• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Because incompetence. 4th official needs to be dropped for a bit for that.
If he doesn't cop a lengthy suspension it just proves corruption at the mrp and ffa

Tevor

So far this weekend MV shown clear favoutism as Williams and Berisha should be missing games. VAR shown up for its inadequacies as what Williams did to Isasis was a disgrace. AU still looking like a well coached team and shame they couldn't get the win.

City looked lethargic and did not respect the Nix who played very well and it was only a 1 in 1,000 free kick separating them.

Foxe is a knob, complained bitterly about the Pen however short memory as he team benefited from a soft Pen the week before. SFC not looking like the invincibles of last year. Good Derby with plenty of action.

No weak teams in this comp this year so it's going to be a good season with any team a chance to make the finals. Roar seem the only weak link but maybe too early to write them off as well. Hope they come good and give the Scum a touch up.

Big Al

Soooo...Berisha turned around and clearly gave the 4th official a 2 handed push on the chest...
Do you think the ref went to far Berisha was well away and walking further away. The ref had done his job and should have known when to back off?

Still not allowed by Berisha and the old what will the kids think really does apply

Big Al

Herd penalty was pretty similar to ours last week but the carry on was pathetic.

I was looking for a massive dive on the replay the way they protested, then you see the replay and go you are knobs.

We were disappointed but professional

Pirate Pete

Do you think the ref went to far Berisha was well away and walking further away. The ref had done his job and should have known when to back off?

Still not allowed by Berisha and the old what will the kids think really does apply
When I saw that I thought Berisha should have been sent off.
Touching an official like that is not on.
I'd love to see Williams wrestle ODonovan to the ground and watch the resulting headbutt.

As I type the snake has scored.

For the life of me I don't get. Is the service he's getting this season so much better,
or was he just shit for us???

I watched some of last nights game and thought the ref was lenient.
I'm sure a few of our players would have gone in the book committing the same kind of foul.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'd agree - the 4th shouldn't have kept his hands on Berisha's back for so long. He's created the situation - but Berisha still did the wrong thing

Fox Sports reckon the MRP are going to use the excuse that 'evans gave a yellow card'.

Would still be BS – the MRP can still act on it. And Evans should bloody well be dropped for only issuing a yellow.

Absolutely disgraceful, but no surprise really.

JoyfulPenguin

When I saw that I thought Berisha should have been sent off.
Touching an official like that is not on.
I'd love to see Williams wrestle ODonovan to the ground and watch the resulting headbutt.

As I type the snake has scored.

For the life of me I don't get. Is the service he's getting this season so much better,
or was he just shit for us???

I watched some of last nights game and thought the ref was lenient.
I'm sure a few of our players would have gone in the book committing the same kind of foul.
When on form and caring the Snake is as good as any striker in the A-League, he just didn't care for the majority of last season as he knew he was going. The service is better though, having an actual 10 and players that can cross are letting him show his talents.

pjennings

Herd penalty was pretty similar to ours last week but the carry on was pathetic.

I was looking for a massive dive on the replay the way they protested, then you see the replay and go you are knobs.

We were disappointed but professional

I don't think they were similar at all. Carney positioned himself well and waited for the foul. It came - foul given. With ours the WSW player propped and Wout went into him - it should not have been given in the first place. The VAR is only for obvious errors - once it was given it and since there was contact the VAR officials couldn't overturn it. Only the referee after he viewed it could and and he was never going to say he was wrong in the first place.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Still seems weird re Snake- after all, he found himself in position with us plenty of times. Most of the time he'd just completely stuff up the relatively easy opportunities. He simply couldn't finish.
The fact that he was a shocking finisher and still one of the better goalscorers in the league probably indicated tremendous potential.
It could be something as simple as a tweak in the way he's being trained that's tightened up that weak aspect of his game. A slight difference has made something 'click' perhaps.

I don't think they were similar at all. Carney positioned himself well and waited for the foul. It came - foul given. With ours the WSW player propped and Wout went into him - it should not have been given in the first place. The VAR is only for obvious errors - once it was given it and since there was contact the VAR officials couldn't overturn it. Only the referee after he viewed it could and and he was never going to say he was wrong in the first place.

We're seeing plenty of obvious errors and the VAR is doing nothing. Seems like their entire purpose now is to sell Happy Meals. Sure, there were teething problems last season - only to be expected - but the VAR is an utter joke this year.

But I agree about the penalties. With the Sydney one, Carney got in front of the defender while running straight for the ball, defender took a few more steps and knocked him from behind going for the ball. I legit can't see any argument against it being a penalty. Doesn't take a huge touch to bring somebody down when you knock them from behind.
What was the Brama one? I don't remember a penalty in the WSW match...

pjennings

Roly propped in front of Wout, there was minimal contact. should not have been a foul. Riera scored the penalty.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Ronnie Vargas leg is thoroughly f**ked from what I heard, shame, may be a scummer but he don’t suck

Tevor

Ronnie Vargas leg is thoroughly f**ked from what I heard, shame, may be a scummer but he don’t suck
Totally agree Recky wouldn't wish that injury on anyone, enjoyed watching him play and I've said it before he is class and they will miss him. He was carving the Roar up before this unfortunate injury. It's a loss for the HAL season.

On the Roar I'm not sure how much longer Aloisi can keep using pre-season as an excuse. They were well off the pace and flattered by the scoreline and could have even drew the match. I think the Vargas incident was quite disruptive to the scum and shows round 1 was a revelation and have missed plenty of good chances since that day. Petratos was a very good pick up and will be surprised if he doesn't move OS again, two quality goals this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred