• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

pinklady

I don't think Shaun is the person that these enquiries should be directed to, even though he is extremely co-operative and helpful answering questions on this forum. But my understanding is that questions regarding football matters and the make up of the squad come under the umbrella of the Director of Football Ken Schembri whilst Shaun's new role, although still the CEO, is only related to commercial matters.

Tevor

If it is, then the spoon is ours,as I don`t think we`re anywhere near as strong as we were last season & we all know how that ended...:popcorn:
Totally agree. Why the delays? Membership is open and the start is less than two months away so important to have any new players training with the squad. It is a worrying development.

Ancient Mariner

It is a worry, however.
Sydney is still looking for a striker.
Max Burgess is still looking for a club.
There has been no news on Ziggy or Matty.

There are a lot of players and clubs on their hands at the moment waiting to see what the near future brings with the A-League in terms of sponsorships, tv deals, Covid and attendance limits and wondering if there will be a distribution of money.
If the January transfer window still exists, it will only be a week into the season and I am sure there are many players gambling that things may be more certain and that they can drive a harder bargain. Likewise, I imagine many clubs are reluctant to commit until they are a little more certain about funding. With Ziggy or Matty I would guess that the Club has said they will offer contracts when they know what they can afford or the they have offered contracts and the 2 are holding off signing.

Uncertain times, but I would not slash my wrists just yet.

style_cafe

I like Max Burgess as a player,he reminds me a lot of Stan Bowles (ex QPR striker)
If we could get him I think he could possibly be our 12 goal striker...:popcorn:

Tim

Daily T today re Adelaide who apparently tried to sign Birras - note comment re trial game against CCM:

"Next month, Veart will take his squad to NSW for a week-long camp that will include trials against fellow A-League clubs Western Sydney Wanderers, Macarthur FC and Central Coast."

Question is will we get the chance to watch any trials this year? Anyone have any idea?

Shaun Mielekamp

I don't think Shaun is the person that these enquiries should be directed to, even though he is extremely co-operative and helpful answering questions on this forum. But my understanding is that questions regarding football matters and the make up of the squad come under the umbrella of the Director of Football Ken Schembri whilst Shaun's new role, although still the CEO, is only related to commercial matters.
Its all good gents I'm still happy to answer these questions, Kens new role doesn't involve fan engagement which i am sure you can appreciate.
We have still 4 spots to fill, the aim is for two of these to be foreign players for the front of the field. We will be patient with announcements here should we run into challenges with visa and travel restrictions due to covid. So it is a fingers crossed moment for us that hopefully in the next week to fortnight will become clearer.

Ironbark

Its all good gents I'm still happy to answer these questions, Kens new role doesn't involve fan engagement which i am sure you can appreciate.
We have still 4 spots to fill, the aim is for two of these to be foreign players for the front of the field. We will be patient with announcements here should we run into challenges with visa and travel restrictions due to covid. So it is a fingers crossed moment for us that hopefully in the next week to fortnight will become clearer.
Thanks Shaun - again some clarity eases the mind a lot

Josho Howe

Draw has just been sent out to members. Round 1 NYE is the derby. Not really a fan of that tbh. 4 Monday night games during the season too...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred