• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Big Al

Yeah we hate Newy because they are a bigger version of us and our nearest rivals but against the dirt of MV and considering what they have put up with for so long but most importantly they play some beautiful football i will break the Mariners oath for a game and support Newy over MV unless Muscut runs on the field next week and chokes a jet. That will get my approval, especially if it’s Roy

LFCMariners

Ugh.

Next to a match-up with either of these teams and the Wanderers, I can't think of a more dislikable GF. I'll be o/s for this one and I'm currently debating whether it's worth staying up until almost 3am to watch this?

PRO'S:

* We either get to enjoy seeing the Tards lose another GF, or the Jest fans watch MV hoisting the trophy aloft in their own home ground and have their party gate-crashed.

* Either of these teams could get their arses handed to them or choke and it'll be glorious to watch

* There might be a ton of red cards

* Watching the Tards fans and the Scummers go at each other will be a victory for Social Darwinism

CON'S:

* No matter what happens, no matter how long the game goes for, one of these teams (and their insufferable fanbase) are going to be crowned Champions. Either Muscat, Berisha etc. get rewarded for being the pack of shit stains that they are, or the likes of Roy and Lawrie will feel justified in stabbing CCM in the back- not to mention the Jest fans lucking out AGAIN in a finals match. That lot need to get taken down a peg and experience watching the other mob celebrate before they can really appreciate what it means to win one. And to have to suffer through that on their home turf? Glorious....

scottmac

Suspended
For the f**king muppets that are hoping for a scum win, give yourselves an uppercut. FTS. Nothing better than seeing them lose a GF on home soil.

Pirate Pete

So many emotions watching last night.
Wanting Sydney to win because I thought they'd have a better chance of beating the Jests.
But watching and not wanting them to score.
Then with Victory winning coming to the conclusion they could do Newcastle.
Then the equaliser with seconds to go.
ET and changing my mind and going for MV instead.

Just how great would it be if the FFA made them play the final in Sydney.
Unfortunately it won't happen.

I loathe Muscat, however I dislike the Jests more. Only slightly though.

Oh yes and at the end the Sydney dicks couldn't even go and shake hands with their fans.
From what they showed on TV they only seems to go as far as the advertising behind the goal.
And Arnie still not be able to say V.... V...Vict......

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah we hate Newy because they are a bigger version of us and our nearest rivals but against the dirt of MV and considering what they have put up with for so long but most importantly they play some beautiful football i will break the Mariners oath for a game and support Newy over MV unless Muscut runs on the field next week and chokes a jet. That will get my approval, especially if it’s Roy
There's that. As much as one hates the fans and the club, they've kept the support going through some of the dark years - and their loyal fans have certainly paid their dues. As will we have when we come good again.

And it's always nice when one of the smaller clubs takes the glory.

Muscat trying to argue that his assistant coach and GK coach shouldn't be suspended for trying to choke out a player just fuelled my hatred for him....as did remembering his past. Somebody who should not only have been permanently banned from anything to do with the sport, but put in gaol.

And I've always hated MV fans as well. From Day 1 they thought they were better than everyone else., even refusing to engage with other su They still start a lot of shit, they're one of those mobs that take it all a bit too seriously.
But on the other hand...it's the fkn Jets. And as much as any straight-thinking person hates MV, the last thing we need is for the Jets to be able to brag about more GF wins than us. That would really hurt.
Especially after those pricks handed us the spoon this year.
I mean, they have it all over us for bragging rights at the moment.

LFCMariners

I mean, they have it all over us for bragging rights at the moment.

True- as you said- at the moment.

But even if they win Saturday, CCM still have it over them in silverware. Of course, they'll never acknowledge the Premiership counts for anything unless they ever won it. Seems the only way they can win anything of note is through lucking out in one-off games.

Seeing Muscat and Berisha happy about anything is cancer, but seeing the Jest get screwed by some bad decisions and realise what that's like to be on the receiving end (especially in a finals match) would be schadenfreude at its' best.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Here’s to Musc*nts Mexicans ABSOLUTELY slapping the filth into submission....I hope they put 10 past them

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't. It's bad enough that the league's 2nd most arrogant fans might win another grand final with their f**kstain of a coach. The last thing we need is for them to have a 2nd grand final decimating the opponents.

Losing 2-1 until the final 2 minutes when they score a couple would be hilarious though.

f*** the Jets. I'm genuinely pissed off that they get a home GF and we never will. I'm still fkng salty, if you couldn't tell. I wonder if they'll get a RAAF flyover.

Also, f**knuckle MV assistant coach reckons he ran on the field because he thought it was golden goal.

Aside from just showing up how stupid he is (ever noticed how the entire MV coaching staff are bald-headed, thick-necked mouthbreathers? They're all identical), still doesn't explain it. What, you normally slap people when you celebrate, do you?

4 weeks is piss poor. Should be 12+ for both, with a fine, a 'please explain' and a suspended points deduction for the club. FFA needed to take this seriously. They've instead chosen to treat it barely any worse than a player elbowing another going for a header - or one of the minor slaps we've seen this season.

Imagine if this happened in AFL or even NRL. Those leagues wouldn't put up with it.

Wombat

We hate Scum coz their fans are f**ktards.

Last edited:

yellowcake

The brilliant thing about this decider is that (with a few exceptions - each to there own...) us and the fans of our nearest now non-involved rivals have diametrically opposing wishes for the result.

At the end of the day for me, a season where Arnie, Clarky, Crawley, Wilko, Matty and any other turncoat ex-Mariners legend I can't think of, choked to miss their divine-right GF defence and the eternal scum Jets lose it at home would restore some enjoyment of the 2017/18 season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred