• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Mariner

Harry R - NO, Too old and he's a Pom.
Rudan, - NO, One season win in NPL is not enough experience.
Hutch - No, More experience needed.
Gombau - Yes if possible, but he has the Oz under 23s on his plate
Tony V. - Possibly, but he also has the Oz Joeys on his plate. Still a gamble experience wise.
Aurelio V. - No, you would have to be kidding.
Aloisi plural - No, For any of the above reasons
Mori - Yes, good record in South Oz, could be a smokey to put some dollars on.
Any other failed A League coach Mulvey, Farina, etc. - No, They failed in the past, the A-League is tougher now.

Overseas possibilities, I would not mind seeing an up and coming Spaniard but am a bit put off by Germans and Dutch after Socceroos experience.

I am sure there are others that can be thought of. Worth posting, you never Know who in the CCM hierarchy reads this forum.

nebakke

in the name of patriotism and because we Scandinavians seem to be in vogue in the A-league currently, I'm just going to throw out there that Michael Laudrup is short a gig currently... He did alright at Swansea... ;)

JoyfulPenguin

He would never come but Ante Milcic.
Former Melbourne Heart foundation assistant coach who was promised the top job when John Van Schip moved on after two years. Heart went for a bigger media profile instead and signed John Aloisi. Went to the Wanderers and with Popa led them to an A-League Chamionship and the greatest ever success of an Australian club side. Left before their horror year to join Ange with the socceroos and has been there ever since. The most deserving of a senior coaching role than any other Australian assistant coach.

tsd

my money would be on our english overlords sending out someone completely off our radar from the lower leagues in England... Or Mulvey with a carrot of having the go ahead to fill out the rest of the cap with 1-2 quality signings plus a bit of licence to tweak in Jan

midfielder

Harry R - NO, Too old and he's a Pom.
Rudan, - NO, One season win in NPL is not enough experience.
Hutch - No, More experience needed.
Gombau - Yes if possible, but he has the Oz under 23s on his plate
Tony V. - Possibly, but he also has the Oz Joeys on his plate. Still a gamble experience wise.
Aurelio V. - No, you would have to be kidding.
Aloisi plural - No, For any of the above reasons
Mori - Yes, good record in South Oz, could be a smokey to put some dollars on.
Any other failed A League coach Mulvey, Farina, etc. - No, They failed in the past, the A-League is tougher now.

Overseas possibilities, I would not mind seeing an up and coming Spaniard but am a bit put off by Germans and Dutch after Socceroos experience.

I am sure there are others that can be thought of. Worth posting, you never Know who in the CCM hierarchy reads this forum.

Mori of the sate league coaches is a great choice,
Ante Milic if we could get him would be my pick
Mulvey maybe

Overseas not sure

Big Al

Ante probably pretty committed for Russia now, depends on his desires
Rudan is Fox, coaches all our rejects and is Bosnars brother In Law
Mulvey might have squad issues as before
Vidmar got shit canned after loosing first game with the joeys and they where lucky to make the final but apparently played a good brand of football, just let in CCM style goals
Who's next on Ange's list,

I'd go an Italian to teach us to defend

Luca Brasi

The club is looking for a coach with the minimum requirement of an A coaching licence and previous experience at professional level.
from Bossi, SMH today

Experience at a professional level would rule out Vidmar however I thought the minimum qualification for A League coach was a pro diploma?

Ancient Mariner

id be really disappointed if management were scouring this forum for ideas for head coach!
Not suggesting they are scouring this forum for ideas but you never know when a name may come up that hasn't been thought of.

The ones who really scour the forums for ideas are the pundits. There are couple on Fox who obviously use the fan forums as their main source.

midfielder

442 are saying Ray Gatt said the inside running is with Tony Vidmar... Sorta like Arnold in many ways did not quite succeed at national level but could make an excellent A-League coach and he gave his all for us as a player even if his slip cost us the grand final...

Forum Phoenix

Ok wrote this in the sacking thread, but a better fit here.

After Moss and TW, we'd be crazy to stick another inexperienced coach into the top spot. We're the hardest gig in town, not the easiest. We need an experienced hand at the helm. Forget a marquee in January, spend it on a high quality coach. Of those mentioned Mulvey would be my top choice, papas as a bit of a smokey, but much prefer someone from OS with a strong CV.

A least Tony would have the old boys back on side. But if he under performs all blame will be laid on the club. I was very critical of him after watching the opening game of the AFF, but after that he really turned it around. However, again, we need experience imo.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

The club is looking for a coach with the minimum requirement of an A coaching licence and previous experience at professional level.
from Bossi, SMH today

Experience at a professional level would rule out Vidmar however I thought the minimum qualification for A League coach was a pro diploma?
Gary Phillips could match up with that currently coaching a professional Malaysian side.

localpom

I'm thinking it must already be decided....my money would be on Vidmar but I would like Mulvey. I can't see us splashing big money on a marquee coach.

Luca Brasi

I would hope that CCM had approached somebody in the week since the cup loss prior to sacking the coach.
After reading the debate I would prefer Mulvey.
Given we don't have any foreign spots and no marquee likely then a local coach with local contacts would be better suited if any additional signings were going to be made, if not pre season then in January.
He has a youth coaching background with Gold Coast and was assistant for the NT U/20's, worked with players like Nicholls, Holland & Mooy.
More importantly he has senior professional experience with success.
In 2012/13 he was brought in 3 months into the season at Roar and they finished 5th.
In 2013/14 they won the double.
He may be gun shy about the CCM ownership given he was sacked by the Roar 6 games into 14/15 and subsequently sued.
Has been coaching in Malaysia for the past 2 years.
I heard a great exchange at an NYL game at Pluim Park around 2010 between Mulvey and Adriano Pellegrino when CCM were playing Gold Coast.
"Adriano" clearly had the shits playing NYL and had just copped a yellow for some pretty harsh tackles.
Mulvey called out "Adrian, Adrian, settle mate, they're only kids"
Pellegrino replied "Shut up, you don't know anything, you don't even know my name"
Mulvey responded "Nobody knows your name mate, you are playing in the youth league!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred