• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

scottmac

Suspended
Well the season ended up alright after all. Scum got dicked by VAR to lose a home GF, Snake just about ended his career in Oz and McKinna continues his GF curse.

Excellent
And to add to that topor Stanley the first player to play in 4 losing gfs

Scotty

Secretly Muscat would have been jealous of Roy's studs-up kick to face. He probably wishes he'd done something like that in a GF.

My tip, Muscat signs the Snake for next season. lol Imagine a team with Berisha and Roy O leading the front line.:p

Offsider

FTS.....and even sweeter to see the Irish snake get sent off while sporting a shiner from the Gypsy.

Taking the positives from the game then ???.............. although thomas didn’t seem too affected by the high boot afterwards. His speaking didn’t seem a problem other than the tape.

Pirate Pete

Really? I thought he definitely was?

I just think he was going after it no matter what. He's that kind of player but you do also tend to get that in a GF. Sorensen doesn't come he gets it and scores... he's a HERO. Instead... well these are the consequences. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, FT judas S etc... but I don't think it was malicious.
8921eb6e3034a097f4158482ffaff2a0

No, nowhere near the ball.

As someone else said, this could end his career in Australia. But don't forget......
He's not a thug.

Newcastle Jets striker Roy O’Donovan has launched a scathing attack on the A-League and insisted he’s unfairly been labelled an “Irish hooligan” and “thug”.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/odonovan-lashes-a-league-im-no-irish-hooligan-487983

adz

Staff member
We had a couple of potential scenarios we were hoping to play out for the Scum in their home grand final...

* Scum look like they're going to win and drop their bundle at the last minute in a heartbreaking loss (I've personally never seen this one happen to anyone before so we just made this one up)
* Scum cop an absolute thrashing and it's never in doubt

Who would have thought they would come up with an even better idea
* Scum lose their home grand final to an offside goal and Royo gets sent off!

We were cheering pretty hard at the end when we realised it was Royo with the red card. That kick to the head was pretty shocking - as far as kicks to the head go - and was feeling sorry for LT, he had such a brilliant game and looked pretty out of it at that point.. kind of had this "WHYYYyyyy did he do THAT!??!??" look on his face - but we kept cheering anyway.

Forum Phoenix

Jets should have won that. Epic choke to end the season. :)

Bring on the next!
They looked clearly the better side first half and copper an offside goal. I do love how much more this will have made their loss sting. But second half victory were defensively so superior, smothered them and Ernie’s direct football was shown up.

I thibk he got it totally wrong when he purportedly said at half time if we just keep doing what we’re doing we will run over them. He should of known Muscat would adapt and lost 30 minutes learning what they were doing was no longer going to work.

Really didn’t help that petratos and Vargas only had over half in each of them.

Pirate Pete

Just read that on the other forum Cap'n.

I'd had a few beers (who hadn't?) by the time the game started so I could be wrong, but I don't remember the Maccers logo or the flashing dots on the screen after the goal. Was that a give away that the VAR wasn't looking at it?

Pirate Pete

They looked clearly the better side first half and copper an offside goal. I do love how much more this will have made their loss sting. But second half victory were defensively so superior, smothered them and Ernie’s direct football was shown up.

I thibk he got it totally wrong when he purportedly said at half time if we just keep doing what we’re doing we will run over them. He should of known Muscat would adapt and lost 30 minutes learning what they were doing was no longer going to work.

Really didn’t help that petratos and Vargas only had over half in each of them.

Good job Okon wasn't in charge of Victory.
Half time team talk would have been "Do plan A better you lot".

Forum Phoenix

8921eb6e3034a097f4158482ffaff2a0

No, nowhere near the ball.

As someone else said, this could end his career in Australia. But don't forget......
He's not a thug.

Newcastle Jets striker Roy O’Donovan has launched a scathing attack on the A-League and insisted he’s unfairly been labelled an “Irish hooligan” and “thug”.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/odonovan-lashes-a-league-im-no-irish-hooligan-487983

But even in the pic you’re showing which is after Sorensen has already caught and carried it forward he’s still only a foot from it?

Anyway. You’re all wrong. He’s just misunderstood. Which I’m sure can at least partly be blamed on his accent.

Pirate Pete

But even in the pic you’re showing which is after Sorensen has already caught and carried it forward he’s still only a foot from it?

Anyway. You’re all wrong. He’s just misunderstood. Which I’m sure can at least partly be blamed on his accent.
The keeper is Thomas, not Sorenson. Even if he was going for the ball, missing it by a foot is a huge margin.
#notathug
icon_lol.gif

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...s/news-story/7c5859a2f5f9b0f9b884e9d521110cf6
ab7ff5083760d3342e14ac6e1db24db5

pjennings

I think the point was that Roy is going for where the ball would have been had Thomas not come for it, caught it and carried it forward.

TBH - while it looks vile and is dangerous and reckless - I'm not convinced he meant to hurt Thomas in any way. That said - it is a red card and I love that it added to the bad night for the scum.

As for the VAR - we have had shit refereeing in the Grand Final before. We will have shit refereeing in the Grand Final in the future. The only difference this time is that we had video-assisted shit refereeing. The referee and AR also missed the offside.

At least when we got shafted by the supposedly unsighted Shields one of the AR saw Judas's handball - Shields just over-ruled him in spite of claiming he was unsighted.

Offsider

I think the point was that Roy is going for where the ball would have been had Thomas not come for it, caught it and carried it forward.

TBH - while it looks vile and is dangerous and reckless - I'm not convinced he meant to hurt Thomas in any way. That said - it is a red card and I love that it added to the bad night for the scum.

As for the VAR - we have had shit refereeing in the Grand Final before. We will have shit refereeing in the Grand Final in the future. The only difference this time is that we had video-assisted shit refereeing. The referee and AR also missed the offside.

At least when we got shafted by the supposedly unsighted Shields one of the AR saw Judas's handball - Shields just over-ruled him in spite of claiming he was unsighted.

I would imagine that having got his leg up into that area he would have had very little control over retrieving control over that leg ......... he is no ballet dancer .......... even though he looks like he is :)

LFCMariners

If you go back to my post on the GF win vs WSW 5 years back, I mentioned that in the week leading up to the game I switched on Triple J one day to hear 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' by Elvis- having NEVER heard it on JJJ before- and took it as a good omen for us...

So last Sunday, out for a walk I passed Florida Beach Bar and heard 'Stand By Me'. Then a few days later, over in Sacramento one night I'm walking along when again I hear 'Stand By Me' playing from a venue. I took this as a sign the Tards would win. Yuck.

Anyway, I went to bed last night (about 2pm AEST) and switched my phone to silent, knowing certain people would be messaging me during the game in the early hours. I woke up this morning to find the following messages:

(Roar Fan #1): 'I am sorry but I don't care what you say. You're a Jets supporter tonight whether you like it or not' (Nope, sorry)

(CCM Fan): 'I seem to remember Scum fans holding the "We've never lost a GF" over us...boy I hope that changes in an hour' (You and me both!)

(Roar Fan #2): 'Hahahahaha O'Donovan!' (Considering this mate wanted Jest to win, I at first thought he must've been red-carded...but then maybe he scored the match winner deep into injury time?)

I had to wake, pack my bags and then leave the place I'd been staying with my family. Wasn't until we got to a cafe for breakfast and I sat down I logged onto Fb and got the full story. And realised my first thought about the 'Hahaha O'Donovan' message had (thankfully) been spot-on!

Now: To every Scum fan who boasted about having never lost a GF...

Who claimed we only thought the finals concept is garbage was because "we are chokers who can't win one"...

Who told us to "suck it up" after the refereeing clusterf**k from Shield in '08...

Who made the big tifo in the first F3D after Orange Sunday #1 titled 'Always the bridesmaids, never the bride'...

Who seriously discussed buying Roar jerseys and wearing them to Newie airport to greet our players and travelling fans the day after Orange Sunday #1...

Who abused us (verbally or physically) when leaving Hunter Stadium after any loss there in the seasons since...

Who went and bought out all the wooden spoons in Gosford the moment f/t sounded in the Nix v City game...

Who made shirts of Hutcho crying after losing against the Roar...

Who made the 'Stars Are For Champions' tifo...

You can all kindly lick the stinking, unwiped anus of defeat.

THAT'S what it feels like to get dudded in a Grand Final, motherf**kers. Now you know how it feels.

Yes- the Tards are a grubby team and I hate that gypsy up front and their scumbag coach and nearly every non-Mariner involved with that festering turd of a football team and their pretentious wannabe ultra fans, who can kindly fight the RBB in a cage to the death on pay-per-view for all I care (and the betterment of society)

But...as much as I know how it feels to lose a GF when you thought you'd win it, I can't say I know how it feels to watch another team hoist the trophy on your home turf.

Tell us- what's it like?

And furthermore, what's it like to finish 3rd in a 2-horse race?

I can think of another team whose fans had to watch somebody else celebrate winning something on their home ground, some years ago...

You should change your name to Newcastle Jetspur

11 years and won f**k all...

(And btw, how much do you love O'Donovan now?)

I'll just leave this here- a trophy cabinet full of your achievements for season 2017/18:

eLGyDYr.jpg

Offsider

If you go back to my post on the GF win vs WSW 5 years back, I mentioned that in the week leading up to the game I switched on Triple J one day to hear 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' by Elvis- having NEVER heard it on JJJ before- and took it as a good omen for us...

So last Sunday, out for a walk I passed Florida Beach Bar and heard 'Stand By Me'. Then a few days later, over in Sacramento one night I'm walking along when again I hear 'Stand By Me' playing from a venue. I took this as a sign the Tards would win. Yuck.

Anyway, I went to bed last night (about 2pm AEST) and switched my phone to silent, knowing certain people would be messaging me during the game in the early hours. I woke up this morning to find the following messages:

(Roar Fan #1): 'I am sorry but I don't care what you say. You're a Jets supporter tonight whether you like it or not' (Nope, sorry)

(CCM Fan): 'I seem to remember Scum fans holding the "We've never lost a GF" over us...boy I hope that changes in an hour' (You and me both!)

(Roar Fan #2): 'Hahahahaha O'Donovan!' (Considering this mate wanted Jest to win, I at first thought he must've been red-carded...but then maybe he scored the match winner deep into injury time?)

I had to wake, pack my bags and then leave the place I'd been staying with my family. Wasn't until we got to a cafe for breakfast and I sat down I logged onto Fb and got the full story. And realised my first thought about the 'Hahaha O'Donovan' message had (thankfully) been spot-on!

Now: To every Scum fan who boasted about having never lost a GF...

Who claimed we only thought the finals concept is garbage was because "we are chokers who can't win one"...

Who told us to "suck it up" after the refereeing clusterf**k from Shield in '08...

Who made the big tifo in the first F3D after Orange Sunday #1 titled 'Always the bridesmaids, never the bride'...

Who seriously discussed buying Roar jerseys and wearing them to Newie airport to greet our players and travelling fans the day after Orange Sunday #1...

Who abused us (verbally or physically) when leaving Hunter Stadium after any loss there in the seasons since...

Who went and bought out all the wooden spoons in Gosford the moment f/t sounded in the Nix v City game...

Who made shirts of Hutcho crying after losing against the Roar...

Who made the 'Stars Are For Champions' tifo...

You can all kindly lick the stinking, unwiped anus of defeat.

THAT'S what it feels like to get dudded in a Grand Final, motherf**kers. Now you know how it feels.

Yes- the Tards are a grubby team and I hate that gypsy up front and their scumbag coach and nearly every non-Mariner involved with that festering turd of a football team and their pretentious wannabe ultra fans, who can kindly fight the RBB in a cage to the death on pay-per-view for all I care (and the betterment of society)

But...as much as I know how it feels to lose a GF when you thought you'd win it, I can't say I know how it feels to watch another team hoist the trophy on your home turf.

Tell us- what's it like?

And furthermore, what's it like to finish 3rd in a 2-horse race?

I can think of another team whose fans had to watch somebody else celebrate winning something on their home ground, some years ago...

You should change your name to Newcastle Jetspur

11 years and won f**k all...

(And btw, how much do you love O'Donovan now?)

I'll just leave this here- a trophy cabinet full of your achievements for season 2017/18:

eLGyDYr.jpg

Now now ........... why don’t you tell us how you REALLY feel ????

Scotty

I can see why the Jest fans would be filthy with the VAR decision. Perhaps if the assistant referee had picked it up, they may not have lost the GF.

Reminds me of a similar incident in the 2008 GF that featured the Jets. The assistant referee missed a blatant handball in the box from James Holland while defending a corner.

KARMA!! :vhappy:

pjennings

I can see why the Jest fans would be filthy with the VAR decision. Perhaps if the assistant referee had picked it up, they may not have lost the GF.

Reminds me of a similar incident in the 2008 GF that featured the Jets. The assistant referee missed a blatant handball in the box from James Holland while defending a corner.

KARMA!! :vhappy:

The point though is that both Shields and the closet AR claim they were unsighted. Shields consulted the other AR who said it was a clear handball. Shields, in spite of being unsighted himself stood by his unsighted decision. He then proceeded to make sure that Danny was out for a long time by standing by his decision at Danny's hearings. According to Lawrie, months later he apologised to Lawrie and made his apologies, and never refereed again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred