• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

marinermick

No need to wait for me to start a thread.

The general lack of discussion about this game probably indicates our worry towards the result. Any points will be a bonus.

Anyway, at least our owner made his money through perversion and not on the deaths of thousands of dispensable workers. I would hope that anyone who supports this club can join their conscienceless overlords in hell, but hell doesn’t exist, so may their human lives be forever cursed with whatever voodoo was hanging over the heads of the Socceroos when they failed to pay that witch doctor in Mozambique in 1969. A special curse extends to biggest f**kwits in the game in Scott Jamieson and Kurt Ams (probably because he is on the take for the City Group). All this excludes Patrick Kisnorbo and Rostyn Griffiths. Rostyn is a great guy and Patrick is too good a coach and too likeable to hate.

Last edited:

adz

Staff member
I feel like we need one of these chucked in there somewhere

allegedly-supposedly.gif

true believer

here is the rub. last year we had stens and roun. being physically superior or equal
to anyone out there . we have had neither playing and no replacement of this required physicality .
dan and rowles are silky smooth but we have no intimidation .
we will continue to lose ! till this is addressed .

edit

indeed maybe miiler should play centre back and dan at rb

Wombat

You were probably expecting Santa back in December as well.

However without dreams what do we have.

Let's go for a big upset. 0-3
Covid was the only reason he didn't show up Ancient!

I followed England in the Cricket when Andy Caddick was our best bowler, so eternal optimism is my friend.

I might chuck in the draw as well at $2.70 and be pragmatic.

marinermick

Covid was the only reason he didn't show up Ancient!

I followed England in the Cricket when Andy Caddick was our best bowler, so eternal optimism is my friend.

I might chuck in the draw as well at $2.70 and be pragmatic.

You also followed the cricket this year where Mark Wood was your best bowler.

Big Al

Last minute winner to us please.

City usually start stronger than us.

Bergandor must nit be given the space he was last game

Ironbark

On paper and recent experience this is the plastics game to lose.

I believe in this team and these players though and we can win.
We need the points but I'll be happy with a strong showing and build to winning the next few games (fcuk the divers)

Ancient Mariner

You don't have to explain eternal optimism to me. From a very early age I used to sit in the rain on wintery afternoons with my grandfather and father at North Sydney Oval following North Sydney Bears with nothing but optimism and a probably poisonous hot dog to keep me returning.

It is why I have been exceptionally well trained to follow the Mariners.

Ads

This is the game that we might upset in.
City are fast and unpredictable in attack with strong runners.

But they are more structured and predictable in defence with less full on press then Victory do.

If Kisnorbo sticks to the traditional sliding compact defence with less enthusiastic press we might be able to get some early touches on the ball to gain more confidence and sneak an early goal.

And hopefully frustrate them out of the game.

Hopefully Olli has some good recovery legs and I would urge that he saves his energy and holds his postition and structure this game rather than him running through his line to press.

The wide mids and forwards need to communicate more and slide the team left and right to compact one side of the field to defend from the front.
Need to move as one unit!

Maybe they should sit down and watch 300 or Gladiator or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred