• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

dibo

A huge part ... many argue the most important part of a coaches job is player recruitment, retention, and having a balanced squad..

On all these measurement as a club we have failed under the Moss rein .... recruitment with key recruits Kim, Bosnar, Mane .. retention weeMac, Berrine ... balanced squad we don't have a striker ...

Big call coming up for MC, does he let the current staff choose another say 3 key players in the January transfer window that will essentially be the backbone of our team for the next two years or so...
Some of those things can be the result of contract cycles and the salary cap. When we've got good young players, they're often relatively cheap. Their standard of play can rise faster than the cost of keeping them. Eventually though, it comes time to talk new contracts and we might be in no position to hang onto everyone.

Think about the wave of good young players we've had come through and hit their straps from 2009/10 or so: Ryan, Simon, Bozanic, Amini, Rogic, Ibini, Duke, McGlinchey, Roux...

Some of them we had playing together in their first year or two, so they were very cheap. We basically lucked into a rich seam of talent (thanks in large part to Tony Walmsley, who left in October 2012, a while before MC came on as owner). Their combined value would have been multiples of their wages, and when they move on we simply can't replace them 1-for-1.

Some of our other players get older and fall away, but their experience keeps them on bigger money. That squeezes the available cap space too.

You don't strike gold every day, so our standard falls relative to other clubs as we go into the recovery and rebuilding part of the cycle. We're running an extremely young squad this year, gambling again on kids, and I guess we've all got to hope that they come on as well as that wave from 2009 or so.

nearlyyellow

Big call coming up for MC, does he let the current staff choose another say 3 key players in the January transfer window that will essentially be the backbone of our team for the next two years or so...
Who would do it otherwise than the Football Department of CCMFC? The bovver boy just recruited from the UK?

midfielder

Dibo & Nearly Yellow

Dibo your call .... happy or not happy Jan

Signed:- Kim, Bosnar, Mane, Vernes, Sim, Poscoiero, Trifiro, Cernak,… plus resigned Matty…

Players lost to other clubs:- weeMac, Berine, and last year Rogic to MV…

Squad: - does not have a decent striker…

Key replacements for older players in key positions ie Hutch and Monty ... replacements are ????? to run on as they tire ...

NY ... A new coach as I said if you are impressed with the above you will see no reason to replace the coach...

nearlyyellow

Dibo & Nearly Yellow

Dibo your call .... happy or not happy Jan

Signed:- Kim, Bosnar, Mane, Vernes, Sim, Poscoiero, Trifiro, Cernak,… plus resigned Matty…

Players lost to other clubs:- weeMac, Berine, and last year Rogic to MV…

Squad: - does not have a decent striker…

Key replacements for older players in key positions ie Hutch and Monty ... replacements are ????? to run on as they tire ...

NY ... A new coach as I said if you are impressed with the above you will see no reason to replace the coach...
No, I think it's way too soon to replace the coach. Bear in mind he's still dealing with the dross left behind by the traitor Arnold's departure, and his sucking away of Ibini and Clark. McGlinchey went where the money was bigger. As it turned out he had no right to, but the owners of CCMFC accepted some financial recompense to mutually terminate his contract. Tom Rogic? We lost out in the bidding process to a much larger and better financed club, always going to happen.

Vernes? Too soon to judge that signing as no good, I think he's just starting to come good. Kim? Well, he had problems before he came here with his personal motivation, and nothing has changed that. Can't blame Mossy for that. Mane? He's obviously got huge problems being away from his new family, she wasn't able to get a visa as he was hoping, so he's collapsed in a heap. Not Mossy's fault again. Poscoliero shows promise, Trifiro and Cernak are OK off the bench imho. E. Bosnar, hmmm.

Yes, we don't have a key striker, Matty Simon and Dukey together aren't the top gun we need (think Berisha, Henrique, Burns, Keough etc.). But maybe with the release of Kim and Mane (sureties imho) we will be able to grab one fairly high priced striker to couple with Simon/Duke.

So your doom and gloom picture doesn't completely stand up to my humble scrutiny, but I'm ever the optimist. Time will tell and there's a lot of football to watch in the remainder of the season.

nearlyyellow

Probable confirmation that Mane has been released in this article by E. Bosnar.
I like this bit:

"But Bosnar said there is no truth to the rumours.

“There’s no problems, I don’t understand where that comes from,” the 34-year old said.

“People talk shit. It’s social media these days, everyone’s got their own opinion and put shit into social media and that’s how it gets out. There’s no truth about it.

“It happened last year when we were winning and no one said a word. That’s just the way it is, when you’re down everyone wants to kick you.

“I always say someone has to win and someone has to lose, not everyone can be first and not everyone can be last.

“Otherwise it wouldn’t be interesting. Someone always has to get hit over the ears, every season there’ someone who’s last or second last or third last who gets into trouble. That’s football, that’s the way it is. Last year it wasn’t us, it was someone else.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/no-ones-rocking-boat-mariners-says-bosnar#yKgj1M1x40Q7wfMs.99

midfielder

Middy, you missed my point completely.

No I understand what you said, just hold a different view ... squads will change over time and as you suggest there are cycles ..

My example is Manly, Souths and Parramatta in RL... regardless of what people think of Manly from the early 80's Parrmatta has had more to spend and wasted their money on so many crap players, Souths until recently could not get a BBQ going... Manly kept getting decend players that fitted their squad...

If I look at the Nix and AU same or similar budget as us ... look at who they got and PG the same some of the nothing players they have picked up...

Tis a real question given Phil was a head coach at Manly he can be judged by the players purchased to date and does that record make you feel warm and fuzzy about his future selections...

dibo

If you're determined to judge Moss's selections now, knock yourself out. I'm not, so ask me again at the end of the season.

Gratis

hmmm

"Mariners are on course to become the worst attacking side in A-League history. They have scored just five goals in nine games this season, at an average of 0.55 goals per game. New Zealand Knights, now just a memory as a club, has the worst figures - 13 goals in 21 games at 0.61 per game in 2006-2007.

Coach Phil Moss said after the 3-0 loss to Victory that Central Coast needed to bolster its attack, noting that "we haven't scored enough goals this season". He got that right. Mind you, Western Sydney Wanderers (six goals in nine games at 0.66) and Newcastle Jets (eight in nine at 0.88) aren't doing much better."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...-round-9-risdon-thanks-parents-socceroos-call

nearlyyellow

hmmm

"Mariners are on course to become the worst attacking side in A-League history. They have scored just five goals in nine games this season, at an average of 0.55 goals per game. New Zealand Knights, now just a memory as a club, has the worst figures - 13 goals in 21 games at 0.61 per game in 2006-2007.

Coach Phil Moss said after the 3-0 loss to Victory that Central Coast needed to bolster its attack, noting that "we haven't scored enough goals this season". He got that right. Mind you, Western Sydney Wanderers (six goals in nine games at 0.66) and Newcastle Jets (eight in nine at 0.88) aren't doing much better."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...-round-9-risdon-thanks-parents-socceroos-call
Pffftt (for now ! ) 1/3rd. of the season gone, 2/3rds. yet to play. Lazarus like, we will rise up (the table) ie. once we have rid ourselves of Mane and Kim we will be rolling in salary cap, errr, gaps. Bet the talent scouts have already got a couple of striking hot prospects who will sign on 1 Jan 2015 and train like fury and when we meet the Smurfs at CCS on 24 Jan. we will defeat them at least 5 to 1.:piralaugh::shoutclap::overheadl:Take that Traitor Arnold. :pirashoot::wub:

Reactions: adz

dibo

We're a third of the way through the season. We're not having a good year so far, that much is true. The rest of the season is yet to be written.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm over that traitor Arnold shit, what he supposed to do...Stay unemployed FFS

pjennings

No, I think it's way too soon to replace the coach. Bear in mind he's still dealing with the dross left behind by the traitor Arnold's departure, and his sucking away of Ibini and Clark. McGlinchey went where the money was bigger. As it turned out he had no right to, but the owners of CCMFC accepted some financial recompense to mutually terminate his contract. Tom Rogic? We lost out in the bidding process to a much larger and better financed club, always going to happen.

Vernes? Too soon to judge that signing as no good, I think he's just starting to come good. Kim? Well, he had problems before he came here with his personal motivation, and nothing has changed that. Can't blame Mossy for that. Mane? He's obviously got huge problems being away from his new family, she wasn't able to get a visa as he was hoping, so he's collapsed in a heap. Not Mossy's fault again. Poscoliero shows promise, Trifiro and Cernak are OK off the bench imho. E. Bosnar, hmmm.

Yes, we don't have a key striker, Matty Simon and Dukey together aren't the top gun we need (think Berisha, Henrique, Burns, Keough etc.). But maybe with the release of Kim and Mane (sureties imho) we will be able to grab one fairly high priced striker to couple with Simon/Duke.

So your doom and gloom picture doesn't completely stand up to my humble scrutiny, but I'm ever the optimist. Time will tell and there's a lot of football to watch in the remainder of the season.

Either is the rumoured David Williams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred