting who will represent CCM at the A leauge party on MONDAY if he has not signed then why should the media expect MB there it should only be Wilks  ???

dub

almost retired said:
it seems that some at TWG have a high opinion of Bozza as well.....
cop this...."And once again Central Coast have outfoxed Sydney. Bozza has more charisma in his left fingernail than John Aloi$i could ever hope to transmit. He's marketable, talented and represents what every Australian likes to see in their heroes: triumph over adversity, humbleness not hubris."  :pirashoot:
source  http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/halftimeorange/ooh-aah-bozzas-positively-cantona-124148/
Who has not seen this needs to know that he has saved that penalty before
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOcBKdFqn5g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOcBKdFqn5g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dub

Hows this his fist game with Villa comes on as sub and saves penalty Corica should have known??
object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1hZWlwq9dWw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred