• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

Tevor

Go the P+ panel for stating the truth and obvious very poor decisions and what every fan is thinking after watching I don’t even know what to call it as it wasn’t a game of football.

I’m now very interested to see what the APL do, this is a real test. Commentators sledge the officials and the game. Social media has every calling this blatant cheating.

I want to see an apology with full confession that both decisions were wrong. Leckie tackle reviewed and he receives his second YC and serves a one match suspension and all officials at that game stood down for a month. All cards to CCM manager and JVS revoked as well as Marco for apparently questioning Evans. Any less and they have lost me to the game.

Forum Phoenix

Look, aside from everything that’s happened in this match.
Monty tweaked his tactics and aside from the match fixing and a couple errors directly leading to goals, it was decently effective
He had moresche drop deeper as a genuine 10 had wingers drifting and rotating and when cy came on we had 3 in the middle. Positives. Small positives.

100 percent. There was some real improvement imho. But no doubt NIz was at the heart of it. Goal scoring aside, he's a better player than Olly and he was the key. Please god keep him there Monty.

And LUKE, I'm on the Beni train brother. Screw you haters. Loved his post match interview. Lovely young guy, deeply committed to the team and he had a stellar game for us tonight.

Wombat

I've put a lot of time into this league, if it's not a fair playing field it's wasted time. Most of my mates are into NRL, why am i wasting my time on A- League if it's fixed. That Miller penalty... compare that to the fkin dives against us by adelaide. It's cheating. Why would i bother to follow a game that's got such blatant corruption and cheating?
You dont follow the NRL coz you have a brain Dobbie. I used to follow the Bears before the dogs running the game raped me and left me cold. Football and Boxing (later Muay Thai) were always my favourites and i dont think I've been to an NRL game since the destruction of North Sydney.
If you wanna be a meat head that stands up 3 or 4 times a game to yell....carn the Tigers...go ahead.
Better still, go and follow the most pointless game ever....AFL.
I feel you will be back Dobbie coz ...1. You are not stupid. 2. You are not a sheep. 3. You are a fair dinkum Coastie. 4. NRL and AFL are Souless.

bikinigirl

I feel for you mate and agree wholeheartedly. With Evans it’s horrible either way you look at it which is he is a blatant CHEAT or the alternative is he is completely incompetent . I actually think he is both and if the shirt colours were swapped that last foul on Miller would be penalty and red card against us and the first Penalty would magically be a free kick. Sickening ...

. i'm glad i'm not the only one not arguing about corrupt or cheat ... clearly both

. so if he ruled that Leckie has not committed a foul then surely it is a card to Miller for simulation ... even when he is getting it so f**king wrong he can't get it right

Forum Phoenix

fouls are given where first contact was made (otherwise free kicks would happen out of playing boundary constantly), which was 2 foot outside the box, no pen.

it’s impossible to say miller’s one wasn’t clear and obvious illegal contact (not saying that’s your opinion)
That’s why this genuinely looks like literally top 3 most corrupt moments in aleague history. The bloke looked at miller’s replay 25 times and had the f**king ego to say nah not tonight c**ts. Any person witnessing that tonight knew it was a penalty, even leckie.
1000 percent.

Forum Phoenix

Whether the decisions were corrupt or incompetent, the whole process was a shambles again. The A-League will never be taken seriously and fans will vote with their feet.
I fear for the future of this Club if this sort of garbage continues.
It will take a some seriously dedicated fans to keep coughing up their cash for season tickets if we continue to be on the rough end of the pineapple.
As well if I were an owner I would be wondering if there were not 1,000 better ways to waste my money than running a Club that is consistently on the receiving end of shit decisions by the governing body, blatantly favouring the big clubs.
You can rip fans off enough times for them to say enough is enough. But that is probably been the aim of the governing body since the get go.
So sad that this is so true.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What is this bullshit about a second contact? Is that even a thing? Are there multiple fouls now? ....i let the first 2 fouls go.....but the 3rd and 4th fouls i noticed...BAHAHAHA
To be pedantic, if you're fouled just outside the box then fouled inside before the ref blew the whistle for the first one, it's a penalty. Basically, advantage.

Does not mean the 2nd contact is always a foul.

bikinigirl

That's what I wanted them to do. Or just sit down and refuse to play.

. me too (no, not that me too*)

. as soon as he headed to the screen i knew he wouldn't change his mind and i was saying they should walk off. by the time he came back on the pitch i was hoping Monty would at least offer it the boys to decide

. i could imagine a fine being imposed for bringing the game into disrepute - the obvious defense being that we were actually preventing them for worsening the disrepute they had already wrought

* actually, yes ... that me too. as a Mariners fan i keep getting f**ked by these officials with 'power' and my voice is not being heard

LFCMariners

I feel as if my support for the A-League is hanging by a thread.

If not invited to a game by colleagues or because mates are going, I feel no purpose in taking an interest beyond score updates.

I invited my sister and my brother in law along to that infamous shit-show against WSW in 2017 with the mass walkout. I wouldn't bother asking them to come to a match again.

I went to the NYE game in 2018, invited by some family friends. We left at H/T and the people in my group remarked they wouldn't bother in future.

Maybe I missed too many signs already?

As much as we'd like the good old days to return- when the A-League averaged higher crowds than the NRL and there was a real optimism about the game- those days were a decade ago now. What we're left with is a shambles where half the fans aren't even aware when game day is and crowds are dwindling.

CCM (as long as they exist) will be my team. But only an idiot is going to continue devoting money, time and energy towards following a league that is so evidently tilted against them and hope they get lucky somehow.

Let them continue to focus on WSW, SFC, Turds and City at the expense of the rest of the league and then turn around in utter bewilderment as the league becomes the NSL 2.0.

Last edited:

Corsair

You dont follow the NRL coz you have a brain Dobbie. I used to follow the Bears before the dogs running the game raped me and left me cold. Football and Boxing (later Muay Thai) were always my favourites and i dont think I've been to an NRL game since the destruction of North Sydney.
If you wanna be a meat head that stands up 3 or 4 times a game to yell....carn the Tigers...go ahead.
Better still, go and follow the most pointless game ever....AFL.
I feel you will be back Dobbie coz ...1. You are not stupid. 2. You are not a sheep. 3. You are a fair dinkum Coastie. 4. NRL and AFL are Souless.
Honestly mate I'm going through a really difficult busy work time at the moment, i have very little time to myself and getting cheated like this really hurts. I've only got a few hours a week free for relaxation and I'm spending it on watching the team. Getting f**ked like this when you're tight for free time really makes you question where you're spending it. I love the club and the team, no point though if it's not fair. This is nothing to do with the club, it's the organization running the league and the officials. There no way that was not cheating from someone. Best case it's the ref on his own, worst case is match fixing or league win fixing. Any of those scenarios makes it a waste of time to watch. I'm so upset, maybe I'll feel better tomorrow but right now...i don't know. I've given up on shit before when I've found out there was cheating, it makes it pointless.

pjennings

To be pedantic, if you're fouled just outside the box then fouled inside before the ref blew the whistle for the first one, it's a penalty. Basically, advantage.

Does not mean the 2nd contact is always a foul.
What if Rowles got the ball and Tilio was late (this is in fact what happened). The first contact was actually a foul by Tilio on Rowles and he was falling from that. Does that affect the decision. (I'm still not convinced the second one occurred in the box either). What should the decision be then.

bikinigirl

. Jess has taken one for the team

. can his red be revoked when he is found to be in the right on review? ... assuming that it was issued for calling Evans a [chose your own or several expletives] cheat

... "of course you were correct Mr Van Stratten and please accept our sincere apologies, of course Mr Evans was blatantly cheating. may we also take this opportunity to congratulate you on your dignified and polite restraint - we look forward to seeing you pitch side for the next match"

Ironbark

I keep thinking over those decisions and I really can't see how it's not corruption. These were clear decisions that drew absolute and unanimous agreement as to which way they should have been called.
Evans worked as hard as he could to find a way to justify the opposite.

At a minimum as a crowd we need to be yelling CHEATER at Evans all game if he's ever at Gosford.

This can't be let go. Noise must be made. We need to pepper the powers that be with demands and questions. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm going large. If it's let go it'll just happen again.

LFCMariners

Honestly mate I'm going through a really difficult busy work time at the moment, i have very little time to myself and getting cheated like this really hurts. I've only got a few hours a week free for relaxation and I'm spending it on watching the team. Getting f**ked like this when you're tight for free time really makes you question where you're spending it. I love the club and the team, no point though if it's not fair. This is nothing to do with the club, it's the organization running the league and the officials. There no way that was not cheating from someone. Best case it's the ref on his own, worst case is match fixing or league win fixing. Any of those scenarios makes it a waste of time to watch. I'm so upset, maybe I'll feel better tomorrow but right now...i don't know. I've given up on shit before when I've found out there was cheating, it makes it pointless.
I totally relate to this.

As a longtime follower of the NRL however, I am well used to Melbourne teams getting dodgy decisions in their favour

f**k off Melbourne.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred