• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich Appreciation Thread

Roy Law

It isn't illegal to declare yourself bankrupt. Bozza hasn't committed a crime. No way would I have him as a marquee but would love him to sign for the season. If he wants to be a amrquee we can easily sign a much cheaper 'keeper (Nash?) and still have Vukovic and save our marquee dollars for an attcaking midfielder or a tall centre back.

Tassiemariner

Bosnich has been great for promoting the club already.
Saw a 3 minute story about his comeback match on Setanta Sports News this morning.
Was well pleased, Showed mrdja's penalty, porter 's goal and some lovely views of our magnificent ground.

S

soccersensei

Foriegnmariner said:
Saw a 3 minute story about his comeback match on Setanta Sports News this morning.
Was well pleased, Showed mrdja's penalty, porter 's goal and some lovely views of our magnificent ground.

Fantastic!!!

RADINHO

soccersensei said:
Foriegnmariner said:

Fantastic!!!

fedelta

0,,5673943,00.jpg

marinersman

On the SBS website video with Foster and Les Murray, Foster says he's heard on the grapevine that Bozza might not be signing with us after all.

I sure do hope he's wrong.

Please resist the temptation for Foster bagging, we've done it to death and that's not what the post is about. Hate him or not, his information could be very good for all we know. Hopefully it's not.

Omni

Ahh Marinersman, I think Fossie has proved he doesn't know what he's talking about so no need to worry.

But if it's true, I bet it's FC, who will then be pushing my hatred.

promdi442

Perm said:
I bet Sydney sign him.

Given the form last weekend of Bolton Kossie should be extremely worried about his goalkeeping ranks. If Bling did sign him with all the others they signed and Bozza wont come cheaply wouldnt you think they would have some salary cap issues.

S

soccersensei

Hmmmmm... be disappointed if this is true, but I won't rely on Foster.

swarey

Bozza revels in second chance

28 July 2008 | 09:04 - SBS: Philip Micallef

Mark Bosnich is very much like the John McEnroe of old in that you always wish his press conferences would never end.

The former Socceroos goalkeeper is not the type of guy who uses such gatherings to dish out the usual plethora of cliches and inane excuses.

Bosnich, 36, is making a comeback to professional football after a lapse of seven years and he is smart enough to give the avaricious media what it wants.

With one major difference. When Bosnich talks he makes sense and he means what he says, too.

Running through the tape recording of his conference at the end of the Central Coast-Sydney FC Pre-Season Cup match in Gosford at the weekend, it was easy to see why good old Bozza remains such a popular personality.

Eighteen minutes of tape revealed not only the flamboyant, exuberant and cocky nature of this great character but also his doubts, inhibitions and a deep appreciation of the fortune of getting a chance to redeem himself from his dark past.

The Mariners have given him the number 40 jersey which is quite appropriate: life begins at 40 for Australian football's lovable larrikin.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had my blow-dryer today," he told the waiting media contingent, looking a million dollars in a charcoal suit and with a wide grin to match. "Is the tie straight?"

Having broken the ice so smoothly - although with Bozza this is never really necessary - the goalkeeper talked about the 'big step' he made in his first competitive match in seven years although he admitted it was too early to tell if his comeback was on track to succeed.

The conversation soon turned to the 'butterflies in the belly' he was feeling before his first match on Australian soil since 1999.

Bosnich overcame his nerves with aplomb, keeping a clean sheet and even saving a penalty.

He was clearly loving every moment of the adulation but also he was quick to express his gratitude to all those around him who made his weekend debut such a great success story, not least his two central defenders 'Pedj (Bojic) and Wilks (Alex Wilkinson)'.

He mentioned radio's Alan Jones, the Mariners coach and his assistants, goalkeeper coach John Crawley and even the kitman without whose help 'this would not have been possible. You always have to have that at the back of your mind. For once I'm feeling very humble'.

Bosnich also said he was encouraged to learn that he could still handle high balls quite competently, even though the balls here in Australia tend to fly, he said.

"A mark of a good goalkeeper in my opinion is the way he dominates his box," he explained.

"They say that the older you get you discover that you are not able to come out for high balls as much as you were able to when you're younger."

"I was very happy with the way I dealt with pressure situations today. With shot-stopping you could be lucky but with crosses you have only a split second to make a decision and you could be made to look very foolish."

"However it's a long way to go. I've still got a bit of weight to lose. I'm serious about this and I want to challenge for a place in the side when the league starts."

Bosnich by now had the gathering in the palm of his hand but when asked if he thought he was lucky to be getting another chance at life after his drug and personal problems he opened up even more.

"Of course I'm lucky," he said. "People should count themselves fortunate to wake up in the morning and feel healthy."

"I think many people have someone in their family who has been through some health scare or even worse and that's when you put things into perspective."

"You only have to switch on to the nightly news to see how lucky we all are."

"My problems basically were self-inflicted and I was very lucky to be able to stop what I was doing."

"Family is very important in any walk of life and should not be taken for granted but for a while I veered away."

"My sister has three young children who look up to me and that showed me how important it is to behave yourself."

"I've also got a responsibility now to the younger players in the Mariners team."

"After what happened in the past and feeling so low for so long this (what happened today) does wonders for you."

So what's his immediate goal?

"Looking good. I like looking good and fit and healthy."

Oh yes, the old Bozza is back, alright!

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/adelaide-united/bozza-revels-in-second-chance-124136/

midfielder

From SBS site A-League part  AE says what he thinks of Bozza.

Article shows there is a lot of team spirit at the Mariners. Linl also has a video that can be played with Fozza & LM talking about Bozza the Mariners and maybe Bozza signing with someone else.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/elrich-backs-bosnich-return-124186/

Elrich backs Bosnich return

Trump Central Coast signing Ahmad Elrich doesnt just believe rebound keeper Mark Bosnich can win a contract with the Mariners: hes convinced the eccentric shot-stopper can reignite his Socceroos career.

Stunned by the 36-year-olds redemptive performance in his first serious hitout in over six years, against Sydney FC on Sunday, Elrich believes anything is possible for the man who has stepped back into the light.

Bosnich, who now hopes to start again in the Pre-Season Cup game against Queensland Roar at Brisbanes Perry Park this weekend, stepped into a time machine to recapture the agility that earned him contracts at Aston Villa, Manchester United and Chelsea, as well as 17 caps for his country.

He saved a penalty and pulled off a raft of classy saves to deny John Kosminas men.

"Can he play for Australia again, yes I think he can," said the former Fulham and Wellington Phoenix winger.

"After the way he played against Sydney (a thumping 3-0 win), who knows what he can achieve. His performance was up there with the best any current A-League keeper can offer.

"Ante Covic (who is 33) is getting picked as a reserve keeper for the national team and if Mark keeps up that sort of form, and gets into the shape he wants to be in, then we could all be witnessing the beginning of a fairytale.

"His age is not a concern because keepers, as everybody knows, can play until they are 40 and even beyond.

"His body hasnt suffered from the sorts of injuries which affect most players; its suffered in other ways (through his well-documented former addiction to cocaine). But he has no aches and pains. On the training pitch hes bouncing around like a kid just happy to be playing again.

"He has the hands of somebody who has never held a tool in their life. Theyre so perfect looking he could get a Nivea contract.

"Its fantastic to see how happy he is. Hes been smashed at training the last couple of weeks by (goalkeeping coach) John Crawley - but hes benefited from it."

Even being declared bankrupt by a London court on Monday - Bosnich once earned a reported $88,000 a week - has not silenced the signature bellowing laugh or dampened his eternal optimism.

With volatile first-choice keeper Danny Vukovic banned from rounds three to seven following his flare-up in last seasons Grand Final - and protracted rounds of appeals - Bosnich is now likely to be offered a short-term deal and the chance to challenge for the top spot.

His aura has already entranced the Mariners dressing room with Elrich adding: "His happiness, humour and confidence are all infectious.

"And hes showed he can still do the business. Hes always been one of the best shot-stoppers in the world and some of the saves he pulled off against Sydney were magnificent - especially for someone whos been out of the game so long.

"Its a stepping stone for him. He weighs 105kg and says he has to lose 10 more to get back to his old playing weight. That would be an achievement in itself.

"Its great the club has given him the chance to resurrect his career and his life. Bad things have happened to him but it shows his strength of character that hes been able to begin the climb back.

"There are things he no doubt regrets but people will remember the way hes tried to made amends. Its a great thing for football. I personally never thought Id see him back in the game."

Elrich believes Bosnich can also be a mentor to incumbent Vukovic, a young man whose own career has been dogged by controversy.

"Danny can learn off one of the best on the world now. Im sure Mark doesnt expect to just walk in and take Dannys position.

"It will come down to form, and after Sunday it would be hard probably to drop Bozza."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred