• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

Melange

I couldn't watch the game last night but have seen replays of the VAR disgraces.

Aside from those how did the new line up perform? Very surprised, pleasantly so, to see Monty adjust the team, giving Moresch and Beni a start, moving Nis central. Good sign that Monty isn't stubborn enough to stick to plan A when things haven't been working.

Any post I've missed giving a wrap up on how the team and individuals performed? Would love to read it.

Ancient Mariner

I just had twenty minutes meditation in an MRI tube and now feel capable of making a comment on the actual game not the crap.
A few interesting points I noticed:
Fazz back to being a genius and Miller still getting better.
I am glad Benni showed all the doubters that he is a worthwhile weapon. His best game yet.
I hope Moresche does similar soon, but I think he is running out of time. I still see a lot of commitment.
Nizzy back in midfield is a no brainer. Made some mistakes but gave us some go forward in the middle of the park.
City's attack is bloody awesome and really worked well with one touches, triangles and one twos to open us up. Credit to our back four for doing as well as they did. They will not come up against better than that this season.
Interesting late in the game it looked like Ollie was playing a #8 or AM role while Nizzy stayed as a #6. Gave Ollie a second lease of life. Worth thinking about.
Good to see Muller growing in fitness each week.
Cy looked much better in the middle of the park than on the wing. Maybe he is a #10.
Smith's pace was awesome. Impressive.
Cummings needs someone to provide for him to finish. I am starting to see that he is definitely not a back to goal target man. Hopefully He and Marco can work it out. Both too valuable to waste. Cummings wasted if his partner is not creative.
It looked to me like we started with a 4 2 2 2 last night that did not work.
What I saw last night made me think that a 4 4 2 narrow diamond midfield could work with both Marco and Cummings up front but Marco dropping a little deeper working with Nizz as a box to box #8.

Plenty to think about and work with.

All these comments are without watch a replay. I doubt that I could stand watching that shit again. I have only now stopped breaking things and need to restore my blood pressure to a somewhat safer level.

true believer

I couldn't watch the game last night but have seen replays of the VAR disgraces.

Aside from those how did the new line up perform? Very surprised, pleasantly so, to see Monty adjust the team, giving Moresch and Beni a start, moving Nis central. Good sign that Monty isn't stubborn enough to stick to plan A when things haven't been working.

Any post I've missed giving a wrap up on how the team and individuals performed? Would love to read it.
it's a pity nizzy was real good first half but faded a bit looked about 80%
beni had a good go , muller to little , bozza was gassed early and cost us , moresche trys, passes were ordinary , hall was very good , rowles some lose passes ,cummings looked tired

Michael

I don’t think we’re using cumdog correctly and that’s because we don’t play with a play maker in the hole. We’re literally just smacking long balls hoping he’ll get in behind and do something crazy. That’s not his game, he’s a genuine finisher a genuine poacher. There was one exact moment last night that proves my point, niz won the ball back in an excellent area in the first half did well to look forward, push forward and tried to fire a through ball on the deck for cumdog but the CB easily stepped in because it was so obvious, if we had a 10 there he can be the first option and then cumdog can be slipped in. He’s literally being marked by 2 defenders most of the time because he’s the constant target.

Tevor

Maybe start a countdown clock

Days to when Shaun Evans next officiates at Mariners Stadium : 1
So the whole stadium can chant " you are a cheating tnuc" for 90 mins so it comes through the broadcast loud and clear. Try and talk that one down who ever is commentating. Maybe "you are a cheating dog" because we are a family club and there will be kids present.

Rising Sun

We need Urena on the pitch, we have no link to attack when he's off. Was hoping Muller would step in but he went missing for long stints.
I thought we were the better team after Urena came on - whether it was his movement and willingness to drop deep that was opening up outlets from the back other than a hoof forward, or whether City were just tiring, but we were finding lots of space and constructing some good attacks.

Rising Sun

City's attack is bloody awesome and really worked well with one touches, triangles and one twos to open us up. Credit to our back four for doing as well as they did. They will not come up against better than that this season.
Strongly agree with this, and in part because of this, I thought our back 4 were bloody awesome as well. Yes, they all had moments they would want back but I thought they all put in a high quality shift against a high quality attack.

And what isn't shouted loud enough is that the average age of that back 4 was 21. (19, 21, 22 and 23). And not an import in sight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred