• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

midfielder

Guess on my part but needs to be discussed me thinks...

My guess especially in a must increase ratings year we have been set off to the non ratings low crowd time zones as the assumption is major capital city teams especially, WSW, SFC, MV & Roar rate better than most...

Given the position of the league, its arguably the right call...

HOWEVER... if this is the case and we are to be in the foreseeable future to be sent to the dead time zones... should we get some kinda compensation..

Lets say two times are identified as dead time zones, should home teams at these matches be paid say 1, 000 ticket sales .... or say $ 25, 000... to reflect the loss of fans ticket and merch sales...

priorpeter

Tasuku Sekiya was one we were trying to sign. He's playing in the QNPL Grand Final for Brisbane Olympic this week, so if he is one of them don't expect anything before the game. Personally I would hope for something a little bit better than another NPL striker (Murray, Powell, Bingham...) but given the constraints of MC's purse strings it is what I would expect.

Staj did mention on MTV that it was a matter of trying to get both the visa players into the country, so I’m not sure if Sekiya would be one of those that he was referring to

Ads

Guess on my part but needs to be discussed me thinks...

My guess especially in a must increase ratings year we have been set off to the non ratings low crowd time zones as the assumption is major capital city teams especially, WSW, SFC, MV & Roar rate better than most...

Given the position of the league, its arguably the right call...

HOWEVER... if this is the case and we are to be in the foreseeable future to be sent to the dead time zones... should we get some kinda compensation..

Lets say two times are identified as dead time zones, should home teams at these matches be paid say 1, 000 ticket sales .... or say $ 25, 000... to reflect the loss of fans ticket and merch sales...

There surely would be discussion around this especially with Wellington re-location as well.

Doubt we would ever find out the details but I really hope we asked the question and fought for fair play despite tv ratings data or crowd numbers / performance.

Really shows unless your a big club/successful or a new club you don’t really get much help or bang for your buck.

I would like to think with the new collaboration of clubs making decisions they try to support underperforming teams for a more intense competition.
At least until promotion / relegation then will be Everyman for himself.
(If it ever happens)

midfielder

Staj did mention on MTV that it was a matter of trying to get both the visa players into the country, so I’m not sure if Sekiya would be one of those that he was referring to
I can't find the vid where he talks about it... can you put the link up I have gone thu a number and just can't find it...

turbo

I would like to think with the new collaboration of clubs making decisions they try to support underperforming teams for a more intense competition.
The logic may be to get the best figures they can to position themselves well in the upcoming rights discussions. If so I get it but it shouldn't be a long term trend. I can't see that many mid week games working well for attendances either.

midfielder

Just on the dead time zones... I know 3 Sydney based fans who just can't make mid week or late Sunday games... it is an issue ...

priorpeter

I can't find the vid where he talks about it... can you put the link up I have gone thu a number and just can't find it...

Live earlier today - Staj interview kicks off about 15 mins in

Forum Phoenix

I still will. That is by far our biggest fixture and to treat it so poorly is criminal. Sydney, WSW don’t travel. Bulls maybe, yet to be determined.

I had expected a bit more of a home heavy start and away heavy end to allow more home games in other regions in which case I could somewhat excuse it but that’s not really what we are seeing.
Fair enough, it really does suck having zero leverage when it comes to the draw.

rbakersmith

Being in Wollongong, the mid-week games are a nope for me - it's especially disappointing that one of those games is an F3 Derby. The Sunday night games are a real stretch but I can (just) make those, it helps that (at the moment, at least) I have a WFH job.

I'm looking forward to the trips to Campbelltown for Macarthur... and the Nux game at WIN Stadium is basically a home game for me.

Josho Howe

The NYE, Australia Day and Easter weekend games should be against WSW or Macarthur at home. Many western Sydney residents are holidaying here already.

Looks like I will be spending Easter in Melbourne.
Not having a weekend game away in Melbourne until April is a real bummer. Brisbane away 15th Jan another option and then right at the end of the season is a Saturday night Adelaide away in May. Only 3 real options for our away days this season which is disappointing. City away on a Monday and Wednesday yuck

Tevor

Fair enough, it really does suck having zero leverage when it comes to the draw.
We have been the basket case of the league for more than 5 years, it was never going to be anything else. Just shows how hard it is for the club to dig itself out of the current position it is in. Any news on member numbers. I expect they will be very poor as well.

Forum Phoenix

We have been the basket case of the league for more than 5 years, it was never going to be anything else. Just shows how hard it is for the club to dig itself out of the current position it is in. Any news on member numbers. I expect they will be very poor as well.

Worse. We've never had any leverage. And I don't know how that ever changes. Even winning the league 3 year in a row wouldn't do it.

I think what Middy was tickling at is correct... If some clubs are going to be financially disadvantaged while others are being advantaged by the draw, which they are, unless you want to rotate it, then those clubs should be compensated/supported.

I think a strong argument can be made that making draws based on optimising broadcasters viewing numbers is detrimental to the long term growth and sustainability of the league. Being from the biggest cities means by default you have a bigger supporter base and already make more money, and if you actually want the league to grow and be sustainable, that can't mean by default you are also entitled to better draws so you can make even more money. I mean you can... but as has happened you end up diluting the league and devaluing it's product.

It's ultimately in everyones best interests for the league to thrive long term. FOX, and their vapid, elitist approach, alongside poor management from the FFA, clearly damaged the growth and sustainability of the league. The expansion could not have been more poorly handled imo. Sydney team #3, vs Melbourne team #3, would only ever get stale stupidly fast.

How to move forward, well, first we need the new managing body to get this and care about the leagues greater success long term, and then only sign the new broadcast deal with a partner who is willing to trade in a little short term gain like sfc of mvc prime time every bloody saturday, to help support the true growth of the league and all it's stakeholders. Also getting away from the biased and largely sycophantic punditry would also be good. It grew beyond painful to listen to most of the commentary.

Coastalraider

While I know we hate them and everything, I feel sorry for the ACL teams in this mix up. The players and support staff wont finish in Qatar until 5th December, meaning they wont arrive back here until the 6th (on presumption no one makes it past the 1st round), when they have to enter mandatory quarantine. To use FC as an example, that 5 weeks away from family, heading into a 6 day preseason before their round 1 match on the 30th. That also starts 7 games in 30 days without any training for 2 weeks while in hotel quarantine. There will be a lot of injuries id say.

Should some miracle happen and they make it to qtr final stage, they will come out of hotel quarantine the day before their first A league match.

Thats a rough end of the draw. Perth somehow get an extra 2 weeks off before their first game on the 16th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred