• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

Wanderers sign Spanish Youth International:

The Wanderers have signed Spaniard Raúl Llorente for the 2017/18 season.

A left-sided player who is able to play as a fullback or winger, Llorente arrives in Western Sydney on a one-year deal from Greek side Platanias FC having made 23 appearances and scoring one goal for the club last season.

An Atlético Madrid junior and Spanish youth international, Llorente spent nine seasons in Spain with Atlético, Alavés, Xerez and Tenerife before moving abroad to Greece with Kalloni and later with Platanias.

The tough-tackling Llorente is the Wanderers’ third Spanish acquisition of the off-season, joining compatriots and marquee men Oriol Riera and Álvaro Cejudo.

Llorente said he was looking forward to taking on a new challenge with the Wanderers.

"I’m so excited to be here, I want to say thank you to all the people from the club. It’s a big change but it’s something special for me,” Llorente said.

"I’m a player that works hard, I try to play 100% not only in games but also training. I want to win everything but we must take it step by step and game by game."

Tevor

WSW look pretty good this year
They are due, good year then ordinary year is their pattern and last year would fall into the category of ordinary for their expected standards. They already look better on paper than last years team.

The Roar Retirees and Nux look to be the weaker teams this year with all others maintaining good squads or having the look of strengthening from last year. Still plenty of pre season left though.

Wombat

Alot of Wanderers international players have been flops but they have had some excellent ones. But their crazy coach usually axes the good ones after a season and they crash and burn. I enjoy it when the Drive bys struggle because of their big mouth fans but a succesful WS is good for the comp.

Big Al

Tom Smithies‏Verified account @SmithiesTele 23m
Hearing @SydneyFC have signed Anthony Kalik on loan from Hadjuk Split. Arnie made him youngest A-L pro at CCM 4yrs ago. Story up shortly
But Arnie not allowed to play youth anymore and there is no room in first 11. Oneil Brillante and Ninkovic have the midfield covered. Bench squadie at best.

Will be interesting to see how he goes as was ordinary here and couldn't get a sniff in and we had an ordinary team.

Wombat

But he was a kid then. Just listen to the shit being written about Trent who is the same age as Kalik was.

JoyfulPenguin

But Arnie not allowed to play youth anymore and there is no room in first 11. Oneil Brillante and Ninkovic have the midfield covered. Bench squadie at best.

Will be interesting to see how he goes as was ordinary here and couldn't get a sniff in and we had an ordinary team.
Will get plenty of game time at least in the second half of the season with the ACL. Probably will be a bit of a squaddie but GA has plenty of faith in him so could be more.

Big Al

Will get plenty of game time at least in the second half of the season with the ACL. Probably will be a bit of a squaddie but GA has plenty of faith in him so could be more.
Think I read he's signed as one of the under 20's A League contracts as still only 19.
Will be interesting to see if does get anytime

Rowdy

Perth Glory have signed Xavi Torres as their Spanish contingent at the club swells to three:

Perth Glory have signed Xavi Torres as their Spanish contingent at the club swells to three.

Diego Castro has been sparkling in the famous purple shirt for the past two seasons, while Andreu arrived in July having starred for Western Sydney Wanderers during his previous A-League stint.

Torres is a former teammate of Castro at Getafe and like Andreu, also enjoyed a spell at Barcelona where he featured regularly for the reserve team coached by Pep Guardiola.

It was also under Guardiola that Torres made both of his first-team appearances for the Catalan giants and after leaving the Camp Nou, he joined fellow-La Liga side Malaga who duly loaned him to Levante for whom he played more than 60 times, scoring five goals.

In 2012, the former Villareal youth product was signed by Getafe for a fee of around $800,000 and after one season with the Madrid-based side, he moved on to Real Betis whom he subsequently represented in the Europa League and helped steer to the Segunda Division title.

Now 30, Glory’s latest Spanish recruit spent last season playing for Sporting Gijon and made 19 appearances as the Asturian club narrowly failed to retain their top-flight status.

He flew into Perth with his partner over the weekend and is clearly excited by the prospect of beginning a new chapter in his career.

"I'm really excited to be here," he said. "I have heard good things about the club and the league from Diego (Castro) and Kenny (Lowe) and now I want to win things with Perth Glory."

Torres has signed a one-year deal subject to international and medical clearance.

Rowdy

Roar - Emilio Martínez
Scum - .........
CCM - Alan Baro, Asdrúbal Hernández
SydFC- Bobô
WSW - Oriol Riera, Álvaro Cejudo, Raúl Llorente
MC - Bruno Fornaroli, Fernando Brandán
MV - Matías Sánchez
AUntd - Isaías Sánchez
Glory - Diego Castro, Xavi Torres, Andreu Guerao
Nix - Guilherme Finkler

HAL = 'Hispanic A-League'