• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Pirate Pete

First time I've ever seen a keeper actually duck under the ball at a free kick.
Also, interesting scenes with the red card later.
yes, I wondered what the hell Izzo was doing too.
I don't think that was a sending off.
Ooohh, it must have been the slap that sent Williams to the floor that sealed it though.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

yes, I wondered what the hell Izzo was doing too.
I don't think that was a sending off.
Ooohh, it must have been the slap that sent Williams to the floor that sealed it though.
I don't think the ref had a choice. A year or two ago the LOTG introduced clarification on violent conduct which says that any deliberate strike to the head or face that's off-the-ball must be a red card unless it's negligible contact.
given that they wouldn't have introduced that change without reason, it's generally considered that they're trying to see harsher action that what's already out there. That is, lowering the bar for what's a red card, quite severely, but still allowing the ref a little bit of leeway for the silly little put on the head to annoy your opponent as you run past, or pat on the cheek when you're tangled up with your opponent.

I'm quite confidence that this sort of incident - a blatant reach out of the arm and slap to the cheek is precisely what the law change is aimed at. I know there isn't a lot of force, but I don't think this is 'negligible' by the intent of the law, I think this sort of 'light but blatant' is exactly what IFAB are trying to stamp out.

However, Williams is a cheating scumbag and a disgrace to the game. There's this idea amongst referees (and a lot of fans) that if there's contact it's not a dive. That's BS. Williams should have been booked.

And the MRP should suspend him - Williams' actions bring the game into disrepute. but the MRP don't suspend for dives when there is contact, which is a joke.

On a side note, I also think he needs to face further action for grabbing the ref to get in his face to argue and remonstrate with him. this shit needs to stop.
and following from that, should the MRP issue him show cause notice, then the FFA need to be asking AU to justify why twice in 2 weeks there have been players sent off and facing further action for actions against the ref

pjennings

City with the corner - the ball comes clear and the Perth get the win down the other end. Would have loved the VAR to look at the corner with Brimmer all over Fornaroli. Could easily have given City the penalty. That would have got a reaction from Kenny!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So the much vaunted Adelaide United signee comes on, 10 mins later red card and gone, sure the slap was stupid but it wasn’t hard and the dive by the victory dog was ridiculous

Big Al

So the much vaunted Adelaide United signee comes on, 10 mins later red card and gone, sure the slap was stupid but it wasn’t hard and the dive by the victory dog was ridiculous
Apparently the red was because it wasn’t Berisha he slapped

Big Al

Nice keeping by Redmayne. Both these keepers are prone to these howlers.

Well FFA get what they deserve putting a derby on Sunday and then it pisses down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred