• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

VicMariner

So, based on tonight's team performance, who here now thinks that the squad shows real potential under Mossy's guidance?

TBH I can't see it but I'm willing for him to see the season out. If there is no obvious improvement in the back half of the season we should get a new coach before next preseason.
I don't think we look to bad though, except up front. If we had a regular goal scorer the boost in confidence might have the team firing.
We are not getting beaten by large margins, iirc 2-0 is the highest. These draws and one goal losses could be something else if we had a decent striker.

VicMariner

Yeah, I actually know that, I'm trying to put a positive spin on things. So much doom and gloom here. :(
I'm sure you did, we're just used to winning and add the NS rubbish....it's getting to us I think.

Positive spin eh? Well how's this:

This time last year we were also in sixth and ended up third. Could happen again. Certainly haven't given up.

Sometimes doom and gloom is part of being a football supporter and I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Gratis

So, based on tonight's team performance, who here now thinks that the squad shows real potential under Mossy's guidance?
me. i thought in areas we were actually very good. just need more urgency going forward and a desire to shoot rather then to try and walk it in

Gratis

in truth we'd be one of the best teams in the league now for possession and passing accuracy

still just toothless up front. once we start scoring everyone will be talking about how great we are, the problem is really the not scoring

Garth

Just an observation guys we drew against the hapless jets not the most encouraging result and if that is a derby well wrap me up in a feather boa and call me Elton, cannot see myself driving anywhere to watch a display like that again, some interesting moments but for mercy sake do the boys have an aversion for putting the ball in the back of the net, hells bells! I think we need to be a rolling stone that gathers no Moss! Oh and north Sydney oval 7.30pm next Friday in anybody's dreams, that is like I'd eat a shit sandwich but I can't stand bread.

Last edited:

Bladesman

in truth we'd be one of the best teams in the league now for possession and passing accuracy

still just toothless up front. once we start scoring everyone will be talking about how great we are, the problem is really the not scoring

Possession and passing accuracy don't earn you points, not sure why we are obbsessed with this. A few years ago this was the way to win games and why Brisbane were so successful but the game has now moved on as teams and tactics evolved, in fact we were the 1st A-League team who really learned to win regularly against those tactics. Possession in the Nix v City match was about 50/50 and City had 15 shots to 9 today it is all about the ability to penetrate and put chances away and we are very poor at both at the minute.

Bladesman

Well, we've got Matty Simon yet to come, and once he's in the front line we may see a bit more finishing aggression in front of the net.

Appreciate you are trying to be the positive one on the thread and yes the Matt Simon of a few years ago would have me thinking we would see a few more goals but I am not getting overly excited after 15 mins in a FFA cup game given what I saw from him last season.

FFC Mariner

We are pinning our hopes on Matty Simon as a saviour.

Just step back and think about that for a moment...............

Love the guy, cant fault his work rate or commitment but have we sunk that low?

(Yes)

dibo

I'm not pinning hopes on Matt Simon, I'm pinning hopes (of avoiding the spoon) on actually looking a vastly improved team in recent weeks.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't think Simon isn't as good as he used to be.

But, even if you disagree - the problem is: who's going to feed him the ball? We don't have a playmaker. So really, our team strategy will just become 'kick it to Matty!'.

It's surprising how much possession we seem to come up with, but I can't see any positives in Moss. Too many problems which just seem fundamental. Poor off-season signing. Poor drilling of the players (NFI what to do with the ball - kick it back!). Too many unforced errors.

Our defence is looking fairly good, even if they let a lot of goals in by simple stuff like not marking or getting goal side of the guy on the edge of the box.

We also don't really have anybody who's going to show individual brilliance to lift the team (except hopefully Matty....).

Jaundice

I don't think Simon isn't as good as he used to be.

But, even if you disagree - the problem is: who's going to feed him the ball? We don't have a playmaker. So really, our team strategy will just become 'kick it to Matty!'.

It's surprising how much possession we seem to come up with, but I can't see any positives in Moss. Too many problems which just seem fundamental. Poor off-season signing. Poor drilling of the players (NFI what to do with the ball - kick it back!). Too many unforced errors.

Our defence is looking fairly good, even if they let a lot of goals in by simple stuff like not marking or getting goal side of the guy on the edge of the box.

We also don't really have anybody who's going to show
3quuia.jpg
to lift the team (except hopefully Matty....).

Fixed :p

midfielder

We are screaming for a striker .... we had Duke who did not enjoy the best of seasons last year and Matty S injured ... He choose to bring in who he did ... being honest this is arguably our weakest side since Hal 4... its difficult to think of one player signed in the Moss era who would be in high demand across the league...

Maybe the troubles at Head Office are also starting to affect the team ...

dibo

We are screaming for a striker .... we had Duke who did not enjoy the best of seasons last year and Matty S injured ... He choose to bring in who he did ... being honest this is arguably our weakest side since Hal 4... its difficult to think of one player signed in the Moss era who would be in high demand across the league...

Maybe the troubles at Head Office are also starting to affect the team ...
2009/10 was our weakest side. Coincidentally the year that our marketing money seemed to dry up and the year we took two games away from the Central Coast.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
2009/10 was our weakest side. Coincidentally the year that our marketing money seemed to dry up and the year we took two games away from the Central Coast.
Hmmm....the Thot plickens

style_cafe

I`m not down on Charesworth for exploring avenues to increase our supporter base & income streams, but I hope he takes a long ,hard look at what this NSO exercise has done to the club, the teams & the supporters........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

MagpieMariner

I`m not down on Charesworth for exploring avenues to increase our supporter base & income streams, but I hope he takes a long ,hard look at what this NSO exercise has done to the club, the teams & the supporters........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
And football in general. For once I'm going to agree with Muscat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred