• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

FFC Mariner

If someone had offered a high scoring draw before the game most if not all of us would have been ecstatic. That we were robbed of it is the subject of much goo feasting - I also read on Twitter that there are reports that Evans was told (both times) by KGJ's that he was wrong. He ignored that advice.

Us getting done over is very much a small club thing globally. Who will forget Breeze sending Danny off v Sydney when Yorke was running away from goal? The 08 GF, the foul on Pedj in Brisbane in the game that never happened.

In truth, City (slave owning c**ts) have spent their petro dollars to field a far better side than we have. That Monty got his tactics and team selection spot on is a positive. Losing to a better side is no disgrace, its being cheated that hurts.

I dont think Marco and Cumdog can play up front together, Marco is a 10 and needs to play as such.
We learned that Shit Neymar needs to be dumped ASAP.
Beni is the new Kwas? Maddeningly inconsistent with 2 settings, completely shit or mad genius with no middle setting. We have seen plenty of shit, hopefully a run of genius.
Cy playing centrally is a different player - a scrawny DDS type?
Niz in the centre changes everything about us.
When Miller played a bit further forward he caused issues - like Snake 2.
Smith is super quick but very much cover only.

Thought we were very poor defensively on occasions last night. Dan Hall didnt have his greatest game and we looked shaky every time they came forward.

I can kinda sorta live with Evans 1st mistake, thats a home team penalty if ever there was and you get that. The 2nd was plainly wrong. Penalty and 2nd yellow for Leckie. End of, no excuses and he needs to be stood down immediately.

turbo

beni did play well. Best he’s played over a whole match in our jersey. His goal was very very good.
I think he played better after the goal. Average before that and still some dicey moments but if he can take some confidence from it maybe he can be the player we need him to be.

Tevor

I initially thought Evans should be stood down for 4 weeks however on reflection he needs to be sacked and never officiate in the A League again. If a player or manager brought the competition into disrepute to the level he has they would be sacked without question and immediately. Should be no different in this instance. I do not believe there is any valid explanation for either call. A Ref has to apply the laws of the game and if they sack him it will be a clear message to the rest of the officials that you make calls based on the laws of the game only otherwise you are not welcome to officiate in this competition.

turbo

For now in this moment they probably think it’s great bringing publicity and controversy.
They probably think more people will want to watch the “drama”! Haha
I think they realise this isn’t the engagement they want. Controversy sitting on a foundation of negativity around the season does no one any favours. Evans may well be the sacrificial lamb here because there’s so much the APL can’t control like paramount features, covid crowds, etc but maybe they can get him sacked or banned from the league.

Tevor

I think he played better after the goal. Average before that and still some dicey moments but if he can take some confidence from it maybe he can be the player we need him to be.
There are positives for the team as well, I feel we are somewhat easy to mark out of the game as our main weapons are CD and Marco. Now teams will also be weary of Beni. I would also like to see Faz take a shot every now and then also to keep opposing teams guessing. I know Oli is currently winning our golden boot and that is a great contribution to the team however poor CD is being marked out of the game massively. Unfortunately Moresche has not been very threatening up front.

booney

Unfortunately( or perhaps fortunately) missed the game as have to be up at 4 am to go to work but did see the two "penalty "incidents on video replays.I can see that in real time a referee could call the Rowles tackle a penalty but when VAR asked him to review it is obvious the first contact was outside the box and actually was a legit ball winning tackle so difficult to explain him sticking to his decision apart from incompetence or something nefarious.I don't like to call referees dishonest as it makes the game a travesty so lets call it gross incompetence.

The Leckie stamp on Miller's foot is a deadset penalty and again VAR was correct in asking him to review and again he would not award the penalty.Two examples of gross incompetence warrant him being stood down from ALeague games and if not the club needs to officially complain .I don't think the result can be overturned but Evans should be disciplined for his display and if not stood down not be allowed to officiate any games the Mariners are involved in.

Tevor

I think they realise this isn’t the engagement they want. Controversy sitting on a foundation of negativity around the season does no one any favours. Evans may well be the sacrificial lamb here because there’s so much the APL can’t control like paramount features, covid crowds, etc but maybe they can get him sacked or banned from the league.
The comments on social media would be a worry for them, there is getting click bait and then there is toxic content that is damaging to the comp. This is toxic because the majority of people even those with little knowledge of the game can tell they were the wrong decisions and there is absolutely not justification. I've seen City fans saying they don't want to win that way and something has to change. Commentators other than Scum Homer all made damaging comments, the Fox stooges would never have let loose like that.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

And that response (and i'm a big fan of Capt) is the problem. Refs have now become politicians. See what they want to and defend what they need too. Oblivious to reality.

What is the problem exactly? I haven't defended anything if you're saying I was the one who did that....the question was can the foul be awarded at the 2nd contact in the first and the answer is 'well, yes, if the 2nd one is worthy of a foul on its own'.

I've seen a lowlights clip - and this was definitely not one of those. The continued contact is just incidental and not a foul on its own. This is an abysmal decision.

I've only seen one angle of it - but you can see his leg sort of come up a bit after the initial contact as the attacker is going into the PA. Now, if this was a deliberate, 2nd attempt at a trip? Absolutely, take it from that point. I reckon that's what the incompetent idiot reckons he saw - but he ignored the fact that it's simply the leg moving by already being tangled up.

Which is an error he shouldn't be making at this level to start with - even at local level, a ref should be able to tell the difference between a leg coming up from the tangle, and sticking a leg up - but to ignore VAR????

I know Shaun's middle name has always been f**king - Shaun f**king Evans - but he has had one single good season.

However, he's been one of the refs I've considered to not tend to be particularly one-sided, but he'll just screw up a match by being present.

However, last night was, by these 2 decisions alone - and according to all reports throughout the rest of the match - disgustingly one-sided.

I also thought he had the most one-sided match I've ever seen him do in the FFA cup final.

Why does he suddenly have it in for us?

Last edited:

Rising Sun

What is the problem exactly? I haven't defended anything if you're saying I was the one who did that....the question was can the foul be awarded at the 2nd contact in the first and the answer is 'well, yes, if the 2nd one is worthy of a foul on its own'.

I've seen a lowlights clip - and this was definitely not one of those. The continued contact is just incidental and not a foul on its own. This is an abysmal decision.

I've only seen one angle of it - but you can see his leg sort of come up a bit after the initial contact as the attacker is going into the PA. Now, if this was a deliberate, 2nd attempt at a trip? Absolutely, take it from that point. I reckon that's what the incompetent idiot reckons he saw - but he ignored the fact that it's simply the leg moving by already being tangled up.

Which is an error he shouldn't be making at this level to start with - even at local level, a ref should be able to tell the difference between a leg coming up from the tangle, and sticking a leg up - but to ignore VAR????

I know Shaun's middle name has always been f**king - Shaun f**king Evans - but he has had one single good season.

However, he's been one of the refs I've considered to not tend to be particularly one-sided, but he'll just screw up a match by being present.

However, last night was, by these 2 decisions alone - and according to all reports throughout the rest of the match - disgustingly one-sided.

I also thought he had the most one-sided match I've ever seen him do in the FFA cup final.

One key piece of information you may be missing Capn from only seeing the brief highlights is that Evans gave the first penalty. KGJ showed unusual levels of competence last night by calling over to point out both decisions were wrong

Tevor

I reckon this is a case of a referee looking so hard for something they're supposed to get involved in that they forgot to step back and look at what actually happened.

I've only seen one angle of it - but you can see his leg sort of come up a bit after the initial contact as the attacker is going into the PA. Now, if this was a deliberate, 2nd attempt at a trip? Absolutely, take it from that point. I reckon that's what the incompetent idiot reckons he saw - but they've ignored the fact that it's simply the leg moving by already being tangled up.

However, he's been one of the refs I've considered to not tend to be one-sided, but he'll just screw up a match by being present.

When you see other angles Capn you will also see that Tilio was going down after the first contact and was not going to regain his feet. Totally agree that the second contact was just incidental after the sliding tackle outside of the PA. To me it is just as appalling as the second non Pen call.

Monty raised the rugby tackle on Faz in the cup final in his post match interview. Seems he is also wondering who ran over Evans' cat.

Tevor

One key piece of information you may be missing Capn from only seeing the brief highlights is that Evans gave the first penalty. KGJ showed unusual levels of competence last night by calling over to point out both decisions were wrong
I think Mr Tits (love this Wombat) whilst cannot lay straight in bed himself is smart enough to realise in this day and age you just can't make up your own rules. The fact Mr Tits called him over on both calls seems to indicate this was a solo effort by Evans against CCM. Mr Tits has effectively saved his own bacon by doing so.

jacobsfl

I'm a bit conflicted - looking at a lot of the circumstances, I'm not sure if it's just Evans in question or if the issue is much bigger than that.

I mean, can someone explain why we played every FFA Cup game away from home? I think we have enough reasonable evidence to suggest the federation has an agenda surrounding the big teams, as those teams bring international attention to the league and have done for quite some time. They have substantially bigger payrolls and more bench depth than the rest of the league and attract far better talent, without giving the smaller clubs any opportunity to compete with that long-term.

The bottom line is, the Federation did not want us to win the FFA Cup, because not only did that mean us winning the Cup, but it also meant us competing in the AFC CL. If it doesn't bring in more money and attention for the Federation, forget about it. That's why last night, Shaun Evans did everything in his power to ensure Oil FC won because the league needs the big teams winning in order to attract overseas attention.

I just refuse to believe Evans is that incompetent. I'm convinced someone told him to screw the game. Agree with this or not (because I'm just speculating), something has to be done, else the league is going to very quickly lose fanbases. I've seen a lot of people voice that they won't be watching another game, and I'm half inclined to join them.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's actually unprecedented for KGJ to make 2 correct decisions in a match.

And yeah....I can hazard a guess as to what Evans thinks he saw in the first one (even though, as I said, he should have been above such an error) - but while a live error is frustrating, refusing to change it after VAR clearly shows he's wrong makes it appear suspicious - it's no longer a 'heat of the moment' screwup.

And I'll be honest, when I've refereed, I've had games when I've made a number of errors - and in some of those games, all of the errors happened to go one way. Happens to all of us.

This is one problem with VAR - when the system/process isn't fixing problems (I still believe it tends to cause new ones), we start to wonder if anything else is at play, because the normal 'ref is just having a bad day at the office' approach starts to not make sense.

Ads

After the Adelaide game last year I remember distinctly that for the following 3 to 5 games we had a lot of decisions go our way!

50/50’s even simple corner decisions that should have gone to the opposition got given to us. I remember thinking about time we got some calls however it was just conscious re-correction.

What will we see in the next 3 games???!!!

Can we capatalise on the rub of the green that we will get in upcoming matches???!!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
busloads of CCM fans (and any other teams fans (Firechickens) who have been rorted by whistle cuddling f**ktards, need to land on the steps of the FFA or the APL or where f**king ever , wave banners , chant accurate statements , then maybe the "other" press will pick up on the stink that has enveloped our games and something might get done .

SFL

After the Adelaide game last year I remember distinctly that for the following 3 to 5 games we had a lot of decisions go our way!

50/50’s even simple corner decisions that should have gone to the opposition got given to us. I remember thinking about time we got some calls however it was just conscious re-correction.

What will we see in the next 3 games???!!!

Can we capatalise on the rub of the green that we will get in upcoming matches???!!!

I also remember Adelaide continued winning dubious fouls against other teams the weeks after the Fielding fiasco at Hindmarsh.

Fielding went on to referee a handful of matches in the A-League with no renewal of panel position for this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred