• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Forum Phoenix

For any of his failings going forward in his earlier seasons with us he always put in the defensive work and often picked up the ball in deep positions and carried it forward. Neither Beni, Cy or Muller are doing that at the same level. Nizzy would when on the wing but he is needed more centrally. I think our wide mids are letting us down although Nkololo is improving at the moment. Not sure how we fix that though, do we need to look at a formation change?
I feel like our midfield is often spread quite wide at the moment but doesnt stretch our opponents at the same time.
I actually meant to point that out too! Good engine and he was actually a very decent defender. Hence the time Paolo put him at DM for the biggest f**king laugh of his plan B tenure,

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Re formations question...

4321, would be my preference - like the pod boys - over a 4231 or 442 Narrow. diamond.

With an extra man in midfield there’s no doubt given our central defensive pairing we’d be very hard to break down. And as to our attack… I think we’re a player short on quality. And that Niz (absent end product ) and Olly are two of our best attacking players, so it wouldn’t hurt us in attack as badly as we might fear - and overall we’d gain much more than we’d lose by dropping a sub par winger.

Birra

Miller — Hall — Rowles — Faz

Niz —- Olly —— Beni/ Smith

Marcos — Mueller

Cum Dog

The extra man sures up faz and means either side can now bomb on with confidence. Beni can make his mazy overlapping runs or smith in particular has pace and can balance up our attacking width with Miller on the other side at last (Hatch can ably sub in late into a set up like this) and Miller niz is a very strong right side.

Ballard and Steele can sub in when Olly or niz are just too buggered - but the extra man in mids means two of our best will no longer be run as ragged. And we can sub the youngsters in to gain in experience in games we’re in control of and develop them further.

We have our three smartest forwards in attack with Mueller and Marco being able to play central which they clearly seem to prefer and feed cum dog, the most dangerous finisher in our squad.

Moresche, Guarang and McCarthy as the attacking subs to cause problems.

I personally think that’s a harder side to score on and with Mueller and Marcos focused on feeding the dog… he should get much better service.

Otherwise ATM I’m not sure A) the understanding with our strikers will form in time to save our season. And B) our midfield being run over the top of needs to end if we’re going to lower the chances of our mostly excellent backs getting too mentally and physically fatigued and letting in sloppy late goals.

Just my two cents.

Edit* oh and we’ve been figured out. Time to beat the press by simply having the numbers to do so instead of being forced to knock it long or miss hit passes and turn over possession.

Last edited:

Kilsin

Re formations question...

4321, would be my preference - like the pod boys - over a 4231 or 442 Narrow. diamond.

With an extra man in midfield there’s no doubt given our central defensive pairing we’d be very hard to break down. And as to our attack… I think we’re a player short on quality. And that Niz (absent end product ) and Olly are two of our best attacking players, so it wouldn’t hurt us in attack as badly as we might fear - and overall we’d gain much more than we’d lose by dropping a sub par winger.

Birra

Miller — Hall — Rowles — Faz

Niz —- Olly —— Beni/ Smith

Marcos — Mueller

Cum Dog

The extra man sures up faz and means either side can now bomb on with confidence. Beni can make his mazy overlapping runs or smith in particular has pace and can balance up our attacking width with Miller on the other side at last (Hatch can ably sub in late into a set up like this) and Miller niz is a very strong right side.

Ballard and Steele can sub in when Olly or niz are just too buggered - but the extra man in mids means two of our best will no longer be run as ragged. And we can sub the youngsters in to gain in experience in games we’re in control of and develop them further.

We have our three smartest forwards in attack with Mueller and Marco being able to play central which they clearly seem to prefer and feed cum dog, the most dangerous finisher in our squad.

Moresche, Guarang and McCarthy as the attacking subs to cause problems.

I personally think that’s a harder side to score on and with Mueller and Marcos focused on feeding the dog… he should get much better service.

Otherwise ATM I’m not sure A) the understanding with our strikers will form in time to save our season. And B) our midfield being run over the top of needs to end if we’re going to lower the chances of our mostly excellent backs getting too mentally and physically fatigued and letting in sloppy late goals.

Just my two cents.

Edit* oh and we’ve been figured out. Time to beat the press by simply having the numbers to do so instead of being forced to knock it long or miss hit passes and turn over possession.
Well said. I'm liking that 4321 more and more and that is the 11 I would pick for it too, let's hope Monty reads these forums! :D

turbo

Apparently we played a friendly vs Wanderers and lost 4-3 with most of the subs and reserves getting good minutes
Kind of surprised we would add to our workload unless there's some doubt over the brisbane game on the weekend. Understand why WSW would want it having skipped the weekend. Still maybe good to get minutes into the non starters legs and try some changes.

Ironbark

A-League Men mid-season report cards: 12th to seventh​

Central Coast Mariners: B-

While a few eyebrows might be raised by such a high rating for a team sitting second from bottom, Nick Montgomery has done a ripper job with his squad thus far and frankly, had no luck along the way.

COVID rescheduling has seen Central Coast suffer a frightfully busy succession of matches, refereeing decisions have hurt them on numerous occasions and points have been dropped late in matches, with players seeming physically and mentally fatigued after the increased fixture load.

Mariners players protest referee Shaun Evans' decision

(Photo by Daniel Pockett/Getty Images)

After nine rounds of play, the Mariners sat fourth on the ladder, once again defying many pundits who feared for their 2021-22 season. The chaos of the last few weeks has seen them now slump to 11th and seven points adrift of the top six.

Hopefully, the men in yellow rediscover the magic and have some much needed and rare luck in the immediate future, they deserve it.

Charlie1

Hi guys just a question I’m not a member as I couldn’t afford it ( Covid) but I go to a lot of games easier to pay weekly. Taking my boys to the Mudgee game was wondering if anyone would share there members code so I could get a free ticket. I know it’s rude but thought I’d put it out there cheers in advance.

Wombat

Hi guys just a question I’m not a member as I couldn’t afford it ( Covid) but I go to a lot of games easier to pay weekly. Taking my boys to the Mudgee game was wondering if anyone would share there members code so I could get a free ticket. I know it’s rude but thought I’d put it out there cheers in advance.
I will PM you tonight Charlie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred