• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Pirate Pete

Nice keeping by Redmayne. Both these keepers are prone to these howlers.

Well FFA get what they deserve putting a derby on Sunday and then it pisses down.

I was thinking when Wanderers scored that Redmayne has only let so few goals in as he's protected by their defence.
When FC scored the bench all went up apart from Crawford. He didn't look happy. Probably because he has to coach Redmayne.

Pirate Pete

ooooooohhhhh, just turned it on.

Some Irish bloke sent off for Newcastle.
bollocks, missed it.

Boogard kind of blocks the view but it looked like Roy touched the ref too.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well he hasn't changed...sick of the pathetic play acting w're starting to see in the league though. Would love to see a card for that garbage.
I wonder if O'donovan's history will lengthen his suspension.....Anybody should see 3-4 weeks for that, IMO.

Big Al

What was Boozo on about. Red every day closed fist to the head.
Bujis should be embarrassed as well.

Was in and out during the game but a great crowd deserved that result. The 10 men curse hit Sydney

Wombat

Never a red card.
And that Sydney dickhead rolling around like an absolute girl is a disgrace to our sport. I'd like to see him banned and as usual the VAR is a blight on the game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Looked like a punch to me. Can't wait for his version of why it wasn't a punch at the disciplinary hearing.
Yep, this is pretty obvious. It may not have connected with a lot of force, but you don't need much force to cause a fair bit of pain to the nose. This isn't NRL in the 80s. Anybody who thinks it wasn't a red card has no idea what they're on about. Especially for a blatant action like that, pretty much any contact is going to see a red card - and rightly so. Bear in mind that you don't even need to make contact - try to strike somebody in the face and you're going to see red even if you miss.
Of course, the question (again) is - how on earth did the ref and AR miss it? VAR shouldn't have been needed here. But given they did miss it, that's a perfect situation for VAR. Especially given he would be suspended by the MRP anyway if he stayed on the pitch. VAR ensured the referee error actually had minimal impact on the pitch. Took too long, no doubt, but the overall impact was, at least, reduced.

Had he stayed on but been suspended by the MRP, then SFC have a very valid complaint that the entire match was affected and a 1 goal win by Newy then gets attributed to them incorrectly having 11 players, which takes away from the entire result of the game.

Wombat

LOL, you must have played as a defender. :D
Punch or not, it was a fist delivered to the face (punch) and deserving of a red card.

Yes. The occasional game at DM but anywhere along the back 4 for me:innocent:. We do what we need to do!

It's not even a bitch slap more a clumsy attempt with a flailing arm to get past the defender who deliberately blocks his line.....good defending.

The Sydney defender should be made to wear a blouse at training this week.

Pirate Pete

giphy.gif

MagpieMariner

People been saying we'd have scored more goals if we'd kept ROD, but how many matches would he have played? He's hardly been on the paddock for Newy, and now he'll be gone for a few more weeks. With his past form he'll probably be lucky to be back this season.

Pirate Pete

People been saying we'd have scored more goals if we'd kept ROD, but how many matches would he have played? He's hardly been on the paddock for Newy, and now he'll be gone for a few more weeks. With his past form he'll probably be lucky to be back this season.

I agree Mate. As Cap'n said earlier. He hasn't changed.
Same old, same old.

pjennings

I'm not going to get into the argument about Roy. However, my first thought was obstruction from Bujis. After video replays I'm still not sure that Roy hit him or even meant to him. The replays I saw seemed to indicate that he was trying to step inside Bujis and his arm went around him. I saw no clear punch or attempted punch though given his lengthy experience I'm sure that a sneaky one was a possibility.

If we are going to use VAR then it needs to be used by viewing all angles once only at normal speed. No repeated replays, no slow motion, no frame-by-frame. If these techniques are the ones used to make a decision then it is not a 'clear and obvious error'. For me that was not a red card in that even after the replays I saw I'm not sure of the offence.

Pirate Pete

Sorry PJ, that was a punch. I agree that there was a bit of obstruction.
But it was a punch.

Just reading the SMH though and they seem to agree with you.
Although, this "it wasn't deliberate" is bollocks.

Bosnich and Thompson said O’Donovan did not deserve a red card.

“All I know is that Roy O’Donovan says he did not do anything deliberate,” Merrick said.

“He may have struck the centre back, but it wasn’t deliberate. He even apologised to him.

“But knowing Roy, if he says that, he means it.”

O’Donovan, who copped an eight-match ban two years ago for headbutting Wellington’s Manny Muscat while playing for Central Coast, now faces a nervous wait to find out what charge he is facing.

Merrick said it would be up to Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna whether to appeal against any suspension.

Pirate Pete

Another thing I noticed last night. Boogard was fouled. They mentioned he'd just come back from injury.
But no hysteria on how the other players should go soft on him.
They went off their nuts about Monty and Wout's challenges on players who been out injured.

pjennings

Pirate Pete - again - I didn't see it as a punch in real time and it is unclear on the replays I saw. Did you see a punch in real time or in non slow motion replays?

My point was about the VAR - not whether Roy punched him or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred