• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Active Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

priorpeter

To be fair the bay hasn’t really been “active” for a few years. There has been some activity but it has been minor.

I imagine the new, non-toxic crew will have run of the mill of the bay game days.

As for pregame, I have no issue with having different with having different venues. Everyone has different preferences and people they want to drink with. I certainly don’t want to hang out with deranged sisters.

Most of the Koastie Krew are under 18 anyway.

Justin Cooney

Alright enough of this.

I was going to wait until the game and apologise face to face as it is only words over here. But it’s gone on long enough.

I apologise for what I said. Call it back tracking. Call it whatever you like. The point is I have reflected on everything that has been said here. And it has caused a fair amount of drama, so I do apologise for what was said and what has gone on. And just to make things clear I’m NOT homophobic in any way shape or form. But I can see now where all you lads are coming from.

Hopefully we can move on from this. And I can assure you all that it won’t be happening again.

I hope you guys accept the apology. And if I have to I will still apologise to you lot in person. Active support for this club needs to work together. There is NO LEADER to the Coastie Crew.

The point is. To anyone I offended, I apologise. It won’t happen again and I really do hope we can all put that crap in the past. There are bigger and better things we should all be focusing on. Not this bickering. We all support the same club and we all want our lads to get the win against Adelaide.

And just to clear up another issue. If the YA start chants we will more than happily drum/chant to it.

Again, I am truly sorry for offending you guys. I’m learning from it, people who have “power” in an active support will always be closely looked at. I’m admitting that I have slipped up.
I just hope we can all move on. Wednesday shouldn’t be dragged down by all this bickering crap. It should be a good day regardless of the result.

I hope you all accept this apology.

Justin.

Josho Howe

We all support the same damn club so the sooner the better in all getting on the same page. The YA event created at Bay Rd on Wednesday has been in the works for a couple of weeks with the guys trying to establish relationships with Baker St and Bay Rd to create a pre-game experience for the fans on Wednesday and making sure we continue that on throughout the A-League season. Bay Rd are locals and want to be a part of matchdays. Being so close to the stadium is perfect and it's a nice little joint that should be taken advantage of.

The march made by the CC16 lads is also a good idea and it shouldn't be about competition. March goes down Bay Rd, some people see it and join. It's a good thing. They've also got their merch, the YA have got their new Feed The Muzz tees, again, it shouldn't be a competition. I wanna see active back to where it's been in years past.

Cooney, you've said some really dumb shit and you need to realise that to lead an active, you need the respect. No one respects immature social media posts. And i'm not attacking you or being a prick, just shooting straight with you. Respecting the guys that came before you and are still there in the bay isn't hard.

I've had enough of the bickering and l can't be bothered with putting up with any drama. I follow my football club and don't wanna have to put up with petulant bullshit. I'm just glad this all happened now with the season still ahead.

Justin Cooney

We all support the same damn club so the sooner the better in all getting on the same page. The YA event created at Bay Rd on Wednesday has been in the works for a couple of weeks with the guys trying to establish relationships with Baker St and Bay Rd to create a pre-game experience for the fans on Wednesday and making sure we continue that on throughout the A-League season. Bay Rd are locals and want to be a part of matchdays. Being so close to the stadium is perfect and it's a nice little joint that should be taken advantage of.

The march made by the CC16 lads is also a good idea and it shouldn't be about competition. March goes down Bay Rd, some people see it and join. It's a good thing. They've also got their merch, the YA have got their new Feed The Muzz tees, again, it shouldn't be a competition. I wanna see active back to where it's been in years past.

Cooney, you've said some really dumb shit and you need to realise that to lead an active, you need the respect. No one respects immature social media posts. And i'm not attacking you or being a prick, just shooting straight with you. Respecting the guys that came before you and are still there in the bay isn't hard.

I've had enough of the bickering and l can't be bothered with putting up with any drama. I follow my football club and don't wanna have to put up with petulant bullshit. I'm just glad this all happened now with the season still ahead.
That is exactly why we’re going past bay road. We have all said/done some stupid shit. As you said Josh, the sooner both active supports can get on the same page the better.

priorpeter

I’ll just say this:
You say “active needs to work together”, yet continually slag off YA on socials, as well as the other kids in your group negatively interacting with our posts. You also took banners/flags that were paid for and made by the YA, to try and ‘rebrand’ them to Coastie Crew.
Actions speak louder than words.

Justin Cooney

I’ll just say this:
You say “active needs to work together”, yet continually slag off YA on socials, as well as the other kids in your group negatively interacting with our posts. You also took banners/flags that were paid for and made by the YA, to try and ‘rebrand’ them to Coastie Crew.
What banners/flags? We haven’t taken any? We’ve made our own.

Josho Howe

Just to clear things up, there’s no “leader” of the Coastie Crew.
Ahk. Hopefully the march gets some good numbers. You've been lucky that the team has had a cup run and we've got a home semi-final. That'll mean some people will be coming to their first game for a while and any march/active will make a good impression.

Last edited:

ccm16

Ahk, my bad. Hopefully the march gets some good numbers. You've been lucky that the team has had a cup run and we've got a home semi-final. That'll mean some people will be coming to their first game for a while and any march/active will make a good impression.

That’s what we’re hoping for. It would be good if the YA could join in too, as I think people would want to see a united active support, but I know they have been planning their event for as long as us.

marinermick

Alright enough of this.

I was going to wait until the game and apologise face to face as it is only words over here. But it’s gone on long enough.

I apologise for what I said. Call it back tracking. Call it whatever you like. The point is I have reflected on everything that has been said here. And it has caused a fair amount of drama, so I do apologise for what was said and what has gone on. And just to make things clear I’m NOT homophobic in any way shape or form. But I can see now where all you lads are coming from.

Hopefully we can move on from this. And I can assure you all that it won’t be happening again.

I hope you guys accept the apology. And if I have to I will still apologise to you lot in person. Active support for this club needs to work together. There is NO LEADER to the Coastie Crew.

The point is. To anyone I offended, I apologise. It won’t happen again and I really do hope we can all put that crap in the past. There are bigger and better things we should all be focusing on. Not this bickering. We all support the same club and we all want our lads to get the win against Adelaide.

And just to clear up another issue. If the YA start chants we will more than happily drum/chant to it.

Again, I am truly sorry for offending you guys. I’m learning from it, people who have “power” in an active support will always be closely looked at. I’m admitting that I have slipped up.
I just hope we can all move on. Wednesday shouldn’t be dragged down by all this bickering crap. It should be a good day regardless of the result.

I hope you all accept this apology.

Justin.

Hi Justin

Thank you for this email. It shows a level of maturity and self awareness and appreciate the time it has taken to develop the post.

I too apologise for things said that may have offended, especially to your sister. I want a clean slate on this.

The proof is now in the pudding and Wednesday night.

One thing I do ask, is that no one in your group slags me or anyone at the back of the bay if I don’t join in a specific chant. It has been a long time since I was eighteen and I don’t have the stamina of you young guys. At other times I want a football chat with the knowledgeable men around me.

Cheers
Mick

Justin Cooney

Hi Justin

Thank you for this email. It shows a level of maturity and self awareness and appreciate the time it has taken to develop the post.

I too apologise for things said that may have offended, especially to your sister. I want a clean slate on this.

The proof is now in the pudding and Wednesday night.

One thing I do ask, is that no one in your group slags me or anyone at the back of the bay if I don’t join in a specific chant. It has been a long time since I was eighteen and I don’t have the stamina of you young guys. At other times I want a football chat with the knowledgeable men around me.

Cheers
Mick
No one is gonna be doing any slagging, as mentioned before if you guys do chants I will happily drum to it.

scottmac

Suspended
I’ll just say this:
Fairly sure everyone was onto moving forward but this post seems to dredge stuff up. Justin had started with words now, give him time to follow through with action.
I'm not dismissing your points just pointing out that it's the only post going back to bickering and negativity when everyone seems to be moving on.

style_cafe

It`s time to unite.
Justin`s apology was as sincere as any I`ve seen here.
I`m not part of Bay 16 but Bay 16 is part of all supporters.
When the Bay is united it out cheers and out does any other club.
Lets all just cheer our team as one and let the old bulls and the young bulls look down the hill together...:popcorn:

PS. let`s sing for MARINERS not yellow:overheadl:

adz

Staff member
PS. let`s sing for MARINERS not yellow:overheadl:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts