• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

marinermick

While I know we hate them and everything, I feel sorry for the ACL teams in this mix up. The players and support staff wont finish in Qatar until 5th December, meaning they wont arrive back here until the 6th (on presumption no one makes it past the 1st round), when they have to enter mandatory quarantine. To use FC as an example, that 5 weeks away from family, heading into a 6 day preseason before their round 1 match on the 30th. That also starts 7 games in 30 days without any training for 2 weeks while in hotel quarantine. There will be a lot of injuries id say.

Should some miracle happen and they make it to qtr final stage, they will come out of hotel quarantine the day before their first A league match.

Thats a rough end of the draw. Perth somehow get an extra 2 weeks off before their first game on the 16th.

i was thinking about this last night and I think these three teams will have an advantage. Playing a proper tournament and then going into a two week camp and still having the time to squeeze in a couple of trial games before the season starts for fine tuning. Seems like the perfect preparation to me.

true believer

Draw has just been sent out to members. Round 1 NYE is the derby. Not really a fan of that tbh. 4 Monday night games during the season too...
conveniently we get the campbelltown meths first home game .
expect to get royally pounded as milligan does his best muskrat impersonation .
while whatever stooge ref we get will launch a cardathon against us for j walking .

Last edited:

Coastalraider

i was thinking about this last night and I think these three teams will have an advantage. Playing a proper tournament and then going into a two week camp and still having the time to squeeze in a couple of trial games before the season starts for fine tuning. Seems like the perfect preparation to me.
2 weeks without training is a HUUUUGE obstacle. I know for a fact that FC dont allow 2 continuous days off during the preseason as 48 hours without scheduled sessions drops too much conditioning.

marinermick

2 weeks without training is a HUUUUGE obstacle. I know for a fact that FC dont allow 2 continuous days off during the preseason as 48 hours without scheduled sessions drops too much conditioning.

They will be training. Just in camp and then n isolation. Just like every other sporting team that has done it.

Tevor

conveniently we get the campbelltown meths first home game .
expect to get royally pounded as milligan does his best muskrat impersonation .
while whatever stooge ref we get will launch a cardathon against us for j walking .
Good pick up and I hate how what you said is so true and definitely going to happen.

Pirate Pete

Wilkinson was on the radio. Tuesday, I think saying pretty much what you're saying.
He said players were happier to play those games than train and it wouldn't be a problem.

priorpeter

Got the job done over the Wanderers today behind closed doors. Went up 2-0 in the first half with goals to Nahuel Bonada (striker on trial from SANPL) and a header from Stens. WSW pulled it back to level pegging in the second half, went to extra time to get some extra minutes in the legs and Harry McCarthyyyyyyyyyyy scored late from outside the box to give us the win.

Forum Phoenix

Got the job done over the Wanderers today behind closed doors. Went up 2-0 in the first half with goals to Nahuel Bonada (striker on trial from SANPL) and a header from Stens. WSW pulled it back to level pegging in the second half, went to extra time to get some extra minutes in the legs and Harry McCarthyyyyyyyyyyy scored late from outside the box to give us the win.

Pre-season is just pre-season but still, win's over wanderers and scum isn't too bad a start and must be good for confidence in the group.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Pre-season is just pre-season but still, win's over wanderers and scum isn't too bad a start and must be good for confidence in the group.
this. Preseason doesn't mean anything at all - but even then, you'd still rather be scoring and winning than not.
And confidence is a massive problem for us (understandably), so if we can go into the season feeling good, that will absolutely help compensate for having a weak team on paper.
And if we can get a couple of wins in the first few rounds, then we're well on our way to at least avoiding the spoon.

finally retired

this. Preseason doesn't mean anything at all - but even then, you'd still rather be scoring and winning than not.
And confidence is a massive problem for us (understandably), so if we can go into the season feeling good, that will absolutely help compensate for having a weak team on paper.
And if we can get a couple of wins in the first few rounds, then we're well on our way to at least avoiding the spoon.
I dare to dream !!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami