• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

true believer

Yeah well syd i've been scoping out the talnet in BA fiji.
Still haven't found another roy krishen
But i've rattled the sageras , vodka and milk things and the grand monier is starting to come into focus

http://www.basoccer.com

Last edited:

pjennings

Well I'm not believing anything without a quote from the club at this stage. I heard on the radio today the likes of Mulvey and Rudan still being bandied about. I suspect we will get a lot of uninformed/little informed/well-informed articles before we hear something from the club. Just have to see who is writing it to see what credit, if any, you give to it.

Gatt's can be pretty close but he also listens to too many uninformed Sydney sources so often is misguided. Our very own Mariner Mick often writes on the Sydney forums and I tend to find him as one of the more reliable sources.

Last edited:

Rowdy

TB, It aint likely.
He has burnt his bridges with Shaun and Co.
C'mon, this is Charlesworth were talking about !

He's paying peanuts, so anything and I mean ANYTHING is possible with this guy .......
FootballChimp.jpg

scottmac

Suspended
Well I'm not believing anything without a quote from the club at this stage. I heard on the radio today the likes of Mulvey and Rudan still being bandied about. I suspect we will get a lot of uninformed/little informed/well-informed articles before we hear something from the club. Just have to see who is writing it to see what credit, if any, you give to it.

Gatt's can be pretty close but he also listens to too many uninformed Sydney sources so often is misguided. Our very own Mariner Mick often writes on the Sydney forums and I tend to find him as one of the more reliable sources.
Mick has also been drastically wrong on a number of occasions.
Fact is, not many who say they know actually have any access to the inner circle any more. When the decisions are being made by 1 or 2 people often while their boot even in the country, it's hard for any one to get an idea of what's going on.

pjennings

Mick has also been drastically wrong on a number of occasions.
Fact is, not many who say they know actually have any access to the inner circle any more. When the decisions are being made by 1 or 2 people often while their boot even in the country, it's hard for any one to get an idea of what's going on.

Exactly why I said I want to see a quote from the club.

Rowdy

Two remain in race for Mariners top job:
482286664.jpg

There are just two contenders left standing in the race to replace sacked Central Coast coach Tony Walmsley – with the Mariners' executive chairman Peter Storrie expected to make an official announcement before the end of next week.

FIt’s understood that one of applicants is from overseas – possibly ex-Manchester City striker Paul Dickov – and the other is a local coach, with the trio of Tony Vidmar, Damian Mori and Ricki Herbert thought to all be in the frame.

Storrie is keen to make an appointment soon with the Mariners to kick off their A-League season away to Perth Glory on October 8th.

When contacted by The World Game on Thursday, Storrie was unwilling to confirm the identity of the two remaining candidates, whittled down from an initial list of over 40 applicants, and a subsequent short-list of six.

Nor was owner Mike Charlesworth, though he hinted heavily that the club's preferred option might already be in the bag and that a second choice was only being considered should the preferred pick fall through at the last minute.

"I can't say who it is but we will get the guy we set out to get from the start," was all he would say.

Scotman Dickov’s emergence as a possible contender has raised some eyebrows in light of his underwhelming coaching record – the 43 year old quit as chief of Oldham Athletic after poor run results and was sacked from his only other gig by Doncaster Rovers.

Former Australia striker Damian Mori, who has been looking for an A-League opportunity for a number of years, has a sound track-reocord in his time spent with South Australian NPL team Adelaide City, while ex-Australia defender Tony Vidmar, who is coach of the Australia Under-17 side, also has strong credentials.

One-time New Zealand coach Herbert has long experience in the A-League with New Zealand Knights and Wellington Phoenix, and is looking for a new opportunity having split with the Maldives.

A well placed Mariners source said ahead of discussions with the local candidate that a decision would be made imminently to give the new coach a reasonable lead-in time to the new season as the club seeks to purge the nightmare of its the wooden spoon in 2015-2016 after just three wins in 27 games under Walmsley.

“A final decision has not yet been made, but it soon will and there are two contenders remaining.” said the source.

"Things will be resolved before the end of next week."

Having conducted interviews in England, after input from Mariners advisor and former Premier League boss Harry Redknapp and Charlesworth, Storirie will hold discussions with the local candidate in the coming days before making a final call.

Rowdy

Someone ??? said:
A well placed Mariners source said ahead of discussions with the local candidate that a decision would be made imminently to give the new coach a reasonable lead-in time to the new season
Don't know who ??? said:
Things will be resolved before the end of next week."
Makes me wonder if someone has been reading the 'restless natives' on here that are seriously concerned about the new Gaffers lack of time with the squad before Rnd 1 & that any numpty should know IT is a MAJOR FCUKING thing !!!

The media releases from the club have been nothing short of a 'mind-fcuk' -

"We're gonna take our time" -
SM & PS
"We're gonna interview them all" - SM & PS
"It'll be 2-3 to 3.5 weeks" - SM
then,
"Storrie's offering IT to Teddy ...Oh ... doesnt want IT "
- & now the local guys are back in the running.

We've gone from a methodical - 'taking our time' to a haphazardly - 'early next week'.

Again ..... our shit IS embarrassing. :oops:

Forum Phoenix

Teddy Sherringham? lol. Oh boy. Storrie was on a white whale hunt. Why would they think it was a good idea to just straight up offer it to Teddy? I mean I'm a bloody ManU fan and I like thinking outside the box, but again that just seems like perception/glamour vs pragmatism. Stars in their eyes and sound bites in their ears. We need a solid year to repair our reputation – not a high risk roll of the dice and sure fire way to further piss off the Australian press. We really owe Teddie one. Disaster avoided.

But at they least appear to have woken up... I'm going to assume that was Sean's doing. Whoever the coach is, an announcement end of next week is a lot better than the madness of - "we'll begin local interviews in a fortnight" and will give him (or her :innocent:) a chance. Thank the football gods for that.

As to...
"I can't say who it is but we will get the guy we set out to get from the start,"
WTF? IS that referencing Dickov? Why would Dickov be the guy they decided to "set out to get"?
Hey he might do great. But does he have the record of someone you really wanted to target?
And he surely can't be talking of Mori or Herbert and co.

MC was much better on the podcast when he was just straight talking – he came across as honest, intelligent and likeable – but whenever he tries to talk to the press in a mysterious or exciting sound bite – it always just comes off as hyperbole, obvious publicity stunt or just plain and utter bollocks that turns around to bite us on the ass.

Anyway, good news that we'll have at least a decent sense of structure and system in place come round 1.

Last edited:

midfielder

The only one in the list that Arry and MC could have wanted from the start is Hudson, Arry has written glowing references for him in the past, and he would be well aware of the A-League..

My call simply based on the SBS article is Hudson, as he is the only one I can think of they would have identified early.

If it is Hudson I think it would be a good call.

Ancient Mariner

The only one in the list that Arry and MC could have wanted from the start is Hudson, Arry has written glowing references for him in the past, and he would be well aware of the A-League..

My call simply based on the SBS article is Hudson, as he is the only one I can think of they would have identified early.

If it is Hudson I think it would be a good call.

He would be a likely candidate to be identified early and gone after hard. I cannot imagine Dickov fitting that description with his past reputation. It also makes sense when they talk about having a back up option as I would imagine Hudson would likely have other options.

A lot of the press talk may have been rumours or even deliberate plants to keep others off the scent.

Hope this is the case but at the moment it is all just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred