• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

FFC Mariner

Quick turn around from a gruelling trip. He will need fresh legs for our "home" game at the weekend.
Having worked WA from NSW that 3 hours can really stuff you up for 24 hours or so coming back.

Wombat

. they were meant to stop using the term 'fully vaccinated' and refer to 'up-to-date' instead

. 'up-to-date' currently means three jabs ... and may mean more soon enough
Itsn't there are "new" variant that the current jabs doesn't work against?? Or is that my Mrs winding me up?

bikinigirl

Itsn't there are "new" variant that the current jabs doesn't work against?? Or is that my Mrs winding me up?

. i'll probably get told off for talking vaccines again, but since you asked

. my understanding is that none are 100% effective against any variant however they do offer some level of protection regardless of the variant:
  • if you have some protection you are less likely to catch it
  • if you have some protection you are less likely to spread it
  • if less people are catching it and spreading it then it is less likely that more variants will be created and spread so everybody is better protected
  • these messages have not changed throughout the pandemic
. the issue is people think they are protected from any and all variants because:
  • they trust their immune system
  • they have been jabbed 1, 2 or 3 times
  • they have already contracted covid
. the longer it has been since your jab the less effective it becomes and the more likely you are to fall victim to a new variant - this message hasn't changed either despite what people believe

. your missus may be winding you up but she is not exactly wrong either ... and if that encourages people to remember some of the lessons we have learnt over the last couple of years its not a bad thing (neither is winding you up)

Man Overboard

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. How quickly people forget.
Remember the images of mass graves in NY and the hired trucks overflowing with covid corpes outside mortuaries? That was only two years ago. At that time there were cries for more to be done to develop vaccines. I am grateful for them.
Thankfully most of us have no memory of the tragic effects of once common diseases that have been successfully managed by modern medicine; diptheria, scarlet fever, bubonic plague, polio, typhus, smallpox etc. As a result the current population consider being disease-free the norm, when it really is an aberration. Not long ago a scratch could develop into tetanus and lead to an horrific death. Its this lack of understanding that enables the ignorance to spread.
We ALL want freedom, but very few of us behave like 3 year olds and have tantrums when we aren't immediately gratified. [Think 'Freedom Protests' here]. Being a part of society requires us to do things we prefer not to, like pay taxes.
Those who refuse vaccinations are either ignorant, or happy to allow others to take what they see as risks to limit the prevalence of the virus. I have more sympathy for the ignorant as it isn't necessarily their fault.
Selfish people who have wilfully ignored the science, the mask wearing and quarantine rules have been responsible for the loss of incomes, businesses and lives through lockdowns, and I have no sympathy for them. Its unlikely to happen but I like the idea that refuseniks put their money and their health where their mouths are and prepare living wills stating that if infected they refuse medical treatment in the public hospital system. Instead they can try this

Insertnamehere

Anecdotally, the people I know who've been jabbed thought nothing of covid. The people I know who are unjabbed wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy.

This is across a spectrum of health status and age groups.

marinermick

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. How quickly people forget.
Remember the images of mass graves in NY and the hired trucks overflowing with covid corpes outside mortuaries? That was only two years ago. At that time there were cries for more to be done to develop vaccines. I am grateful for them.
Thankfully most of us have no memory of the tragic effects of once common diseases that have been successfully managed by modern medicine; diptheria, scarlet fever, bubonic plague, polio, typhus, smallpox etc. As a result the current population consider being disease-free the norm, when it really is an aberration. Not long ago a scratch could develop into tetanus and lead to an horrific death. Its this lack of understanding that enables the ignorance to spread.
We ALL want freedom, but very few of us behave like 3 year olds and have tantrums when we aren't immediately gratified. [Think 'Freedom Protests' here]. Being a part of society requires us to do things we prefer not to, like pay taxes.
Those who refuse vaccinations are either ignorant, or happy to allow others to take what they see as risks to limit the prevalence of the virus. I have more sympathy for the ignorant as it isn't necessarily their fault.
Selfish people who have wilfully ignored the science, the mask wearing and quarantine rules have been responsible for the loss of incomes, businesses and lives through lockdowns, and I have no sympathy for them. Its unlikely to happen but I like the idea that refuseniks put their money and their health where their mouths are and prepare living wills stating that if infected they refuse medical treatment in the public hospital system. Instead they can try this

Love this post so much. I work in immunology, know a fair bit on the subject, but what I know only scratches the surface. I do work with however, incredibly gifted doctors and scientists, from various institutions (public and private) who all reassure me on the efficacy and safety of vaccines. Therefore when some average Joe or Jill on the street, who struggled in high school science, try and tell me that vaccines are non beneficial and largely harmful, I can only roll my eyes and despair at Dunning-Kruger in full flight.

Insertnamehere

Love this post so much. I work in immunology, know a fair bit on the subject, but what I know only scratches the surface. I do work with however, incredibly gifted doctors and scientists, from various institutions (public and private) who all reassure me on the efficacy and safety of vaccines. Therefore when some average Joe or Jill on the street, who struggled in high school science, try and tell me that vaccines are non beneficial and largely harmful, I can only roll my eyes and despair at Dunning-Kruger in full flight.
Vaccination is possibly one of the most important medical inventions.

Omni

Living in America this whole thing has been especially horrific. Especially when the Governor belittles children for wearing a mask. I’m delighted to see my family (and my Mariners family) again for the first time in three years next week but f**k it’s been a rough three years.

Ironbark

LG__

Anyone else find it absolutely embarrassing that Birraz hasn’t got a Roos call up at any stage since he’s been with us, the guy is absolutely miles ahead of Redmayne and Glover who have been selected over the last two and a half years...

turbo

Anyone else find it absolutely embarrassing that Birraz hasn’t got a Roos call up at any stage since he’s been with us, the guy is absolutely miles ahead of Redmayne and Glover who have been selected over the last two and a half years...
Redmayne wont get anywhere near the pitch but yeah he hasnt been the best keeper in the league for at least a few years. Arnie does love his favourites though its been better for us as a club tbh. Glover afaik was only called up for Olyroos & Olympics being U23s. Might get that senior cap one day but not anytime soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred