• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

Omni said:
it'll be tough but doable, you got the game you wanted :)

Yeah, it's gonna be very tough. I'm just really looking forward fo these 2 matches...this gonna be fun.
It's great to see that players like Nuno Gomes, Luisao and Rui Costa are coming to play in our stadium against our club in an official match. That's so good. We've waited so long for that.
If we should win against Benfica we will play the winner of Athens/Getafe in the round of the last 16 then.

happy

This post has less to do with 1. FC Nrnberg but with the city of Nuremberg.
As it is Christmas time I thought about telling you a bit about the "Christmas City" Nuremberg.

As you probably know Nuremberg hosts the world famous "Christkindlesmarkt". It is a market which starts every year on Friday before the first advent. It is opened with a speech of the so-called "Christkind" (Christ Child). It stand on a balcony of a church and helds its speech which is witnessed every year by thousands of people from all over the world in Nuremberg and is broadcasted in many countries.
The Christkind is elected every 2 years.

Every year the footballer of the Club barbecue sausages, the so-called Nrnberger Rostbratwrste (they are much smaller than normal sausages) for a good cause.

I've been to the Christkindlesmarkt last Monday but unfortunately I didn't see them barbecueing. Just saw Spiro walking around the market.

To get an impression here are some pictures:

dsc00187uk3.jpg

This is a speciality of the Christkindlesmarkt and of Frankonia. These are the so-called "Zwedschgenmnnla". These are figures made out of dried plums. You can't eat them.

dsc00194uw9.jpg

This is the 2nd speciality, the Lebkuchen; gingerbread. They are produced in Nrnberg.

dsc00217go4.jpg

This is the sign that shows the way to the Christkindlesmarkt.

dsc00223ae4.jpg

That's how the Christkind looks like. During Christmastime it appears like this in and around Nrnberg.

dsc00227ci2.jpg

That's how Nrnberg looks like at Christmas. Unfortunately, we don't have snow at the moment here in Germany.

However, it is very cold - we do have -5C at the moment- you have to drink mulled wine which is also a speciality made in Nuremberg.

happy

According to the most serious sports magazine there are 2 clubs which are seriously interested in contracting Josh Kennedy. This is Mainz 05 (play in the 2nd league) and Energie Cottbus (our opponent in the 1st league).

happy

Josh Kennedy won't move to Energie Cottbus as it is written on the homepage of Energie.
They don't want him anymore as they wanted to contract him on a long-term basis but he just wanted a short-term contract.

Andy

Apparently Jan Koller has agreed to terms with Nurnberg.

Whack him up front with Kennedy and you'd probably have the tallest strike force in the league.

happy

Yes, that's true. Jan Koller and Nuremberg have agred that he may come in the current transfer window. But the clubs, Monaco and Nuremberg, haven't agreed on the money Nuremberg has to pay yet...so it is unsure when he will come...

I personally don't think that Kennedy will stay. Today's paper write that Karlsruhe is interested in singing him. But nothing is sure so far.

happy

The serious sports magazine "Kicker" writes that Kennedy is likely to move to Karlsruhe. They write that he left the training camp in Portugal this morning to fly back to Germany and negotiate "last things" with Karlsruhe.

The same paper published a ranking of the worst defenders of the first part of the season. According to this ranking, Meggsy was the 2nd worst defender of the Bundesliga...
In my opinion it is abnormal to publish such a ranking.

happy

It is fixed now. Kennedy leaves and moves to Karlsruhe.
We are playing Karlsruhe away on Feb 2nd, the first match of the 2nd half of the season....

Bear

Thats a good swap for you guys, Kennardy for Koller. He at least can be counted on to score the goals needed to keep you up

happy

Sorry for not writing for such a long time.

Nothing happened at Nuremberg during the winter break, except of Kennedy's move to Karlsruhe.
We had our last trial match yesterday against Grashoppers Zurich, Switzerland, it was a 3:3 trial. I can't say anything about that match as I haven't seen it.

Bear

What transfers have you guys had happy? Any good players coming in to turn things around?

happy

Bearinator said:
What transfers have you guys had happy? Any good players coming in to turn things around?

Well, we just had four transfers.
Pagenburg, a young striker moved to 1860 Munich and Kennedy to Karlsruhe.
We contracted two players. The French defender Jacques Abardonade who joined us from Nice and the Czech striker Jan Koller from AS Monaco.

I haven't seen them playing so far.

We are starting the 2nd leg of the season at Karlsruhe on Saturday Feb, 2nd.

Edit: Pinola is back in the squad and is likely to play on Saturday. Vittek has gone back to training with the squad and wants to play against Lisbon on Feb 21st when we got our home match.

happy

The new year starts the way the last one end...
We lost our away match in Karlsruhe 2:0...
Kennedy scored the 2nd goal for them

I can't say anything about that match as I haven't seen it neither at the stadium nor on TV I just listened to it on the radio...But it wasn't a good match.

Meggsy came in after 60 mins when Andy Wolf was sent off due to  2 yellow cards during the match.
According to what I read in the FCN forum he was responsible for the 2nd goal of Karlsruhe and hasn't played that well the other time....Don't know if this is true as I haven't seen the match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred