• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

Players from the Sth Americas taking up 30% of the total 50 allowed under the Foreign Player Rule ......pretty significant.

Will be interesting to see if any major change in play &/or goals this coming season as a result.

Manny_ccm

Roar - Emilio Martínez
Scum - .........
CCM - Alan Baro, Asdrúbal Hernández
SydFC- Bobô
WSW - Oriol Riera, Álvaro Cejudo, Raúl Llorente
MC - Bruno Fornaroli, Fernando Brandán
MV - Matías Sánchez
AUntd - Isaías Sánchez
Glory - Diego Castro, Xavi Torres, Andreu Guerao
Nix - Guilherme Finkler

HAL = 'Hispanic A-League'

Bobo is Brazilian, not Hispanic

Rowdy

Bobo is Brazilian, not Hispanic
Brazilians will use a rough mixture of Spanish and Portuguese that is sometimes known as Portuñol, which means Bobo could be included in that list as the term 'Hispanic' relates to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Central and South America
........... for arguments sake.

I'm sure if one of the other 14 players tells Bobo in spanish that his mother is a 'puta', they'll get a punch to the face ;)

Manny_ccm

Brazilians will use a rough mixture of Spanish and Portuguese that is sometimes known as Portuñol, which means Bobo could be included in that list as the term 'Hispanic' relates to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Central and South America
........... for arguments sake.

I'm sure if one of the other 14 players tells Bobo in spanish that his mother is a 'puta', they'll get a punch to the face ;)
The Brazilian National language is Portuguese not Spanish.

Even though English is the Australian National language, you can walk along numerous Sydney streets and only hear people talking Vietnamese or Arabic but you wouldn't call Australians Asian or Middle Eastern.

I know and frequent with many Brazilians (Brasileiros) and speak fluently with them and I'm yet to meet one that wouldn't be insulted being called Hispanic. I'm certain I'd get a swift resonse of Sacana or Caralho at calling them Hispanic:(

Would be like calling an Aussie a Kiwi or vice versa.:p

Rowdy

And everyone thinks Dibo's a pedant o_O

'Hispanic A-League' was meant as a light-hearted play on Hyundai abbreviation, not as insultation to the contingent of Sth Americans playing this year OR any other Sth Americans for that matter.

Manny_ccm

And everyone thinks Dibo's a pedant o_O

'Hispanic A-League' was meant as a light-hearted play on Hyundai abbreviation, not as insultation to the contingent of Sth Americans playing this year OR any other Sth Americans for that matter.
Gee, OK, I get your "HAL" attempt at humour however I was trying to clear up a common misconception about Brazilians and their ethnicity so I guess that gives you freedom to start calling me names.
I'll drop the conversation now and revert back to being the silent majority and everyone can get back on topic...

Rowdy

Gee, OK, I get your "HAL" attempt at humour however I was trying to clear up a common misconception about Brazilians and their ethnicity so I guess that gives you freedom to start calling me names.
I'll drop the conversation now and revert back to being the silent majority and everyone can get back on topic...
No harms Manny , all good :)

Rowdy

MELBOURNE VICTORY SIGN DUTCH WINGER LEROY GEORGE:

Screenshot_2017-09-08-13-27-44-1.png

Melbourne Victory has bolstered their attacking options with the acquisition of Netherlands winger Leroy George.

Kevin Muscat has swooped on the Surinamese-born attacker to boost his options down the flanks

The the club will soon confirm the signing of the 30-year-old, who will be their fourth visa player - alongside Besart Berisha, Kosta Barbarouses and Matias Sanchez.

George most recently played for Turkish second division club Adana Demirspor and previously enjoyed stints with Dutch Eredivisie sides NEC and FC Utrecht.

He has also been capped for the Netherlands at under-20 and under-21 levels.

JoyfulPenguin

Has played in some weak leagues since leaving the Eredivise four years ago, Azerbaijan and then the Turkish Second Division. If he is all Victory can come up with then Brama, Hiairej are fantastic signings.

Rowdy

Has played in some weak leagues since leaving the Eredivise four years ago, Azerbaijan and then the Turkish Second Division. If he is all Victory can come up with then Brama, Hiairej are fantastic signings.
Hard to say really, the Turkish League does tend to find some rather good overseas players to sign that weren't setting their previous leagues on fire.

Think of Jedinak, Vukovic & Bruce Djitte, the latter 2 should of done better there but unfortunstely didn't. Mile kicked on to Palace and the rest is history for him.

Although George, a winger, wasn't banging them in for the Turkish clubs (although he did score 1 every 3 games before that in the Azerbaijani League)

He may have a 'shitload' of assists ???
- & that's what Muscat will be looking for from him.

JoyfulPenguin

Hard to say really, the Turkish League does tend to find some rather good overseas players to sign that weren't setting their previous leagues on fire.

Think of Jedinak, Vukovic & Bruce Djitte, the latter 2 should of done better there but unfortunstely didn't. Mile kicked on to Palace and the rest is history for him.

Although George, a winger, wasn't banging them in for the Turkish clubs (although he did score 1 every 3 games before that in the Azerbaijani League)

He may have a 'shitload' of assists ???
- & that's what Muscat will be looking for from him.
Jedinak, Vukovic and Djite all played in the top division though. The Turkish league has quality no doubt but this guy is coming off three seasons in the Turkish second division, somewhere Bulut can get a go very easily. Will definitely be interesting to see how he performs if he does sign as I'm probably being far too harsh on him.

Rowdy

2nd Division true, But Muscat, despite the arsehole he is, has a pretty good eye for foreign signings:

Adama Traore
Fred
Carlos Hernández
Guilherme Finkler
Matthieu Delpierre

Rowdy

Will settle in easy @Brisb with fellow 'Frenchy' team-mate, Fahid Ben Kalfallah, who is well acclimatised in both Aus football & culture.

Rowdy

MELBOURNE CITY COACH WARREN JOYCE DEMOTES ASSISTANT AFTER POWER PLAY:
Screenshot_2017-09-09-21-24-47-1.png

It's been a difficult transition for City to their new coach, with plenty of in-fighting behind the scenes.

Newly appointed Melbourne City coach Warren Joyce has demoted one of his assistant coaches amid tensions in the A-League club's backroom.

The Covert Agent can reveal Joe Montemurro has been relegated to another role within the club setup after questioning the pre-season training methods implemented by the former Manchester United reserves coach.

It is also believed fellow assistant coach Michael Valkanis has concerns over Joyce's philosophy, but was told by the Englishman that challenges to his authority will not be accepted.

Rowdy

Montemurro did well winning the title as 'The Plastics' W-League Coach, due in part to spending shit-loads of CFG's ca$h on buying up all the quality female players from other clubs.

Then someone at M-City transitioned him into the Mens set-up.

JoyfulPenguin

Montemurro did well winning the title as 'The Plastics' W-League Coach, due in part to spending shit-loads of CFG's ca$h on buying up all the quality female players from other clubs.

Then someone at M-City transitioned him into the Mens set-up.
Whenever you have people questioning training methods it never ends well, I highly doubt any assistant would speak out of line if they were not seriously concerned. Aloisi was questioned about it during his woeful time at Heart and Walmsley as well, definitely not a good sign for Joyce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred