• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

Ancient Mariner

Club has my membership money and always will do I am not hurting them financially.

I am making my own personal stand that I won’t choose to engage with the A-League until there is noticeable and permanent change. To quote Spy v Spy “if power is blocked at the ballot box then I’ll vote it in the open streets”.

The academy will have my support in the meantime. Opposition goal keepers and coaches will also hear me better at these games.
Understand Mick. The problem is in terms of attracting sponsors your attendance is probably more valuable than your membership contributions.
It is a question I ask myself often. I control 5 platinum seats for my extended family and have felt guilty that most of them are empty for many games. Should I invite fans who would otherwise buy tickets or as a I mostly do invite the odd opposition fan or some newby, who in nearly all cases say thanks but no thanks.

I seem to remember that this is probably close to your area of original study and would be keen to hear your further opinions.

marinermick

Understand Mick. The problem is in terms of attracting sponsors your attendance is probably more valuable than your membership contributions.
It is a question I ask myself often. I control 5 platinum seats for my extended family and have felt guilty that most of them are empty for many games. Should I invite fans who would otherwise buy tickets or as a I mostly do invite the odd opposition fan or some newby, who in nearly all cases say thanks but no thanks.

I seem to remember that this is probably close to your area of original study and would be keen to hear your further opinions.

My event management second degree is well behind.

Simple business rule is that you can get more out of an existing customer than secure a new customer.

I am fully aware of the consequences of losing a high value customer. I have contributed more than most to this club since before day one to feel guilty over hopefully a short term boycott.

Rising Sun

Was it just me or did it look like Leckir handled it in that scramble when Glovet got hurt
Coming back to the late free kick again where Glover flapped at it and hurt his finger and it was scrambled away for a corner. At the time they showed a slow motion replay and it looked to me as though Leckie may have handled.

Just watched it again and the replay they showed was inconclusive, so to slow it down more, I played it on the TV and filmed the TV with my phone which has a slo-mo recording capability.

Watching the recording on the phone, both Leckie and Griffiths are going towards the ball with arms raised. Griffiths gets his foot to the ball but hooks it back toward them, and the ball very much appears to strike Leckie on the bicep before going out for the corner. Leckie was too close to the ball to react, but since he was heading towards the ball with arms outstretched at shoulder height, should have been a penalty. (or at least another 10 minutes of watching Evans find reasons not to award one).

My video is not conclusive - quality is not great given the way I captured it and the TV camera angle was not a good one (the one behind the goal would have been pretty conclusive). But with 2 players close to the ball with arms outstretched, I would have thought it was worth a look, although in fairness to KGJ nobody much else seemed to pick it up either - only bikinigirl responded to my original post and none of the mariners players appealed.

I did try to upload the video to this post but it said the file was too large (88MB mp4 file). But if anybody feels they need to top up their outrage levels, DM me your email address and I will send it on.

Ancient Mariner

My event management second degree is well behind.

Simple business rule is that you can get more out of an existing customer than secure a new customer.

I am fully aware of the consequences of losing a high value customer. I have contributed more than most to this club since before day one to feel guilty over hopefully a short term boycott.
keep it short mate.?

Charlie1

Are we allowed banners in the ground or will security take them? The club and us fans need to work together to protest otherwise this will be swept under the carpet again. Time for talk and apologies is over we demand action to be taken. Enough is enough. Let’s go all out extreme chain ourselves to the goal post sit in the middle of the pitch ???ok maybe bit extreme but we need to do something and the club needs to help and support us as we support them .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb