• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

turbo

Our game against Glory this weekend looks like it got bumped to Tuesday to fit in a game against Sydney first. Both games in Perth so they play 12/3 and 15/3

Man Overboard

- 5pm game on a Wednesday
- Game in Mudgee

They really don’t want people attending games.
What is it with Mudgee? Is the club trying to develop a fan base there? If it is how is this any different to having 'home' games at North Sydney? [apart from the fact that its easier to get to North Sydney, and there are more peeps there to recruit]

Kilsin

I love Mudgee as an area, worked out there for a couple of years but to lose a home game to Mudgee really sucks.

I'd also like to know why we do it? Do we have a sponsor connection with Mudgee?

If it's as simple as expanding our fanbase and gathering more CCMFC supporters surely someone would have some metrics on whether it's working or not?

I'd recommend Mudgee to anyone for a weekend away, holiday or even a day trip, the food, wine and people are top notch but please let me attend a CCMFC home game at CC stadium 10 mins down the road!

Man Overboard

I love Mudgee as an area, worked out there for a couple of years but to lose a home game to Mudgee really sucks.

I'd also like to know why we do it? Do we have a sponsor connection with Mudgee?

If it's as simple as expanding our fanbase and gathering more CCMFC supporters surely someone would have some metrics on whether it's working or not?

I'd recommend Mudgee to anyone for a weekend away, holiday or even a day trip, the food, wine and people are top notch but please let me attend a CCMFC home game at CC stadium 10 mins down the road!
I thought it was just me missing something. Maybe this is one for Shaun

Kilsin

As far as I’m aware first the fa cup game was a Blacktown city home game. As for this game I don’t think it was ever allocated as a home game. I could be wrong
It appears that you're right mate, Perth is home which makes me scratch my head even more!

They've only just been allowed back into their own state to play home games, I am genuinely curious at the significance of playing a match at Mudgee now.

Maybe this is the A-leagues way of building an audience...

WebZ

The council and community are trying to build a relationship with the club as many players from the central west find there way through and some have made it to a-league. Archie Thompson (Bathurst) Elle carpenter (Cowra) Nathan Burns (Blayney) etc. Mudgee also has the best stadium out here and is also one of the top 10 visited towns in NSW on any given weekend. It has a big sporting culture and the mariners are a community club, this town and others are the heartbeat of Australian communities. It's called the A-league ( Australian league), therefore at times like this game and maybe 1 or 2 a season it needs to go to the masses (The rest of Australia)

Last edited:

pjennings

The council and community are trying to build a relationship with the club as many players from the central west find there way through and some have made it to a-league. Archie Thompson (Bathurst) Elle carpenter (Cowra) Nathan Burns (Blayney) etc. Mudgee also has the best stadium out here and is also one of the top 10 visited towns in NSW on any given weekend. It has a big sporting culture and the mariners are a community club, this town and others are the heartbeat of Australian communities. It's called the A-league ( Australian league), therefore at times like this game and maybe 1 or 2 a season it needs to go to the masses (The rest of Australia)
I think the Central West / Orana were looking at a bid for the A-League during the last expansion phase.

Ozhammer

I get the disappointment about ‘losing’ a home game but the venue for this game was always stated as TBC, so the goalposts haven’t moved.

Plus Regional Rounds have been part of the A League pretty much since it started, so this is nothing new tbh.

We will be attending this one and intend to make a weekend of it but totally understand that some can’t afford the time or cost of heading out to Mudgee.

bikinigirl

I get the disappointment about ‘losing’ a home game but the venue for this game was always stated as TBC, so the goalposts haven’t moved.

Plus Regional Rounds have been part of the A League pretty much since it started, so this is nothing new tbh.

We will be attending this one and intend to make a weekend of it but totally understand that some can’t afford the time or cost of heading out to Mudgee.

. but it wasn't marked as TBC when many would have paid for their memberships

Kilsin

Yeah, I got it mixed up mate, glad it's not a home game and wish I could attend. I haven't been out to Mudgee in years and love it. Plus, any chance to see the boys in action!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred