• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008-09 HAL Grand Final

~Floss~

Redline said:
They showed the second red card offence later on in slo mo...it was Allsoppwalking past Cornthwaite and dropping the shoulder and a hint of a headbutt...butwe all know how tall Cornthwaite is compared to Allsopp...not a red card either, but I'm glad it happened so that it put it onto more level playing terms.
The first time they showed that, one of the commentators said that wasn't the incident the card was for.
As soon as that light shoulder-collision happened, the Adelaide players launched into protests with the ref's, and then a scuffle broke out. At the time i assumed Alsopp did or said something worse than the shoulder, during the scuffle.
But then fox failed to find anything to replay, the commentators said it was for a headbutt but they kept replaying the shoulder incident.

Another one of those HAL refereeing decisions where we'll always be left wondering what really happened and what the ref actually called.

marinermick

~Floss~ said:
Redline said:
They showed the second red card offence later on in slo mo...it was Allsoppwalking past Cornthwaite and dropping the shoulder and a hint of a headbutt...butwe all know how tall Cornthwaite is compared to Allsopp...not a red card either, but I'm glad it happened so that it put it onto more level playing terms.
The first time they showed that, one of the commentators said that wasn't the incident the card was for.
As soon as that light shoulder-collision happened, the Adelaide players launched into protests with the ref's, and then a scuffle broke out. At the time i assumed Alsopp did or said something worse than the shoulder, during the scuffle.
But then fox failed to find anything to replay, the commentators said it was for a headbutt but they kept replaying the shoulder incident.

Another one of those HAL refereeing decisions where we'll always be left wondering what really happened and what the ref actually called.

trying to judge what cornflakes was saying he seemed to hint that donkey boy spat on him

FFC Mariner

Agree Mick, seemed to be saying "he spat in my eye"

See Eugene got away with laying hands on the ref........................

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Cristiano's RC was interesting.  A few seasons ago FIFA came out with a bit of a statement against players leading into aerial challenges with an elbow, and basically came out with a zero-tolerance verdict, saying these players must be sent off (and, obviously Cristiano DID lead in with the elbow).

However, all season we've seen similar challenges (and the fact that similar injuries have been sustained suggest similar force was used), and no red card - heck, usually no yellow card or even FK has been given.

So either Breeze is right and every other ref is wrong, or Breeze is wrong and every other ref is right.

Or they're all wrong and they need to figure out where the hell they draw the balance of how much elbow is acceptable :D  IMO, everyone would be more accepting of Cristiano's RC if similar challenges had resulted in a RC all season - but we all know the HAL has zero consistency when it comes to cards.

Of course, I tend to look at these decisions with a bit of a 'what would I have given in an O/35 or first grade match?' - but for obvious reasons you can't always compare what's a card in the HAL with what's a card in grassroots football :D

In the context of what else has qualified for a RC this season though, nobody could blame Cristiano for feeling very hard done by - I was very surprised to see a RC.  In the context of a HAL match, a yellow probably would've been more typical.

Still, let's be reasonable - only this RC is Breeze's, the other one came down to the assistant.  Unfortunately, Breeze tends to suffer from either giving out unnecessary red cards, or missing the necessary ones.  He can't decide if he wants to be lenient or tough ;-)

And neither of those decisions are as bad as missing that handball - or NJ getting away with starting a huge fight in our match :D

I bet serious got a quiver in his pants when Tommy P scored that goal though :D  Great strike.  Pity Melbourne won - I would've loved to have seen Adelaide get up, but nobody seriously expected anything different.

Heard there was a fair bit of crowd trouble....

Andy

F*cking LOL at everyone blaming Breeze for the ruinging the game with a Red card

Breeze originally had the yellow card until he consulted the linesman

serious14

Bless News Limited, they will always try for the negatives no matter what.......

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,9191,25120482-661,00.html

serious14

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I bet serious got a quiver in his pants when Tommy P scored that goal though :D  Great strike. 

If by "quiver" you mean....... ummm, you know what, that description is probably not fit for a public forum.  But you get the idea.  :p

jarrad

dibo said:
I really feel sorry for Travis Dodd. He should have been the medallist.

Disagree, I think Jamieson deserved the medal.
Had numerous great runs, helping out
in not only the attack but also in defence.
By far Adelaide's most dangerous looking player,
followed by Dodd.
Solid performance by the young left back.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So check out this clip - about 4min in (at the Allsopp incident - which I can only assume was about spitting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njvVzS0deTc&feature=related

Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugene poking Breeze in the chest while firing up at him.....

~Floss~

Also ran 30m to get in someone's face and re-ignite the shenanigans. Sound familiar?

(D-Mac RC @ Scumdome)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Didn't D-Mac get sent off for what he said though? 

(I agree that it's ridiculous he didn't get booked for all that rubbish).

I have to wonder though...what would the result of the GF have been had Muscat been sitting on the sideline, had he been suspended for that stomp in the finals?

serious14

"Live: Cricket: Test RSA v Aus Session 2 was watched by 307,000 viewers on Saturday night; 246,000 viewers watched Melbourne Victory prevail over Adelaide FC in Live: Football: A-League Grand Final"

1 LIVE: CRICKET: TEST RSA V AUS SESSION 2 Fox Sports 3 Sat 21:30 307 307 1,298 1,611
2 LIVE: CRICKET: TEST RSA V AUS SESSION 1 Fox Sports 3 Fri 19:30 302 302 1,469 1,516
3 LIVE: FOOTBALL: A-LEAGUE GRAND FINAL Fox Sports 1 Sat 19:30 246 246 1,629 600
4 LIVE: CRICKET: FORD RANGER CUP FINAL Fox Sports 2 Sun 18:12 172 172 1,262 875
5 LIVE: AFL: NAB CUP Fox Sports 3 Sat 15:30 163 163 1,221 424
6 LIVE: CRICKET: TEST RSA V AUS PRE MATCH Fox Sports 3 Fri 19:00 159 159 1,087 634
7 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 Sat 11:05 156 239 949 1,847
8 LIVE: AFL: NAB CUP SYDNEY V PORT ADEL Fox Sports 1 Sun 15:30 154 154 1,341 459
9 LIVE: CRICKET: TEST RSA V AUS SESSION 3 Fox Sports 3 Fri 00:10 130 130 463 681
10 LIVE: FOOTBALL: A-LEAGUE POST GAME SHOW Fox Sports 1 Sat 21:30 120 120 1,542 517

Bear

I just love the big scary words used by News Limited. Seriously, wankers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-League fans swarm Telstra Dome for final

MOBS of vocal soccer fans have gridlocked city streets ahead of tonight's A-league Grand Final between Adelaide and Melbourne.

Hundreds of vocal Adelaide United fans stopped traffic with a sea of red on busy Elizabeth Street from 6pm.

More than 20 police, including members of the Special Operations Group, flanked the chanting crowd as it headed towards Docklands.

A lone Melbourne Victory supporter confronted the Adelaide mob, but was dragged away by his Victory scarf by SOG officers.

The Adelaide fans had been drinking at a pub on the corner of Franklin and Elizabeth streets before spilling onto the streets, belting drums and chanting taunts.

By 6.20pm, the crown was slowly walking up Latrobe St towards Telstra Dome.

Meanwhile, Victory supporters congregated nearby at a King St bar nearby.

So far, the pre-match antics have been Incident free.

Melbourne Victory goes into tonights game as hot favourite to repeat its 2007 grand final win over United.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will be among the 45,000-plus spectators at tonights game.

Mr Rudd this evening launched FFAs indigenous football development program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred