• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

nearlyyellow

Look, our problems are minor .. ;)

A.

image.php
Western Sydney Wanderers
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/#cU77BHic7IqO1F3C.99

mwahahaha :p

B.
Western Sydney Wanderers players may boycott Club World Cup
Read more at http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...y-boycott-club-world-cup-20141206-121vb6.html

C.
Western Sydney coach Tony Popovic has been suspended for two Asian Champions League matches and fined for his role in an on-field altercation.
Popovic was reprimanded following the confrontation between Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande and the Wanderers during their ACL quarter-final first leg at Pirtek Stadium in August.
The AFC has announced on Saturday he was punished for violating the tournament's code of conduct and also fined $US2000 ($A2160)
Read more at http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...banned-for-two-acl-games-20141206-121nvf.html

mwahahaha :D

I do so hate to gloat.

I live in hope. :) COYY :shoutclap:

Last edited:

Jaundice

Don't tell me that slimeball Schwab put them up to this. Him and his PFA cronies wont be content until they're picking at the corpse of Australian football.

dibo

Yeah, the union boogie man (which has actively assisted in holding wages back to ensure clubs are viable) is the problem here.

nearlyyellow

I assume you are referring to Brendan Schwab? Without being defamatory or slanderous can you please give me a potted history of what you are referring to? Or some links? So that I can be more knowledgeable?

Jaundice

Yeah, the union boogie man (which has actively assisted in holding wages back to ensure clubs are viable) is the problem here.

Well that's a lie, please take that BS back to your political circle jerk in the 'other stuff' forum.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I think the PFA have sent out a tweet, re the Wanderers to all players and requested they retweet poste haste and I quote....
" we stand united behind the Western Sydney Wanderers players and support them in pursuing a fair share of the club world prize money"

Jaundice

I assume you are referring to Brendan Schwab? Without being defamatory or slanderous can you please give me a potted history of what you are referring to? Or some links? So that I can be more knowledgeable?

Why do you always address people on this forum like you're a Highschool principle whom you need to correct?

My knowledge of him go's back to 2006 where he instigated threats of boycotts with the national team and organised the bargaining agreement which now has the socceroos losing large amounts of money instead of being the lifeblood to the sport as they used too. When the A league received the increased TV deal with fox Schwab was there again with unrealistic demands for increased money as with any revenue stream that comes into the league. I believe he also organised a generous payment scheme for ACL as well but I would have to look into it to confirm.

dibo

dibo

Oh, and Brendan Schwab hasn't been CEO of the PFA for quite some time, he's at FIFPro.

nearlyyellow

Why do you always address people on this forum like you're a Highschool principle whom you need to correct?
Maybe I was ( a High School Principal). :rolleyes: And *sometimes* some people need the bloody obvious pointed out to them .. not waving any fingers here, mind you.

nearlyyellow

My knowledge of him go's back to 2006 where he instigated threats of boycotts with the national team and organised the bargaining agreement which now has the socceroos losing large amounts of money instead of being the lifeblood to the sport as they used too. When the A league received the increased TV deal with fox Schwab was there again with unrealistic demands for increased money as with any revenue stream that comes into the league. I believe he also organised a generous payment scheme for ACL as well but I would have to look into it to confirm.
Thanks. I'll follow up and try to get some history.

sydmariner

Look, our problems are minor .. ;)

A.

image.php
Western Sydney Wanderers
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/#cU77BHic7IqO1F3C.99

B.
Read more at http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...y-boycott-club-world-cup-20141206-121vb6.html

C.
Western Sydney coach Tony Popovic has been suspended for two Asian Champions League matches and fined for his role in an on-field altercation.
Popovic was reprimanded following the confrontation between Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande and the Wanderers during their ACL quarter-final first leg at Pirtek Stadium in August.
The AFC has announced on Saturday he was punished for violating the tournament's code of conduct and also fined $US2000 ($A2160)
Read more at http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...banned-for-two-acl-games-20141206-121nvf.html

mwahahaha :D

I do so hate to gloat.

I live in hope. :) COYY :shoutclap:
& it couldn't've happened to a more deserving team:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Jaundice

Union bashing? That's your agenda pal im not going to get sucked into one of your brow beating sessions.

Ensuring clubs are viable? How generous of them Dibo.
3 dead franchises 2 currently on their knees and only a ten team league 10 years on which all lose money besides Melbourne victory that claim to be breaking even. Not to mention a list of disillusioned owners/financiers that have been burnt with a serious lack of investor interest.

Its a questionable business model when the FFA has to step in and take control of all the clubs TV revenue and use the majority of it to pay this cost the PFA has ensured for us is 'viable'.

nearlyyellow

Its a questionable business model when the FFA has to step in and take control of all the clubs TV revenue and use the majority of it to pay this cost the PFA has ensured for us is 'viable'.
I think it's very important that the FFA do this. It pays the players who draw the crowds. I mean, what else would happen to the cash? Surely a bunch of scumbag capitalist financiers wouldn't use the cash for other purposes, would they? ;)

Jaundice

I think it's very important that the FFA do this. It pays the players who draw the crowds. I mean, what else would happen to the cash? Surely a bunch of scumbag capitalist financiers wouldn't use the cash for other purposes, would they? ;)

Weren't you just lecturing me on being defamatory ;)

F it, lets make it 10 million if an improved TV deal comes in and really screw those 'bunch of scumbag capitalists' and call it Viable. Who needs them anyway.

nearlyyellow

Weren't you just lecturing me on being defamatory ;)

F it, lets make it 10 million if an improved TV deal comes in and really screw those 'bunch of scumbag capitalists' and call it Viable. Who needs them anyway.
No names, no pack drill. :) (And no legal action either)
Nice if it was $10m. But it's not atm. And I do sympathise with those capitalist scumbag financiers who are losing so many $'s. I don't know what the answer is, apart from oil sheiks or mining magnates to whom the odd few $m's out the door don't matter too much. The trouble is, MC's not one of those, is he? And I don't think we have any such people interested in the HAL clubs, do we? Maybe the Roar? Or maybe not? :confused: We don't want that kind of oil money in our League anyway, do we?

midfielder

A huge part ... many argue the most important part of a coaches job is player recruitment, retention, and having a balanced squad..

On all these measurement as a club we have failed under the Moss rein .... recruitment with key recruits Kim, Bosnar, Mane .. retention weeMac, Berrine ... balanced squad we don't have a striker ...

Big call coming up for MC, does he let the current staff choose another say 3 key players in the January transfer window that will essentially be the backbone of our team for the next two years or so...

nearlyyellow

B.
I don't think this is as serious as first made out. Statement on the WSW Website:

>>>>>>>>
Monday, 8 December 2014 -
@wswanderersfc

The Western Sydney Wanderers wish to address a number of matters which have been incorrectly promoted:
  • The players’ bonuses at the Club World Cup (CWC) will not be limited to 10%. This is an appearance payment which is not contingent on any wins and equates to over $AUD120,000.
  • Should the team win their opening match then the players would receive over $AUD600,000 as a minimum for reaching the next round, $AUD1,950,000 the round after that, and over $AUD3,000,000 should they be ultimately successful.
  • For their success in the Asian Champions League the players’ share was over $AUD950,000.
The Western Sydney Wanderers maintain that all residual amounts from the CWC and ACL will be used for the purposes of enhancing and improving current training and player facilities, as well as junior academy, community, indigenous and women's programs.

The Western Sydney Wanderers remain committed to a whole range of programs which is not limited to one area of the Club alone. The Club’s obligations extend further than focussing on the today and ignoring the tomorrow in all facets of the club and its responsibility to the Western Sydney region.

The club will not make any further comment at this time.

Read more at http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/art...5m2o4j63gmaj14b6qmwm61sk8#1TeYRtjoOhCcSQ5F.99
>>>>>>>>

If the team wins the first round the players will have a shedload of $'s , let alone winning even more games.
Storm in a teacup? Misinformation? Misreporting? :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred