• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich Appreciation Thread

mariners4ever

well bozza appears to be bankrupt in the uk:

A day after Mark Bosnich made a sensational return to top-flight football in Australia it has emerged the goalkeeper has been declared bankrupt by a British court.

Bosnich was declared bankrupt at the High Court in London on July 16 for an undisclosed amount, The Sun newspaper reported on Monday.

Friends have told the paper the former Manchester United, Chelsea and Socceroos goalkeeper, who once earned STG42,000 ($A87,000) a week, has "hit rock bottom" and "hasn't a penny to his name".

But on Sunday Bosnich made a triumphant return in the A-League Pre-Season Cup, saving a penalty and making several spectacular saves as he helped the Central Coast Mariners to a 3-0 win over Sydney FC.

Now 36, Bosnich is attempting to relaunch his career, which spiralled into drug abuse, depression and tawdry tabloid tales of video sex romps and his destructive relationship with English supermodel Sophie Anderton.

Bosnich was sacked from the Chelsea Football Club in 2002 after failing a drugs test and he was suspended from the FA for nine months.

Chelsea later evicted him from a STG1 million ($A2.1 million) home near Harrods in London's Knightsbridge and his relationship with Anderton ended.

RADINHO

Bozza=living legend on the coast :thumbup: and thanks for all the vids u guys posted it is the second game of my life i have seen of Bozza as i am only 13 other game was
Iran 1997 :-\ so that is the first time i have seen him in full so he has left a good first impression on me :)

dub

he was great and we want him even if he has no money he has to start again as Singo said he left it all behind and he will give him a go.....

marinersman

taylor said:
http://news.smh.com.au/sport/bosnich-declared-bankrupt-in-uk-20080728-3m6z.html

Sad to read that, but the main thing is he has got his life together again and seems to be happy which is more important than money.

Although he may have earnt more in a week than what most people earn in a year in Australia, if you are used to be a certain way of life and lifestyle and you haven't earnt an income for six or seven years, I can see how this would happen regardless of what you earnt. Especially if you have had a substance abuse issue.

All that matters is that he has life back together again and is back to his one true love. Hopefully he is getting his family relationships in order and has their support. Does anybody know if his family was there on the weekend? I have heard his parents are absolutely lovely people.

dub

I have to agree with you and his family was there I noticed them at the back but why was he declared Bankrupt after he left London anyway, and by who and how much.

Some one has received some money for the story and could have been more than the dept?

We want a goalkeeper not a company director any way?????? :innocent:

Bex

Yeh, I don't care either way. If he is bankrupt, all the more reason to do well with the mariners and get himself back on the rails. If he isn't bankrupt, well he did choose to trial with us and hopefully there will be a contract announced soon; he certainly seems very keen to put in 100% even if he has got cash.

Ted

marinermick said:
says he is not broke:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24093617-5006068,00.html

Timing seems too coincidental. Anything to sell a paper!

finally retired

it seems that some at TWG have a high opinion of Bozza as well.....
cop this...."And once again Central Coast have outfoxed Sydney. Bozza has more charisma in his left fingernail than John Aloisi could ever hope to transmit. He's marketable, talented and represents what every Australian likes to see in their heroes: triumph over adversity, humbleness not hubris."  :pirashoot:
source  http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/halftimeorange/ooh-aah-bozzas-positively-cantona-124148/

clarence

Why would Bosnich leave behind a legal mess, like a Bankruptcy, when he probably has eyes on returning to the UK to resume a playing career?

His comments make more sense than the news reports (that is, he has instructed a lawyer to deal with a debt).

Is it too early to suggest the term "marquee" when used with Bosnich and contract negotiations? ;) ;D

Love the marketing references and comparison to Aloisi in that TWG article. But then again, Bosnich has done some commentating for SBS, so he has worked with them and I suppose they like his on screen personna. :tv:

brett

Greenpoleffc said:
Bozzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is an assured and comfortable media performer, Aloi$i isnt (witness stupid shampoo ads)

It was strange of the Cove boys to bring small bags of Aloisi's dandruff to wave at Bozza. Not sure what they meant by that.

northernspirit

brett said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Bozzaaaaaaaaaaaaaa is an assured and comfortable media performer, Aloi$i isnt (witness stupid shampoo ads)

It was strange of the Cove boys to bring small bags of Aloi$i's dandruff to wave at Bozza. Not sure what they meant by that.
lol thats classic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred