• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

First of all, nice forum here.

According to one of our local papers, which is quite serious, it is said that if Josh wants to move to another team the Clubb will talk about it.
"He is able to to value his situation" says Martin Bader, after the Australian sat at the tribune the last few matches. "He was given a lot of chances after his long lasting injury but he couldn't achieve a starting spot although we had some problems with the strikers" Martin Bader said that Kennedy's perspectives playing with hte Club are rather small.

I personally don't know if this decision is right. It is true that he played sometimes worse when he played but isn't it normal after such an injury that you need time to get back in form?

Bear

happy said:
First of all, nice forum here.

According to one of our local papers, which is quite serious, it is said that if Josh wants to move to another team the Clubb will talk about it.
"He is able to to value his situation" says Martin Bader, after the Australian sat at the tribune the last few matches. "He was given a lot of chances after his long lasting injury but he couldn't achieve a starting spot although we had some problems with the strikers" Martin Bader said that Kennedy's perspectives playing with hte Club are rather small.

I personally don't know if this decision is right. It is true that he played sometimes worse when he played but isn't it normal after such an injury that you need time to get back in form?

Yes thats true, but as a club they need to think about their return. If he has another crap year, they wont be able to sell him for much. They want to take what they can now, before its get worse, and free up some wage money for another better striker, im sure. He will be picked up by someone, maybe english championship, but I dont think he is at the level for any of the top leagues out there, with the exception of maybe Scotland or Holland.

happy

Bearinator said:
Yes thats true, but as a club they need to think about their return. If he has another crap year, they wont be able to sell him for much. They want to take what they can now, before its get worse, and free up some wage money for another better striker, im sure. He will be picked up by someone, maybe english championship, but I dont think he is at the level for any of the top leagues out there, with the exception of maybe Scotland or Holland.

I'm with you and think that it's ok to "sell" him in order to gain some profit.
The problem is that we will get another striker in the winter break so that there is one too much.

Josh did very well in the 2nd league with Dresden and that was why we contracted him. As I statted before I personally think that it is the wrong decision if we "get rid of him" in the winter break. But we will see what happens.

It is a difficult decision.

There aren't any news considering Meggsy, Spiro or Dario. Meggsy is injured and the others are training.

happy

We have anew central defender contracted this week. It is the 29year old French Jacques Abardonado.
He has been playing for Nice for the last 5 years.
Can't tell you anything about him as I have never heard his name before.

dibo

that's not great for meggsy's chances there. i'm starting to think he won't be there after january, or the summer at the latest.

happy

dibo said:
that's not great for meggsy's chances there. i'm starting to think he won't be there after january, or the summer at the latest.
I'm not sure about this. If he has to leave/wants to leave it will be in the summer I think. Not in Jan as we need every defender we have for the upcoming matches. We will see what will happen.

There are some news referring to Josh: According to some newspapers Kickers Offenbach (they play in the 2nd league) are interested in contracting him. I am sure there are some other clubs which are interested in contracting him but nothing is definite so far.
I personally think he will leave in Jan as we want to contract a new striker until then. It is said and written that we are interested in the Czech international Jan Koller and that he has some interest in playing for us.
Of course nothing is definite o far as Koller will make his decision after Xmas. SO we have to be patient for some more time.

happy

As I stated on the old forum before, we have to play Schalke away today. It is going to be a tough match. I'm not that optimistic as we haven't gained any point on Schalke for years...so...We will see what happens this afternoon.

Spiro is back in the squad ans will likely be on the bench as well as Meggsy.

Today is this years last Bundesliga match. We play UEFA Cup in Larissa/Greece on Thursday.

happy

Thank god that the first part of that season is over. I never expected anything like that.
We lost 2:1 against Schalke after a desastrous first half when we were sleeping...Asamoah and an own goal of Engelhardt made sure that it was 2:0 at halftime. After the break we started playing football and Charisteas scored the 2:1 with a header after a corner. Misimovic set a direct free kick on the post and Mintal was fouled in the box in the 90th minute but we didn't get a penalty.
All in all it was a match that reflected the present season: we are not able to play both half times on the same level, don't have luck with the referees and when shooting at the goal and last but not least we have a lot of injured players. Today Galasek had to be substitued because of an injury. Don't know if he will be fit for Thursday's match in Larissa.

Meggsy started playing as central defender but changed after Galasek's substitution on the left back side. Didn't do that well.

I'd like to forget this part of the season and hope that it will be better next year.
All in all it was an outstanding football year for me as a Clubfan as we won teh German Cup Final, which is sth I never expected to happen in the next time. And because of that we are playing in Europe which is great aswell. The year can be finished very well if we win on Thursday.

happy

someone wrote in the official forum that Kennedy is likely to go to Cottbus (according to a tabloid in Cottbus). Kennedy said that he wanted to leave Nrnberg and wanted to stay in the Bundesliga. According to this article, 1860 Munich, which play in the 2nd league and as stated above, Offenbach, are also interested in contractin him.

I will keep you updated.

dibo

Omni said:
1860 Munich is that Agostino's old club?

sure is. i think ned zelic played a season or two there as well.

[wikichecking] indeed, he played 102 games for them. funny, because i always think of his time in germany as mainly being at dortmund... prob because he played champs league with them etc.

happy

If you are interested in watching the UEFA Cup match against Larissa you can do this via internet.
Here's the link:
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/content/369144?inPopup=true

Kick-off is at 8.45 p.m. CET, 7.45 a.m. your time.

Edit: when you activate the link you first have to choose the player you want to see it with (MediaPlayer or Quicktime) and the 2nd is with which broadband you surf. Then you have to click on "bernehmen"

happy

YEAH!!!! We made it!!!
Won 3:1 in Larissa and now we are 2nd in the group as Everton won against Alkmaar.
The draw for the next round is tomorrow at 1p.m. CET. We now have to face a club that just got 3rd in the Chanpions League groups (i.e. either Olympique Marseille, Rosenborg Trondheim, Benfica Lisbon, Glasgow Rangers, Sporting Lisbon, PSV Eindhoven or Slavia Prague).

Meggsy was in the starting XI. He started as a right defender and played quite ok. He got a yellow card, his 3rd, which means that he will miss the next UEFA Cup match.

Thiswas our last match before the winter break. Training starts again on Jan 4th, and our first match is in Karlsruhe on Feb 2nd. The next UEFA Cup match will be somewhen at the end of Feb. - it will be a match in Nrnberg(Feb 21st) and one away(Feb 13th) (don't know how the specific terms are).

Edit: I looked it up: the away leg is on Feb 13th and the home leg will take place on Feb 21st

happy

Omni said:
Brilliant - Rangers V Nurnberg for the final!

That would be a nice final.

My favourite for the next round will be Benfica Lisbon as Nuno Gomes plays there :)
But actually it doesn't matter as I can't get to the away match as I do have 2 exams on the next day...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb