• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008-09 HAL Grand Final

FFC Mariner

V Impressive look though. Few photos kicking around and they all met and walked to the ground (with flares).

Lots of sporadic punch ups outside after the game by all accounts, taunting leading to fisticuffs - nothing organised.

serious14

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nacion.com%2Fln_ee%2F2009%2Fmarzo%2F01%2Fdeportes1890636.html&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=

Hahahahaha - "won the title of monarch of the League Football in Australia", "both recieved a medal and a monetary prize juicy".

Rowdy

marinermick said:
trying to judge what cornflakes was saying he seemed to hint that donkey boy spat on him

LOL  ;D

1st: Ney Fabiano showed his inner 'cobra'
Now: Danny Allsop

Robbie Corthwaite: the 'spittoon' of the A-League

00000559_Thumbnail.gif
images

Melbourne to sign another South American by the name of Copious Da Saliva

bulldogmariner

Rumours are he headbutted Cornflakes!

But i think our friend the assistant referee thought he would make another big wrong call and Donkey Boy was sent off for the shoulder charge/ headbutt.

I will be waiting to see what the FFA will do with this one especially after 2007/08 Grand Final ended in similar controversy.
Breeze should have been no where near that final as he wasnt the form ref in the game.

Rowdy

bulldogmariner said:
I will be waiting to see what the FFA will do with this one especially after 2007/08 Grand Final ended in similar controversy.
Breeze should have been no where near that final as he wasnt the form ref in the game.

Ditto

Eugene sticking his finger into Breeze's chest 4-5 times IS in excess of Danny's once pushing of Shields hand away imo and an equivalent ban would and should be the prevailing punishment..............

but we all know that's NOT going to happen, it's the FFA... FFS annnnnnnnnd were the Mariners! there's different rules that apply to us and not other teams....No Damien Mori, No Home Grand Final... on & on  :popcorn:

Jimmy

Carlos Hernandez and Jose Luis Lopez Ticos champions in Liga of Australia 2009 crown themselves Its club, Melbourne Victory, defeated 1-0 in a complicated end to the Adelaide United.

While Puppy Lopez reached 10 titles in its race, the Fox already adds eight Bald Rodrigo C.

In a complicated end, the Costa Rican steering wheels Carlos Hernandez and Jose Luis Lopez conquered yesterday the title of monarchs of Liga of the 2009 in the soccer of Australia.

The victory smiled to him to the equipment of the ticos, the Melbourne Victory, by 1-0 against the Adelaide United, before 53,273 fans in Melbourne.

Zorro and Puppy arrive next week to the country.

The unique goal of the duel was of the local steering wheel Tom Pondeljak, to the 60 '. We knew that it would not be a easy party. And thus it was: 1-0 in a worthy end hardly gained. Now to celebrate.

A weather was good, I culminated that it with the championship, related euphoric Hernandez. Carlos was titular and played all the shock, without enjoying the liberties of other times, by the strict monitoring of Jonas Salley, Adelaide. I spent all the first time with a player stuck in the back, followed that me by all the field, but in the second I loosen more, I had more contact with the ball and chances to write down more. The important thing is that it gained, said Charlie.

In the meantime, mulberry Lopez entered of change. I played last the five minutes. The party was very closed and nothing else I entered to defend the 1-0, explained Jose Luis.

For the Fox Hernandez, it is the eighth sceptre of its race, after five with Alajuelense (the two premises, two of Uncaf and one of Concacaf) and three with the Victory (Preseason, Championship and Premiership). On the other hand, Puppy Lopez reached ten: seven with Saprissa (the five premises, one of Uncaf and another one of Concacaf) and the three mentioned in Australia. It would have wished that he was different for me (finished like substitute by an argument with the technician), but to gain the three titles that could be won is something outside series, said Lopez from Melbourne.

The Hernandez and the Lopez are not the first ticos in leaving champions in Australia. First it was the limonense Gerald Gerry Go'mez, who, between 1977 and 1993, gained three sceptres and one Australian glass, with Sydney City; two leagues, with Marconi; and one wins, with Parramatta. Two red ones. The end of was full yesterday of frictions and both equipment finished with 10 men in the field, by the expulsions of the Brazilian Christian (Adelaide), to the 10 ', and of Danny Allsopp (Victory), to the 65 '.

The Victory celebrated all night in its second title of its history, that gave the ticket them to Champions League 2010 of Asia. In the end of the 2007, 6-0 humiliated to the Adelaide. Everything was very tuna. The people of Melbourne enjoyed much, with 55,000 people in the stage. The celebration in the city extended until the dawn, described Lopez. We had a celebration deprived in the stage with our families, detailed Hernandez. Both received a medal and a substantial economic prize.

FFC Mariner

Rowdy said:
bulldogmariner said:

Ditto

Eugene sticking his finger into Breeze's chest 4-5 times IS in excess of Danny's once pushing of Shields hand away imo and an equivalent ban would and should be the prevailing punishment..............

but we all know that's NOT going to happen, it's the FFA... FFS annnnnnnnnd were the Mariners! there's different rules that apply to us and not other teams....No Damien Mori, No Home Grand Final... on & on  :popcorn:

QFT - Milligan did the same to Shield and got nothing. Shield should be hounded to the end of his days.....Underbelly style

FFC Mariner

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/soccer/ffa-sets-indigenous-players-target/2009/02/28/1235237992092.html

Football Federation Australia last night said it wanted indigenous players to comprise at least five per cent of players in national teams and major competitions by 2019.

By my poor maths, out of a matchday squad of 15, thats 0.75 players. Out of a squad of 23, thats 1.15.

Whether mixed blood will be taken into account in the pc gone mad scheme I dont know but if Football isnt in the Aboriginal community snapping these kids up, they are nuts.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/soccer/ffa-sets-indigenous-players-target/2009/02/28/1235237992092.html
Whether mixed blood will be taken into account in the pc gone mad scheme I dont know but if Football isnt in the Aboriginal community snapping these kids up, they are nuts.
Exactly.

There's some magnificent aboriginal athletes playing AFL who would've been brilliant football players imo.

Mick O'Loughlin of the Swans springs to mind.And Adam Goodes did play football and took up AFL in his mid-late teens I believe.

Heaps more out there who's names escape me atm.

Don't know about the knuckledragging types though.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
By my poor maths, out of a matchday squad of 15, thats 0.75 players. Out of a squad of 23, thats 1.15.

i don't think it's a quota scheme, it's a target. the basic thing is that they'll be aiming to get players into development programs and whatnot. arab's right too - there are a bunch of indigenous aussie rules players who would have been super at football. i imagine that o'loughlin could've been an alsopp but more skilful, and goodes could've been a mile type player.

kevrenor

Is this saying Breeze got it wrong?
:headbutt:

"SYDNEY
3 March 2009

The independent Match Review Panel (MRP), chaired by Barry Such and
comprising Simon Micallef and Alan Davidson, met this evening to
consider the incidents arising out of the Hyundai A-League 2009 Grand
Final.

Adelaide United player, Cristiano, was issued with an R2 Red Card for
"violent conduct".  The MRP firstly considered a challenge to the Red
Card by the player.  The challenge was upheld and, accordingly, the Red
Card is expunged from the record of the player and he is not required to
serve a sanction.

Melbourne Victory player, Danny Allsopp, was issued with an R2 Red Card
for "violent conduct". The Match Review Panel firstly considered a
challenge to the Red Card made by the player. The challenge was upheld
and, accordingly, the Red Card is expunged from the record of the player
and he is not required to serve a sanction.

ENDS"

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Course he will - what, do you think think Shield would've been blacklisted from grand finals last season?

You've got to be kidding me.

The FFA - the same organisation that says they can't do anything when griffiths punches an AR because it 'was dealt with', the same organisation who, just a couple of weeks ago, didn't care that Muscat stomped on somebody on the ground because 'the ref spoke to him', has rescinded the two red cards from the grand final

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25134962-5000940,00.html

Fox News said:
The grand final-defining red card handed to Adelaide United striker Cristiano has been revoked by Football Federation Australia's match review panel.

Cristiano was marched by referee Matthew Breeze in just the 10th minute of Saturday's 1-0 loss to Melbourne Victory after he elbowed Victory defender Rody Vargas in the head as they challenged for a high ball.

Vargas was bleeding heavily after the encounter, but Cristiano appeared to have had his eyes on the ball rather than his opponent.

The card, for violent conduct, has been removed from Cristiano's record and the Brazilian will not be sanctioned, an FFA statement said on Tuesday.

A red card issued to Melbourne's Danny Allsopp in the 64th minute for head-butting Adelaide defender Robert Cornthwaite was also rescinded.

Allsopp's card is one matter - from all reports, he simply did not headbutt cornflake (though it leaves me wondering what on earth cornflake and galekovic were so upset about).

However, rescinding a red card because the ref (or AR) thought he saw something he didn't, and rescinding one because it may have been a little too harsh, are completely different.

In light of all their previous decisions regarding decisions of officials, how on earth can this decision can be justified?

I'm in two minds about the red card to Cristiano - on one hand, I think a red is justified.  On the other, it isn't fair to red card for this when all officials have allowed similar challenges to go unpunished all season.  But even so - rescinding it?

Bloody disgraceful.  I'm sick of the decisions the match review committee makes, it's turning the entire league into a circus.  There is no consistency whatsoever.  Bloody disgraceful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred