• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Wombat

Whenever you have people questioning training methods it never ends well, I highly doubt any assistant would speak out of line if they were not seriously concerned. Aloisi was questioned about it during his woeful time at Heart and Walmsley as well, definitely not a good sign for Joyce.

maybe he is asking them to break into a sweat at training?

Rowdy

Whenever you have people questioning training methods it never ends well, I highly doubt any assistant would speak out of line if they were not seriously concerned. Aloisi was questioned about it during his woeful time at Heart and Walmsley as well, definitely not a good sign for Joyce.
Hell Yeah !

Luc Trani speaking out got his boss Scott Miller sacked at The Scum !
....... then himself a day later.

JoyfulPenguin

According to Ivorian Newspaper, L'Inter, Ivorian international Constant Djakpa will join A-League side Melbourne Victory pending a medical after already agreeing terms. The Ivorian left back has previously played for Bayer Leverkusen and will fly into Melbourne tomorrow.

Rowdy

Adelaide United’s Karim Matmour has convinced German Daniel Adlung to join rampaging Reds after former TSV 1860 Munich attacker has a change of heart:
1024a36abddb21c70387a57dd65db0c5.jpg

ADELAIDE United’s Algerian international Karim Matmour has convinced German Daniel Adlung to join the Reds after the former TSV 1860 Munich attacker initially had cold feet.

Matmour was Adlung’s teammate at 1860.

It’s understood the classy midfielder was the Reds’ conduit in convincing the 29-year-old former German under-20 international to sign a deal after he agreed to terms in July only to have second thoughts.

“I signed a preliminary contract, now fly to Australia and look at everything there,” Adlung told Germany’s SPORT 1.

“I see the change to the other end of the world as a real opportunity and it will be a whole new life experience.”

Adlung is expected to arrive in Adelaide this weekend with his young family before undergoing a medical on Monday.

Reds officials did not want to make a comment about the situation after general manager of football, Ante Kovacevic, last month confirmed the Adlung deal was almost done before the German changed his mind.

“He agreed to a contract,’’ Kovacevic toldThe Advertiser.

“Everything was heading the right way but his wife and he wasn’t keen on the idea of moving to Australia after they just had a newborn.”

Adlung at the time told German media the same story.

“Marco (Kurz) would have liked me very much, but because of our three and a half months old daughter my wife and I decided against it,” Adlung told Sport 1 Germany.

Adlung is looming to be the club’s fifth and final import for the new season, which will include a FFA semi-final berth after Nikola Mileusnic scored a hat-trick in the 3-0 win against Heidelberg United on Wednesday night.

He is destined to join Matmour, Johan Absalonsen, Isaias and Baba Diawara.

He has been described as a box-to-box midfielder, is well known to Reds coach Marco Kurz and played under United’s assistant Filip Tapalović at 1860.

It’s understood the classy midfielder was the Reds’ conduit in convincing the 29-year-old former German under-20 international to sign a deal after he agreed to terms in July only to have second thoughts.

Adlung was a key under-21 international playing alongside arguably the world’s best goalkeeper today Manuel Neuer from Bayern Munich and midfielder Gonzalo Castro from Borussia Dortmund. Both are fully capped German internationals.

Adlung played 289 games and scored 29 goals with 42 assists in the Bundesliga 2.

He was released from 1860 on July 1 after four years at the club.

The club which was the original Bundesliga winner in 1966 was sent to Germany’s fourth tier after the club was relegated from the second-tier in May.

It was then dropped to fourth tier after failing to transfer about $8 million to the German Football Federation (DFB) for a third division licence.

Rowdy

On paper, looks to be another quality foreigner signed to the A-League.

Most HAL teams have really raised the bar with their foreign signings this season

Big Al

On paper, looks to be another quality foreigner signed to the A-League.

Most HAL teams have really raised the bar with their foreign signings this season
And while ours have been good as well do you think we are behind on the wings or AM? I know we've gone Aussie and strengthened the mids and CB which needed it.
The pressure on DDS is getting bigger with these overseas signings.

Of course need to see how they go but you can't sleep in this league.

This makes our fall harder to catch back up. While we look a lot better this year and best since Arnie/moss takeover the other sides push the gap as we try to catch them

pjennings

And while ours have been good as well do you think we are behind on the wings or AM? I know we've gone Aussie and strengthened the mids and CB which needed it.
The pressure on DDS is getting bigger with these overseas signings.

Of course need to see how they go but you can't sleep in this league.

This makes our fall harder to catch back up. While we look a lot better this year and best since Arnie/moss takeover the other sides push the gap as we try to catch them

I think Okon has strengthened where we really needed it. We have speed out wide but TBH Trent, Appiah and Pain will all have to be come up with more end product to get re-signed because as you noted we are still behind on quality compared to some clubs.

true believer

Big Al

Also appears the age of the imports is dropping as well. Feels like 30 is the new mark instead of 32+

Players who could still be in Europe are coming here

Big Al

City have signed a 2nd marquee, a polish player who has played over 200 games there. He is a midfielder who has played for Poland youth teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred