• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008-09 HAL Grand Final

Redline

Absolute bollocks.

-Was not a red for Cristiano
-Was at least 5 minutes injury time
-Clear penalty not given to the Reds in the first half...held in the box, last man, scoring opportunity.
-AR clearly in the wrong on a number of occasions.
-Vargas and Muscat clearly time wasting during injury time

I'm as disgusted with this result as I was last year. Once again, the refereeing ruins a game, and makes the result the result of a screw up.

Sacko

Well at least the "not" red cards liven up a dull game, both looked very harsh, but to fair to Breeze he was advised by his linesman.

Glad to see Tommy get the winner and MPV  :thumbup:
- oh how we've missed him this season :'( 

David Votoupal

Was a much better showing for AU compared to the last games against Melbourne, let alone the last Grand Final the two played in.

It was always going to be close in the Grand Final reflecting as it does the fact that though Melbourne have the wood on Adelaide United, the two clubs were never far apart in the League. So one goal either way to decide it was the most likely outcome. United had a point to prove, not to lie down and chase every cause, and they did that.

I'll also add that their shortage of strikers evident before the season began, ultimately came back to bite tonight.

Penrith9103

Disappointing to see Melbourne win the game, however they were the best team all year.
Adelaide were very gutsy in defeat. Well deone.

What about the butchered version of "We are the Champions" playing in the background.
What a disgrace.
That song should NEVER be touched.

~Floss~

Penrith9103 said:
Disappointing to see Melbourne win the game, however they were the best team all year.

???

imo i'd rather that than someone who doesn't deserve it being proclaimed "champions"

pjennings

Bosnich seems to have put on a bit of condition now that JC and Clarky don't have him running around.  ;)

jarrad

Those watching the postgame show,
did you see the picture of the CCM Tifo?
Looked amazing!

How I miss that Jedinak! :(

bjw

bjw
Anyone see the little wrap-up of the season at the end of the Post-Match show??

Had a good shot of Craig (parttimer) up through the yellow/blue ribbon tifo with his arms outstreched.

Mariner Girl

Congrats to Melb for the win, however Tommy P is the only player I am truely happy for.  :thumbup:. Please come back!

Adelaide were absolutely magnificent tonight and thank god it wasn't a one sided Grand Final that could have resulted in the Cristiano sendoff. :p

serious14

League+Grand+Final+Victory+v+Adelaide+United+YWm4kLMya7J.jpg

;D

Arabmariner

Bosnich summed it up perfectly after the game when discussing the two send offs.

"we just need to be careful we don't turn the game into netball"

He's right imo.Referees are having too big an influence on too many games.

The best refs are usually not noticed at all.

cruiser

Breeze thinks he's the main attraction. That first red card was a joke and the second one doubtful. He took two strikers out of the game with his over reactive red-carding. Pissant refereeing doesnt help showcase the GF of a pissant competition. The crap standard of refereeing in this country has had way too much influence on the result of the last two GF's. I really do wonder why I bother.

Blackadder

Breeze obviously has to be in the spot light, the first red card for the "elbow" was laughable, two players going up to challenge for a ball in the air of course there is going be some contact and no way in the hell could it be deemed intentional.
Second one I didn't see a replay of the incident but apparently not shown by fox, just a mention of it???

FFC Mariner

2 GF's running ruined by poor officials - doubt the FFA care though.

Neither were red cards, and he decided to ignore a couple of much worse offences.

So happy for Tommy, how we missed his quality this season

Redline

They showed the second red card offence later on in slo mo...it was Allsoppwalking past Cornthwaite and dropping the shoulder and a hint of a headbutt...butwe all know how tall Cornthwaite is compared to Allsopp...not a red card either, but I'm glad it happened so that it put it onto more level playing terms.

dibo

Congrats to Tommy, but I really feel sorry for Travis Dodd. He put up a fight that was nothing short of heroic, could have scored a couple but got desperately unlucky. He should have been the medallist but was beaten by the scoreboard. And the poor bugger is missing the Kuwait match in Canberra as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred