• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2017/18 Membership

VicMariner

We have been on the nose locally for the last few years so the kids and thrill seekers completely disappeared.
A decent competitive side will bring them back.
Our best is 6k but we could sneak past that.
We haven't dropped below 6k in the last few seasons, that's a pretty solid core. I think 7k + is on the cards.

2016/17 6124 (11/01/17)
2015/16 6059
2014/15 6242
2013/14 5960
http://www.fromthestandsal.com/membership-tracker/

pjennings

A-League club membership numbers as of Monday, August 29, 2016

Melb. Victory –20,364

WS Wanderers – 16,876

Sydney FC ¬ 8501

Melb. City ¬7746

Newcastle Jets – 6632

Adel. Utd ¬ 5718

Perth Glory ¬ 5469

Cent Coast – 3461

Well Phoenix – 1874

Bris Roar – 1413

Reports from last night put our membership at 4400 - so up nearly a 1,000 on this time last year with 6 weeks to go before the season start.

Insertnamehere

Melb. Victory –20,364

WS Wanderers – 16,876

Sydney FC ¬ 8501

Melb. City ¬7746

Newcastle Jets – 6632

Adel. Utd ¬ 5718

Perth Glory ¬ 5469

Cent Coast – 3461

Well Phoenix – 1874

Bris Roar – 1413

Reports from last night put our membership at 4400 - so up nearly a 1,000 on this time last year with 6 weeks to go before the season start.
Bahahaha roar. No one wants to pay to watch dads army!

Reactions: adz

dibo

Bahahaha roar. No one wants to pay to watch dads army!

They're numbers from last year, as @pjennings noted:

And Roar had a stinker of a season, memberships wise, over the last two years.

With all the ownership rumblings and people falling off the bandwagon after the championship years, they dropped from over 12k members in 2014/15 to barely 5k in 2015/16, and only recovered to 7k last season.

Their crowds held up OK though, 12k to 13k to 14k.

That's partly because crowds are a leading indicator of memberships - when crowds tank, memberships follow the year after. And the reverse is true too, though if people lose faith in what they're getting it gets ugly faster.

We're going to go OK not just because our crowds were steady/up a little last year and people have faith that the club's turned a corner.

We never even hit 5k until our championship year. That we haven't dropped below 5k members even through the wooden spoon year is exceptional .

Our memberships last year were actually up on the wooden spoon year, probably because the club were able to convince people that with Okon in place, we'd have a better season.

The fact that they were right will convince more people to sign on this year.

We've got a really steady membership base now of about 6k, even after the worst three year patch in our history.

If we were able to turn that into 8k through a good year this year, it is easier to turn it into 10k the year after.

Then we're off to the races, because there is *nothing* that shores up a football club more than a big and growing membership base.

Insertnamehere

They're numbers from last year, as @pjennings noted:

And Roar had a stinker of a season, memberships wise, over the last two years.

With all the ownership rumblings and people falling off the bandwagon after the championship years, they dropped from over 12k members in 2014/15 to barely 5k in 2015/16, and only recovered to 7k last season.

Their crowds held up OK though, 12k to 13k to 14k.

That's partly because crowds are a leading indicator of memberships - when crowds tank, memberships follow the year after. And the reverse is true too, though if people lose faith in what they're getting it gets ugly faster.

We're going to go OK not just because our crowds were steady/up a little last year and people have faith that the club's turned a corner.

We never even hit 5k until our championship year. That we haven't dropped below 5k members even through the wooden spoon year is exceptional .

Our memberships last year were actually up on the wooden spoon year, probably because the club were able to convince people that with Okon in place, we'd have a better season.

The fact that they were right will convince more people to sign on this year.

We've got a really steady membership base now of about 6k, even after the worst three year patch in our history.

If we were able to turn that into 8k through a good year this year, it is easier to turn it into 10k the year after.

Then we're off to the races, because there is *nothing* that shores up a football club more than a big and growing membership base.
My anecdotal evidence from living in brissy suggests their membership this year will be poor. The few very solid roar fans I associate with have little to no interest in renewing this yr. there's no real positive sentiment towards the team this season.

Whereas us, the sentiment is on the up and up. 3 disgusting years will do that.

JoyfulPenguin

My anecdotal evidence from living in brissy suggests their membership this year will be poor. The few very solid roar fans I associate with have little to no interest in renewing this yr. there's no real positive sentiment towards the team this season.

Whereas us, the sentiment is on the up and up. 3 disgusting years will do that.
Lots of hatred towards the Bakries there, if they go I would say their membership will shoot up.

dibo

A-League site has updated member numbers. We're up to 4,180, 67% of last year's total:

ADL: 4,302 (43% of 2016/17 final number)
BRI: 4,137 (59%)
CCM: 4,180 (67%)
MCI: 7,264 (56%)
MVI: 21,569 (82%)
NEW: 5,654 (65%)
PER: 5,967 (69%)
SYD: 10,831 (87%)
WEL: 1,574 (33%)
WSW: 15,813 (79%)
Total: 81,291 (69%)

dibo

They've been pretty steady for a few years - average of about 12k, peak of 13k. Not much wrong with that.

Rowdy

They're headed down the road to expulsion with numbers like that, failing to meet their 'contracted k.p.i's' for attendance & viewership.
:tv:

Rowdy

McGlinchey would be taking up a 'foreign visa spot' in any other A-League team with his newly acquired Kiwi citizenship.:doh:

Should have stayed at CCM & become eligible for an 'Aussie' instead, for better future work prospects ;)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

A-League site has updated member numbers. We're up to 4,180, 67% of last year's total:

ADL: 4,302 (43% of 2016/17 final number)
BRI: 4,137 (59%)
CCM: 4,180 (67%)
MCI: 7,264 (56%)
MVI: 21,569 (82%)
NEW: 5,654 (65%)
PER: 5,967 (69%)
SYD: 10,831 (87%)
WEL: 1,574 (33%)
WSW: 15,813 (79%)
Total: 81,291 (69%)
Really interesting. 67% of last year's numbers actually puts us 5th in the league. I guess that's nothing to be disappointed about.

Interesting that the big clubs are much further ahead - though I guess being so big, there's probably the sense of 'don't get in early and you'll miss out on your favourite seat', which the smaller clubs don't get. Or concern about not being able to get a ticket for, say, the active area. So perhaps it's not that the big clubs are doing anything different (MCY are advertising a little in the lifts in my building, but that's all the HAL advertising I've seen - as usual, nothing is happening), but that being big means the numbers have to come in faster.

But I do wonder if there is anything else they're doing as a club to drive memberships, especially repeat memberships.

We all hope the numbers are up on last year. But then again, given that last year was quite poor, you'd typically expect numbers to be down from that - and the FFA cup would have hurt. The impact of consecutive poor seasons competing against the impact of a rebuild of engagement, and an exciting rebuild of the team. I expect numbers to be higher.

Although being interstate I have no intention to join on the $50 membership at this stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred