• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

Same shit, different day!

Nothing has changed compared to last week. Played worse in the 1st half, Blazek was unstable, Hanover score the 1:0 after a free kick.
Vittek and Misimovic came in for the 2nd half, the latter scored the draw. Got the 2:1 after 65mins.

We just played kick and rush with Koller and just once over the wings - which led to Misimovic's goal.

Now we are 2 points behind the saving spot.

Meggsy wasn't in the squad as well as Vidosic. Spiro sat on the bench.

Btw Kennedy scored again for Karlsruhe...don't want to know what occured in Nrnberg concerning him...

happy

It's Meggsy's birthday today. Hopefully we get him a good birthday present and win against Hamburg tomorrow.

This gonna be a tough match. I doubt that we get a point but we will see.

Spiro is injured and I think Meggsy will be on the bench.

happy

Spiro will miss the next few weeks due to a rupture of a muscle fibre at the adductors.
That's sad for him as he just recovered from an other injury.

happy

We played Hamburg yesterday and gained a 0:0 draw but misplayed a penalty shortly before half time.
It was the first match since a long time with no Australian in the squad.

Our defense did much better which was because of the new goalkeeper who did a lot of communication with his mates.
Our offense did better aswell as Koller was suspended for that match and we didn't do any kick and rush yesterday. But we didn't score which is still our main problem.

The gained point doesn't help us that much as we still are in the relagation zone.
Next week we have to play Leverkusen away without Pinola who is suspended due to his 5th yellow card.

happy

fish said:
never mind the results, how good are the tifos, that is absolutley fantastic

we have to mind about the results as we don't want to relegate...so we need some more points, goals and good results.

tifo=fans?

dibo

a draw against hamburg is still a good result, though unfortunately in different circumstances to this time last year when der club were in the same part of the league table.

happy

The same procedure as every match day.

Lost 4:1 in Leverkusen. I've just seen the 2nd half and it was not good!

We have to get much better very soon otherwise we relegate - which is very possible now.

We have to play Bochum at home on Easter Saturday and have to win against them.

No Australian was in the squad today.

happy

It doesn't get better. :-\

Can't say anything about the match as I haven't been to the stadium but according to some friends it must have been horrible. We just played 1:1 against Bochum.
Spiranovic was on the bench and Vidosic played for the reserve.

We have to face Bayern Munich at home next Saturday.

happy

The bad sportive situation is accompanied by disputes within the different fan organisations within the stadium.

It all started with the issue of an ultimatum: if the team didn't play better and get some points in the matches against Hamburg and Leverkusen the fans will boycott support at the match against Bochum (this was last weekend).
After the match against Leverkusen where the fans left early the team wrote a quite ridiculous letter to the fans in which they stated that they knew what the situation is like and that they will do everything that's possible to avoid relegation.
Hereupon, the Ultras (a fan organisation who lead the curve) had an appointment with the team last Thursday, 2 days before the match against Bochum. The fans just wanted the players to repeat the statements they made in the letter - but no player could or wouldn't do that.

The result was that the Ultras wanted to boycott support for at least 19min. The end was that they boycotted for over an hour which lead to the mentioned disputes with other fans - the police had to arbitrate. :(

All the fans have the impression that some player don't want to give everything they can on the pitch for the Club. This is a very bad state...
Vittek had an interview with a Slovakian paper in which he stated the following:
Q: Are you missing self-possession ?
R.V.: Yes I do, but its not only my problem, whole team is missing self-possession.
Cant help myself but Ive got a feeling some team-mates dont want to cooperate with me. Im running and waiting on ball but balls dont come. In Leverkusen was waiting on back pass from Saenko and it didnt come, otherwise Id be in 100% chance. Misimovic was overlooking me whole game long as well. Its a shame, atmosphere in locker room isnt good.

This confirms the impression we received from the team for quite a long time. Kennedy said the same after his move to Karlsruhe; he said sth like that he now plays in a team and that Nrnberg hasn't one.

The peak is that a player who doesn't want to be mentioned said to a journalist that he doesn't care about what is happening in Nrnberg.

Don't know if you are interested in all that stuff surrounding the matches...

Meggsy can be glad that he wasn't in Nrnberg during the last week. I feel sorry for all the young players who just want to play and not getting involved with "team politics".

I personally don't think that we will avoid relegation as long as the squad isn't a team and as long as they don't fight for each other on the pitch. When they start doing that it can be too late.

It's so sad that everything is ruined within just a year.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hopefully sth like this never happens to you!

Bear

That is terrible. Players should just harden the f**k up and put in 110% like they are PAID to do, bunch of overpaid cry babys

happy

We played Bayern Munich at home yesterday and gained a surprisingly 1:1 draw. We had some good chances to score the 2:0 (Koller wasn't able to get the ball into the goal standing 5 meters away) which would have been the preliminary decision as Bayern wasn't that good but we did 500% better than the last times.
Bayern had 3 chances in the whole 90mins - the first one after 14seconds but Luca Toni failed - Podolski scored the draw 9 mins before the end.

Unfortunately, Duisburg won away in Bremen, Cottbus at home against Berlin and Bielefeld got a draw in Hamburg and now we are last in the league - 3 points away from the safing spot....

We are damned to win next week in Frankfurt - and I hope we do so as I will be there to watch ;D

Meggsy wasn't in the squad, Spiro was on the bench and Vidosic played for the reserves.

dibo

saw that result this morning! great stuff, just really unlucky with the duisburg, cottbus and arminia bielefeld results...

happy

It's nearly unbelievable but we won 3:1 away in Frankfurt.
I will write more about the match and some incidences around the match, i.e. an interruption of the match, later that day when I am sober ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spiro played the whole 90 mins, Meggsy was on the bench

dibo

happy said:
It's nearly unbelievable but we won 3:1 away in Frankfurt.
I will write more about the match and some incidences around the match, i.e. an interruption of the match, later that day when I am sober ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spiro played the whole 90 mins, Meggsy was on the bench
awesome news!

happy

As stated before here is the detailed match report.

We won 3:1 in Frankfurt, Charisteas, Vittek and Misimovic scored. Spiro payed the whole 90 mins but Frankfurt scored with their first attack the 1:0.
The match was overshadowed by 3 bangers and 1 signal rocket which were thrown onto the pitch by some so-called fans in the Nrnberg stand.
The ref interrupted the match after the signal rocket and they discussed whether the match should be continued or broken off. After a break of 20 mins the match re-started. But there was the thread that the match will be broken off if there is any repetition of throwing bangers or rockets on the pitch.
Our president spoke to the fans during the 20mins break that the stand will be evacuated if there is anymore incident occuring.

After the match we weren't able to get to our busses as there was a police line which "collected" all the fans and we were guided by police men to the busses. The match ended at 5.40pm and we left our parking lot at 7.30pm...

So it was a quite exciting day. :)

happy

marinermick said:
congrats sandra

the sooner we cap spiro the better

Spiro did quite well when considering that he hasn't played for a while and actually should just have been on the bench in Frankfurt. But Glauber got injured while warming up before the match.
He was a bit unsure at the beginning of the match but got better during the match.

Arabmariner

Sat 12th april

FC Nurnberg v Wolfsburg

Stetanta Sports Live 4.30 am

Think I,ll get up and watch that before the kids get up and Disney channel takes over!!!  ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred