• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

sydmariner

City have signed a 2nd marquee, a polish player who has played over 200 games there. He is a midfielder who has played for Poland youth teams
Transfer news: City sign new Polish marquee
budzinski_bsk6qone8nd011c7b8w6fpwec.jpg
Monday, 18 September 2017 -
@MelbourneCity .
Melbourne City FC have secured a new marquee signing for the upcoming Hyundai A-League season with Polish midfielder Marcin Budzinski joining the club.
Head here for Melbourne City's official website

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Budzinski has signed a two-year marquee deal for the club.

►The 27-year-old joins from the Polish Ekstraklasa – the nation’s top flight - where he played 200 matches for club sides Arka Gdynia and KS Cracovia.

►He has represented Poland at U-19, U-20 and U-21 level.

►Budzinski replaces Argentine Nicolas Colazo, who was released after a season and is playing with Gimnasia La Plata in his native Argentina.

►City's Hyundai A-League 2017/18 Season gets underway against Brisbane Roar on Friday, October 6.

budzinski_uzbfl99zwg6v1usvffshojj6d.jpg

WHAT THEY SAID

Marcin Budzinski: “One of the reasons I joined Melbourne City is the ambition for success that every single person involved in the club has.

"We are all here to play the best football we can, to work hard and to do our best to win for the fans.

"I have just arrived in Australia but already I feel at home, and with three weeks to go until the first game, I can’t wait to get started.”

Coach Warren Joyce: “Marcin is an imaginative midfield player with high-level experience both in the top domestic league in Poland, and with the Polish national team.

He arrives at an important time for the team as we finalise our pre-season and prepare for our first A-League match, and I have no doubt the fans will be excited to see him play for the first time.”

budzinski_h0bv1gvj7b5b1v531e652m3jx.jpg

This article was originally published at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/a...r-marcin-budzinski/1mqpfxs7cxalu1kg9ljg6aijw9.

JoyfulPenguin

City have signed a 2nd marquee, a polish player who has played over 200 games there. He is a midfielder who has played for Poland youth teams
His pedigree isn't great but players with similar and worse pedigrees have come here and done well. Will be an interesting one to watch

Rowdy

GERMAN COMPLETES REDS VISA QUOTA:

ImageResizer-1.jpg

Adelaide United have belatedly confirmed the signing of German midfielder Daniel Adlung on a two-year contract.

The 29-year-old joins the Reds for the next two A-League seasons and boasts a wealth of experience having spent 11 seasons in 2. Bundesliga.

Adlung’s professional career began at his hometown club SpVgg Greuther Fürth, before moving to top-flight outfit VfL Wolfsburg.

After leaving the Wolves in 2010, he has since enjoyed spells with Alemannia Aachen, Energie Cottbus and most recently 1860 Munich.

The versatile midfielder has gone on to accumulate over 280 appearances in the German second division, scoring 29 goals and laying on a further 42 assists.

Adelaide coach Marco Kurz said Adlung has great pedigree and will bolster the squad’s midfield depth.

“I’m delighted that Daniel has signed for Adelaide and we’re looking forward to him joining our team for two seasons,” he said.

“Daniel is a fantastic player with a great technique, has a lot of experience, and is someone who will strengthen our midfield options.

“He can play as a holding or offensive midfielder and is also very good on either wing.”

ImageResizer.jpg
Adlung is Adelaide's second signing from 1860 Munich this off-season

Speaking on joining the Reds, Adlung said: “For me it’s a good feeling to be here in Adelaide.

“We haven’t seen a lot from the city right now but the first impressions are very good.

“It’s a new chapter in my life and the offer was very good and I spoke with Ante (Kovacevic) and Marco (Kurz) and they gave me a good feeling to come to Australia.”

Adlung said he was looking forward to working with Kurz after hearing good things about him in Germany.

“I know him from Germany and he worked at very good clubs and had lots of success and I think he is a good young coach with a good philosophy," he said.

“I hope to have a successful season with the team and with Marco and I also know Filip (Tapalovic) the assistant – I worked with him at 1860 Munich so it’s good.”

Adlung also said he hopes to impart some of his knowledge to the younger players in the squad.

“I’ve a lot of experience and I want to help the young players and every player," he said.

“And I want that they help me as well because it’s a new situation for me – a new language, a new country, everything is new.”

The German is the Reds’ eighth new acquisition ahead of the new campaign following the arrivals of Paul Izzo, Nathan Konstandopoulos, George Blackwood, Ersan Gülüm, Johan Absalonsen, Vince Lia, and Karim Matmour.

His capture fills the permitted quota of five foreign spots. Adlung will wear the number 37 for the Reds.

JoyfulPenguin

Interesting to see Adelaide United trailing Elvis Kamsoba, he was terrific throughout the NPL Victoria for the Melbourne Knights another we could potentially sign as a mature age rookie...

Big Al

GERMAN COMPLETES REDS VISA QUOTA:

View attachment 977

Adelaide United have belatedly confirmed the signing of German midfielder Daniel Adlung on a two-year contract.

The 29-year-old joins the Reds for the next two A-League seasons and boasts a wealth of experience having spent 11 seasons in 2. Bundesliga.

Adlung’s professional career began at his hometown club SpVgg Greuther Fürth, before moving to top-flight outfit VfL Wolfsburg.

After leaving the Wolves in 2010, he has since enjoyed spells with Alemannia Aachen, Energie Cottbus and most recently 1860 Munich.

The versatile midfielder has gone on to accumulate over 280 appearances in the German second division, scoring 29 goals and laying on a further 42 assists.

Adelaide coach Marco Kurz said Adlung has great pedigree and will bolster the squad’s midfield depth.

“I’m delighted that Daniel has signed for Adelaide and we’re looking forward to him joining our team for two seasons,” he said.

“Daniel is a fantastic player with a great technique, has a lot of experience, and is someone who will strengthen our midfield options.

“He can play as a holding or offensive midfielder and is also very good on either wing.”

View attachment 978
Adlung is Adelaide's second signing from 1860 Munich this off-season

Speaking on joining the Reds, Adlung said: “For me it’s a good feeling to be here in Adelaide.

“We haven’t seen a lot from the city right now but the first impressions are very good.

“It’s a new chapter in my life and the offer was very good and I spoke with Ante (Kovacevic) and Marco (Kurz) and they gave me a good feeling to come to Australia.”

Adlung said he was looking forward to working with Kurz after hearing good things about him in Germany.

“I know him from Germany and he worked at very good clubs and had lots of success and I think he is a good young coach with a good philosophy," he said.

“I hope to have a successful season with the team and with Marco and I also know Filip (Tapalovic) the assistant – I worked with him at 1860 Munich so it’s good.”

Adlung also said he hopes to impart some of his knowledge to the younger players in the squad.

“I’ve a lot of experience and I want to help the young players and every player," he said.

“And I want that they help me as well because it’s a new situation for me – a new language, a new country, everything is new.”

The German is the Reds’ eighth new acquisition ahead of the new campaign following the arrivals of Paul Izzo, Nathan Konstandopoulos, George Blackwood, Ersan Gülüm, Johan Absalonsen, Vince Lia, and Karim Matmour.

His capture fills the permitted quota of five foreign spots. Adlung will wear the number 37 for the Reds.
Sounds like another quality player for the league

Big Al

I think these guys take the league forward as well, more than one big name who is past it.

Will be a competitive season

Big Al

Been refusing to train apparently, even went he went out on loan to Nottingham Forest and refused. You would have to hope that City know what they're getting with this one.
Head doesn't sound in the game. Maybe the short stint will be enough before plays up

Wombat

Been refusing to train apparently, even went he went out on loan to Nottingham Forest and refused. You would have to hope that City know what they're getting with this one.

I remember him at Leeds and he was a very good striker. Sounds like a bit of a plum but City's coach looks like a hard nose bastard so should whip him into shape. Could easily be the Golden Boot for HAL.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
With a week to go, after spending last Saturday at the WSW Fan day, Popa has gone f%#k you and quit the club to manage a mob of never will be's in the Turkish Super Lig, that was nice of him

sydmariner

Coaching shock: Popovic resigns as Wanderers coach

Western Sydney Wanderers have confirmed that Tony Popovic has resigned as the club’s Hyundai A-League coach, effective immediately.

Popovic has accepted a coaching opportunity in Turkey.

The former Caltex Socceroos defender was the Wanderers inaugural coach in 2012 and led the club to the Hyundai A-League Premiership in their first season.'

View image on Twitter
DLBqvB1VwAE76Qv.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc

The Wanderers qualified for three Grand Finals and won the 2014 Asian Champions League under Popovic’s tutelage.

More to come…

pjennings

Foxsports.com.au understands that assistant coaches Andres Carrasco and Hayden Foxe, as well as goalkeeper coach Zeljko Kalac will also depart the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb