• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

The match tomorrow (3.30 p.m. CET) against Rostock is some kind of "do or die". We have to win otherwise (if we lose) we are 5 points behind Rostock who are currently 15th...and if everything goes wrong we could be 18th in the league after the match...

Spiro is back but will play for the reserves according to fcn.de.
I don't know who will defend as Wolf is suspended for the match and Meggsy didn't look that well last week. So we will get surprised ::)

Tassiemariner

Meggsy isn't in the best of form. i saw the 2nd goal from last week and meggsy was at fault. got caught ball watching massively.

Are you at home against Rostock??

happy

Foriegnmariner said:
Meggsy isn't in the best of form. i saw the 2nd goal from last week and meggsy was at fault. got caught ball watching massively.

Are you at home against Rostock??

The very shocking fact is that it seems that the new defender we contracted in the winter break isn't much better than the defenders we have. Although Meggsy isn't in his best form he played and not the new one. Why?!

Yes, we are playing at home. Although we are playing crappy there will be an expected attendence of 40,000.
And the weather seems to be good. We have about 8C at the moment and no snow, remember we have winter, actually.

happy

According to several papers Meggsy isn't in the line up today, just on the bench.

Wish us luck it's gonna be a very tough match...a fight...I'm gonna tell you how it all went...

happy

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
1:1, I am speechless...it was crap...
Meggsy started and did better than last week but he was crap aswell as the rest of the team...
if we continue playing like that we will face relegation...Rostock has achieved only 3 points of their away matches and didn't score any away goal the last 8 matches...

We have to go to Lisbon next Thursday. Actually I was looking forward to that match but now I don't know what to think about it...

happy

Due to the situation in the league and the last games 1. FC nrnberg has fired the coach Hans Meyer yesterday.
Our new coach is Thomas von Heesen, a young German coach.

brett

It always seems to happen to mid-table European clubs...they have a great season and get into Europe and then the next season in the league they do terribly. I don't understand why?

happy

brett said:
It always seems to happen to mid-table European clubs...they have a great season and get into Europe and then the next season in the league they do terribly. I don't understand why?
I don't know but that is quite an interesting phenomenon. Maybe it has sth to do with expectations that are too high after a great season/a victory?
I just may speak of Nrnberg. We are used to a level the team plays on like the one they are doing at the moment maybe a bit better as we never saw anything else during the last years. We moved regularly between the 1st and 2nd league. The last year was a "mistake" as we played football very well and won the German Cup. Many people, actually the new "success fans" i.e. those people who started to come to the stadium when we were playing well, don't know the past years so they think that we will go on playing like we did last year. And those are mainly the ones who aren't patient enough....Don't know if that is a logical explanation but in my opinion, the environment plays a huge role and of course the mental state of the players.

happy

Our match against Benfica Lissabon has just ended. We lost 1:0 after a disastrous failing of our goal keeper. ::)
Can't really say if we played better than we did the last matches.
Meggsy didn't play as he was suspended due to his 3rd yellow card in UEFA matches.

brett

happy said:
brett said:
I don't know but that is quite an interesting phenomenon. Maybe it has sth to do with expectations that are too high after a great season/a victory?
I just may speak of Nrnberg. We are used to a level the team plays on like the one they are doing at the moment maybe a bit better as we never saw anything else during the last years. We moved regularly between the 1st and 2nd league. The last year was a "mistake" as we played football very well and won the German Cup. Many people, actually the new "success fans" i.e. those people who started to come to the stadium when we were playing well, don't know the past years so they think that we will go on playing like we did last year. And those are mainly the ones who aren't patient enough....Don't know if that is a logical explanation but in my opinion, the environment plays a huge role and of course the mental state of the players.

Very well explained.

We call those fans 'part-time fans' or 'bandwagon fans'. Sydney FC is famous for them ;)

Tassiemariner

Happy, Do you still think Blazek should be your keeper?

I really like him but his form this year hasn't been good. The goal against benfica was a shocker.

happy

Foriegnmariner said:

I really like him but his form this year hasn't been good. The goal against benfica was a shocker.
I don't know if he should still be our keeper. The problem is that this wasn't his first failing. He didn't have many failures which led to goals but he has a very nervous appearance from the very beginning. His nerviness makes our defense insecure...
But the problem is that our 2nd goalkeeper Klewer hasn't played that much during the last years. He just played some Cup matches but did quite well.
I don't know what the best solution is. But I don't think that there will be a change as the new coach stated after yesterdays match that he won't discuss about the goalkeeper now...

We will see who plays against Bremen (away) tomorrow.

Did you see the match or just the goal?

happy

brett said:
happy said:
brett said:

Very well explained.

We call those fans 'part-time fans' or 'bandwagon fans'. Sydney FC is famous for them ;)

'part-time fans' - I like that expression. That's good ;D

dibo

happy said:
Foriegnmariner said:

I don't know if he should still be our keeper. The problem is that this wasn't his first failing. He didn't have many failures which led to goals but he has a very nervous appearance from the very beginning. His nerviness makes our defense insecure...
But the problem is that our 2nd goalkeeper Klewer hasn't played that much during the last years. He just played some Cup matches but did quite well.
I don't know what the best solution is. But I don't think that there will be a change as the new coach stated after yesterdays match that he won't discuss about the goalkeeper now...

losing raphael schafer in the off-season to stuttgart could explain part of the defensive frailty - having a keeper who knows everyone in the club makes a big difference and last year obviously FCN were a different prospect at the back.

this year, with mostly the same personnel (if anything it seems there are less injuries) the defence has been sloppy. some of the players like meggsy would have had their frailties covered a bit better with a better keeper behind him too.

happy

dibo said:
happy said:
Foriegnmariner said:

losing raphael schafer in the off-season to stuttgart could explain part of the defensive frailty - having a keeper who knows everyone in the club makes a big difference and last year obviously FCN were a different prospect at the back.

this year, with mostly the same personnel (if anything it seems there are less injuries) the defence has been sloppy. some of the players like meggsy would have had their frailties covered a bit better with a better keeper behind him too.
Losing Raphael Schfer is a reason too. But I don't think that is is the only reason why we are that poor in the defense. It is true that he was well-rehearsed with the defenders. He sits on the bench in Stuttgart at the moment, which makes we wondering if his move was the right way... But on the other hand Balzek now had a lot of games to get familiar with the players...

We do have a lot of injuries since the beginning of the season but they are all offense players. Vittek seems to come back next week for the match against Benfica but it is unsure when Misimovic and Mintal get back to the squad.
Spiro is back in training and maybe he will be in the squad again very soon. :) Edit: He was on the bench yesterday...

happy

Omni said:
1-0 Loss away to Benfica, that's not too bad a result!
It definitely is not bad. But it is a dangerous result too. If Benfica scores one goal next Thursday we need to score 3 to get to the next round...And I doubt that we are able to score 3 goals. The 2 goals we have to score are tough enough...A draw would have been the best result.

happy

We are playing Bremen away this afternoon. I don't expect anything as it is just 40 hours after the match in Lisbon. The line up will likely be the same as against Benfica with Meggsy, Spiro and Vidosic sitting on the bench.

happy

We lost again...2:0
Started very well and it seemed that the team wanted to get at least 1 point today but Saenko was sent off after 20mins due to 2 yellow cards within 5 mins...That was the moment the match changed. From that point of time we played a lot more defensive.
Bremen was not good but scored twice as 2 players of Nrnberg slept in 2 situations.

In addition to our situation in the league we don't have any offensive players for the match agains Cottbus next Sunday which is very very much important. Hopefully Vittek may play a few minutes against Benfica and then against Cottbus.
Our defense was a lot better than last week and we tried to play much more offensive until the 20th min.

Meggsy and Spiro stayed on the bench the whole match and Vidosic came in somewhen around the 75th min.

Tassiemariner

You guys played great in the 1st 20min. Should of scored but for your strikers (kristansen??) miss of the year.

Stupid red card though. I watched the whole game. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred