• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

Foriegnmariner said:
You guys played great in the 1st 20min. Should of scored but for your strikers (kristansen??) miss of the year.

Stupid red card though. I watched the whole game. 

It was broadcasted in Australia? That's great stuff!
Yes, it was Kristiansen...He scored once since playing for Nrnberg and that was the 3rd goal in the Cup final last year...

marinermick

happy said:
Foriegnmariner said:
You guys played great in the 1st 20min. Should of scored but for your strikers (kristansen??) miss of the year.

Stupid red card though. I watched the whole game. 

It was broadcasted in Australia? That's great stuff!
Yes, it was Kristiansen...He scored once since playing for Nrnberg and that was the 3rd goal in the Cup final last year...

happy (sandra) just joined facebook, so message her if you want to add as a friend

serious14

Omni said:
It's on Setanta, not many people have it, some do.

;D ;D ;D

Just so you're all aware, Nurnberg's UEFA Cup second leg tie against Benfica on Thursday night is on the televisual box here, 6am Friday morning on Setanta.

happy

serious14 said:
Omni said:
It's on Setanta, not many people have it, some do.

;D ;D ;D

Just so you're all aware, Nurnberg's UEFA Cup second leg tie against Benfica on Thursday night is on the televisual box here, 6am Friday morning on Setanta.

I think it must be 7am as we play 9pm Thursday night.
There's a time lag of 10h at the moment...

serious14

Correct - my mistake.

If you don't mind me asking Happy, how much are ticket prices to Nurnberg home games on average??

happy

serious14 said:
Correct - my mistake.

If you don't mind me asking Happy, how much are ticket prices to Nurnberg home games on average??

Well, it depends on the opponent. When we play Bayern Munich the tickets are much more expensive when playing Wolfsburg.
Where I am sitting I would say that the average is about 23 (AUD 36) (not counting the match against Bayern as you have to pay a special amount of money as it is Bayern...), the average on the main stand opposite is about 37 (AUD 59) and on the main stand 45 (AUD 45).
If you want to get a VIP ticket you have to pay 300 (AUD 480) including ticket, parking lot and f&b.
When playing Bayern Munich you pay 35 (AUD 56) for the place I am, 55 (AUD 120) for the main stand opposite and 75 for the main stand.
My ticket for the match against Lisbon is 25 (AUD 40).
This may sound very expensive but Nrnberg is one of the clubs with the cheapest tickets. And all tickets include transport via train to and from the stadium within the public transport system.
I don't care about the prices of a daily ticket as I got a season ticket :)

happy

Omni said:
it's cheaper than the A-League Grand Final.

How much is it?
The Cup Final last year was 35, 45 and 55. It's just the price for a seat in the curve as we just could choose between these 3 categories.

brett

happy said:
Omni said:
it's cheaper than the A-League Grand Final.

How much is it?
The Cup Final last year was 35, 45 and 55. It's just the price for a seat in the curve as we just could choose between these 3 categories.

That's about the same as our Grand Final prices.

A$50 cheapest and A$85 most expensive.

happy

Today's the day of our probably last UEFA match.
We do have a real chance to proceed to the next round but it will be very difficult so I think we'll quit today.

Meggsy will be back as he was suspended for the first leg against Benfica. But don't know if he is playing.

Benfica will be playing with their best team - only Nuno Gomes will miss :(

There are also some positives aspects as Vittek and Mintal are back after their injuries and according to the papers they can play tonight.

happy

Just came home

It's so sad :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Played very well, lead 2:0 and got the drastic goal against us in the 89th min.......at the end it was 2:2

Everything was so great - the choreo, the atmosphere, the match - but now I'm only speechless.

Benfica wasn't good, I expected more of them.
Meggsy and Spiro were on the bench.

happy

After a night I might be able to write more about that tragic match.

We had some serious problems with Benfica during the 1st half as they played very fast and held the ball very well. But we should have scored 2 goals and go with a 2:0 lead in halftime break. But that happended. We started well in the 2nd half and scored 2 brilliant goals. Aditionally, Pinola shot on the post, that would have been the 3:0. Benfica didn't even have a single chance in the 2nd half - up to the 89th min. Still wondering how he ball got in...it was a very lucky goal for them. The 2:2 was a result of our attempt to score the 3:1 and happend in 90+3.

I was very disappointed of Rui Costa and Benfica itself.

Hopefully this match and result has no negative impact for the very much important match against Cottbus on Sunday.

happy

Our trip through Europe is over but we left with some remaining impressions. Not just because of the matches but especially with our choreos which were pretty awesome!
We had some choreographies in the UEFA-Cup matches that were based on the previous ones.

It all started in Berlin in the Cup final. Our last title was the championship in 1968, so it was a huge chance.

bild21.JPG

The text says:

"Even in 39 years without a title we were always proud and loyal. But once we are here we take the Cup with us."

You may notice that the person on the picture looks like Andy Capp, which is quite right, as this is the symbol person of the Ultras Nuremberg.

So in the first home match against Bucharest this person was flying over Europe:

bild14.JPG

For imagining the sizes of the whole thing: only the cloth in the centre was about 1200 square meters!

The text says: "Got the cup in Berlin, now let's have a look what the Club does in Europe"

And really really fantastic was that the Rapid supporters replied to that (even in German):

bild14.JPG

"You'll have to wait another 19 years" (our last international match was 19 years ago in 1988).

So we took that picture and continued the story in the match against Everton:

bild38.jpg

"Managed the danger of a crash over Bucharest, now we enjoy many beautiful hours in Europe".

In the Alkmaar match we continued travelling through Europe:

bild22.JPG

"Even over mountains, as over the sea, our love follows us to all places"

And against Benfica:

07_08_glubb_-_lissabon_pumuckl94_bild_001.JPG

07_08_glubb_-_lissabon_becks_bild_003.jpg

07_08_glubb_-_lissabon_becks_bild_005.jpg

bild1203664299.jpg

"Let this compass needle keep spinning and make dreams come true"
On the compass there are the places where we've travelled: St. Petersburg, Bucharest, Larissa, Lisbon (just think of a place in the north east end, which was left blank... could have been Manchester :))

Unfortunately it's all over now. :( :(

Here is a summary of the match with Portuguese comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0kO_nxcKc

happy

forzamariners said:
farken awesome choreo's
australia needs more andy capp

yeah and what makes it unique for me is that the choreos were based on the previous ones. I've never seen anything like that on TV or in a foreign stadium

happy

I don't know why it's always us!!!!
We led for about 30seconds! Not more!!!

Was an absolutely worse match against Cottbus - not comparable with the match last Thursday.

And we likely have another keeper next week as Blazek vituperated against the fans. The goal was his fault.

Meggsy and Spiro were on the bench.

We are now 16th in the league and the last 3 teams all have just 17 points. the 1st place to avoid relegation is 1 point away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred