• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

capauau

See this is the rub - there was no second contact at all. That was just that moron commentator trying to rationalise what happened.
Rowles made first contact outside of the box and it continued into the box in one flowing motion. It's cut and dried.
Agreed. Rowles did not move his leg a second time to initiate contact. Tilio dragged his leg and so made sure he fell over in the box.

Tevor

The silence has been deafening, haven't seen or heard any comments about last night. You would think they would at least say it was being investigated. Has anyone seen anything? I'm not expecting them to action it straight away but at least acknowledge it.

FFC Mariner

The Sydney CEO who also is the CEO of the League (nice bit of conflict), went off air last night and has been silent since.
Club has said nothing and they usually roll over on this stuff

true believer

The 2x A-League Facebook posts from last night have 360 and 480 comments respectively.

A normal game this year between any team usually has 10 to 20 comments on the A-League page.

For now in this moment they probably think it’s great bringing publicity and controversy.
They probably think more people will want to watch the “drama”! Haha
somehow i think their losing alot of skin . it's a real shame we didn't walk off the pitch

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

See this is the rub - there was no second contact at all. That was just that moron commentator trying to rationalise what happened.
Rowles made first contact outside of the box and it continued into the box in one flowing motion. It's cut and dried.
Agree completely.

When you have continued holding into the box, it's a penalty - because each instant of holding is an ongoing foul.

Here, we had one foul, and incidental contact afterwards because they were tangled up.

Getting this one wrong live is one thing - reviewing it then sticking by your original wrong decision, is bullshit.

And if we were Nix, we'd have a f**king apology by now. No idea why they seem to love apologising to Nix so much.

Though tbf, if we were a capital city team, it never would have happened.

turbo

The Sydney CEO who also is the CEO of the League (nice bit of conflict), went off air last night and has been silent since
He's leaving or has already left Sydney. And he has acknowledged the feedback and clearly said he's seeking out the relevant information before making further comments. The refs and FA arent working overnight to speed this up, nor should they. Get the info today and then make an informed statement. That's how management needs to work.

Tevor

I hope that position Shaun is talking about is we what action and retribution as a simple apology is not enough. The APL is now run by the Clubs, or so they say. Therefore by right we should have more say and power than we ever had with the FFA. Lets see if this APL set up is the real deal or will it be just as shonky as the FFA. I'm sure CFG have some power in the APL so is the APL too conflicted to deal with these issues effectively against itself.

Tevor

He's leaving or has already left Sydney. And he has acknowledged the feedback and clearly said he's seeking out the relevant information before making further comments. The refs and FA arent working overnight to speed this up, nor should they. Get the info today and then make an informed statement. That's how management needs to work.
A tweet isn't good enough, how about a statement saying it is being investigated and this will take time. That is what management do, silence is a very bad look and I'm sure these APL goons are smart enough to know that. If not why are they in those roles.

turbo

A tweet isn't good enough, how about a statement saying it is being investigated and this will take time. That is what management do, silence is a very bad look and I'm sure these APL goons are smart enough to know that. If not why are they in those roles.
A tweet is perfectly fine for 10pm at night. It's a public profile and gives a direct link to fans and journos who want that instant comment. Let them do their job and get a statement out, I would hope we see something more official today but we have to remember it's only been 3-4 working hours since the incident. What they find out will determine if its a place holder investigation statement or something more substantial.

FFC Mariner

What management do is construct the best PR spin they can and put out a statement and "job done" No action will actually get taken.
They just need time to let CCM have a whinge and agree to toe the line.

SFL

What management do is construct the best PR spin they can and put out a statement and "job done" No action will actually get taken.

All it takes is a few days of no comment with a few more games played and this storm will be weathered. I don't expect any consolation or statement.

Tevor

You are right, just look at the game in Adelaide last year. But what was worst with that one was they came out and said all the decisions were correct. Perhaps those that bet on last nights the game should start a class action against the APL. I didn't but would be filthy if also lost money based on those decisions.

true believer

exactly ! we should be relentlessly bombarding him and the ffa on social media .
and we need something ugly and very visible for our next home game

or we walk away and forget and the club is bleed to death.

let the f'ker know

turbo

You are right, just look at the game in Adelaide last year. But what was worst with that one was they came out and said all the decisions were correct.
The mood and scrutiny around the league has shifted a lot this season, I'm not sure the league can shrug off the decisions and other VAR issues like they have done previously. The fan's patience is running out and they're getting vocal at FA/Paramount/APL.

Tevor

Not that direct, something like 'INCOMPETENCE OR CORRUPTION?' gets the message across just fine without putting a name to it explicitly
They don't seem particularly smart so I don't want them to think we are referring to someone else. If Ben "Scum" Homer calls the game he might not be able to pronounce those long words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred