• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whip around for a new Megaphone

MrCelery

As a ' long time but now more committed' Mariners fan I thought the noise created on Tuesday was the best I have experienced in my visits to Bluetongue. Just shows what a bit of organisation can do. Congratulations to the YA for your superb efforts. I definitely think that a few chants and songs , if made available to the average fan, can create a great atmosphere.
I understand that 'who do we sing for' was done some years ago by the Marinators but obviously we didn't hang on to it so I there is no point in pursuing that as one of our chants.....it has to much association with the RBB now so let's organise ourselves and put together something that we can truly call our own. I have some ideas if any one is interested.

Always on the look out for new chants. Only a very small number get through testing, so don't be offended if they don't always make it. Appreciate the effort.

As for the "Who do we sing for" chant. This one had worked well for a long, long time and was instrumental in getting the crowd going at the last game. So dropping it is most unlikely. It'd be like dropping Hutch from the team!

I don't hold with the idea of the RBB (or any other club) dictating what we sing or don't sing, just because they may be louder.

Big Al

Watched Tuesdays game last night - TV is so much different to the game

I think Fox need a kick up the arse because I feel they plant their microphones where they think the noise will come from. At the grand final it was blatant the mic's were set in front of RBB & the cameras & when we were winning they didn't know what to do - Tuesdays game was much the same all you could hear (first half anyway) was the Japs - Yet at the game I couldn't hear a thing from them (even when things were quiet). Then Robbie's mate (not sure who the commentator was) said Oh the mariners fans are getting into this for the first time when everyone stood up & cheered - He was shocked & didn't know what was happening -Trying to explain to the audience why they were making noise when he had no idea. Then the variation We Are came out & he said they are singing Who Do we Sing for Now - Caught them on the hop - They were surprised & caught off guard & weren't sure what we were doing but wanted to make comment as it was definitely audible on the TV - Maybe send them Email Etc. for what we are actually doing as well so they can make correct comment & get some notice for the fans.

The TV does turn the effects mic's on & off when good crowd sounds come through - The GF was very obvious they kept turning it on to here the RBB - Before WE Smashed them

Hey Bub a Reba - Or what ever the old beer chant is called was great as well - Forgot to mention that the other day & you could hear it a bit in the telecast. - The only thing it needs is volume

This is not a dig at the YA just constructive critism - When you made the Who Do We Sing for Call - You gave it everything heaps of Gusto - Sounds brilliant when you do - To be understood that Is the level that needs to be achieved. Put that gutso into Hey Bub a Reba & it will be a beauty to.

An idea - I am wondering if you have connection to the ground announcer or game day staff. If you could organise the two to three main chants that you want the whole crowd involved in to be put on the stadium screen say 5 mins before the game & can maybe get the ground announcer to start a practice run to get everyone in sync & know the words.
E.g.
Chant 1 - We Are
YA - Who Are We
Stands - Mariners
YA - What Are We
Stands - Champions

Chant 2 - Stand Up Coast
Everybody stand Up
Then YA starts us off in the coast chant
Clap
Clap
Coast (hands in the air salute)

Just an idea to spread the word to the masses. I am not sure how much control they have over the AFC round of 16 game as there are probably more strict Asian rules - But Round 1 could be a goer - Even if you get SEA FM to do that at the start as part of pre-game stuff

dibo

RBB *were* immensely loud at the GF - that wasn't a trick of the microphones. Doesn't mean we weren't, but if you could mainly hear them over the telly it was probably because they had about 5x as many active supporters and 5x the total noise.

We did ourselves proud, but let's not pretend they weren't very loud.

bikinigirl

. there was a flurry of posts in this thread post game ... and i haven't really had the chance to respond 'til now

I thought BK was... erm... heavier... lol. I actually thought I knew who BK was, so it was quite a shock to meet you :)

. i'm not sure if i should be flattered or not ;) ... i am curious to know who you thought i was - but shock is quite a common reaction when i meet people :angel:

I can't recall who made the initial suggestion, but who ever it was - genius! :thumbup:
. i think most credit should go to FP ... but a timeline as best as i can remember:
  1. pre-GF PP mentioned his meg was on death row
  2. dibo suggested the mega mega as a replacement
  3. post-GF FP re-floats the idea of a new meg with a funding proposal
  4. stoxxo endorses the selection with sound industry mate's feedback
  5. FP starts the funding thread
  6. convo started to get the thing for acl game
  7. pledges flood in
  8. purchased, funded, used at the acl game
  9. general happiness and goodwill ensues
If the Mega has more - give it more
. i was nervous about whether it would get into the ground (unaware of any protocols) ... as i came through security the bag was 'searched' and then as i was half-way through was called back for "be mindful of other people with that thing"
. my reply "oh, absolutely" ... thinking ... that's why we bought it :fireup:
Spewing we didn't have the Mega Mega for GF - Can we go back in time

. i actually prefer the way things have gone. the GF helped to highlight the need ... but it also allowed a whole shitload of people to get involved of their own volition - much better in my opinion ... now they're 'in'

Love to know how you decide who gets to take it home

. it has been entrusted to the yellow army 'elders' to care for

Someone with at least a 1 tonne ute.

. it's funny 'cos it's true ... well not quite true. but when i picked it up it would not fit in the back of my small hatch :piralaugh:

BG - I know you have received plenty of props - But here's mine for taking initiative & just buying the dam thing before getting the pledges was an awesome move.
. thanks ... but there was so much goodwill floating around we had to capitalise. trying to get it for the acl game (despite the short time-frame) just seemed logical, hopefully the momentum continues now

bikinigirl

. now it is time for me to say some thankses too

firstly to FP for driving it
also wombat for stepping up to help fund any shortfall (with FP)
all of those that have contributed fundage and
of course to PP and the YA for taking custody of the bugger, putting it to use and promising to love, cherish and protect it on our behalf

but lastly i would like to echo FP's earlier thanks to our 'anonymous' fairy godmother (i hope she appreciates the name you gave her :angel: ):

Also a big thanks to the "anonymous" lady ... Who turned up and gave $100. Another generous person going above and beyond.

. she would not even give her name but was just happy to contribute towards the work being done by her fellow supporters ... truly great stuff. and although she said she was not on the forum ... she obviously found out about the fundraising and collection point somewhere/somehow ;)

. so once again thanks to you all

priorpeter

. now it is time for me to say some thankses too

firstly to FP for driving it
also wombat for stepping up to help fund any shortfall (with FP)
all of those that have contributed fundage and
of course to PP and the YA for taking custody of the bugger, putting it to use and promising to love, cherish and protect it on our behalf

but lastly i would like to echo FP's earlier thanks to our 'anonymous' fairy godmother (i hope she appreciates the name you gave her :angel: ):

. she would not even give her name but was just happy to contribute towards the work being done by her fellow supporters ... truly great stuff. and although she said she was not on the forum ... she obviously found out about the fundraising and collection point somewhere/somehow ;)

. so once again thanks to you all

+1 - thanks again everyone. I can't say it enough.

priorpeter

How much does it cost for the big flags the Japanese guys were waving. We are missing 3 or 4 of these in the Army

We've got a few but I'm not sure if we had them at the ACL game to be honest. I didn't see the ones Kashiwa had but some of the ones we've got are freaking massive.

We're currently in the embryonic stages of planning tifos and stuff for next year - no solid planning as yet but general ideas on what we want have been floated; just spitballing really. More flags will definitely be on the cards - in spite of my already having spent GF morning at Bunnings cutting 50 bits of conduit for flags that didn't have poles ;-)

Aim is to get bigger and better and we will achieve that. I have so much belief that our active support this year will be the best we've seen in a long time based on the discussions we've had with people but also the level of involvement at the Reysol game. Bay 16 was pretty sweet for an ACL game (in comparison to previous games). Onwards and upwards and all that.

Can v9 start already FFS??

MexicanMariner

This is my first post. Mexican Mariner because I belong to a growing group of Mariner supporters who come from south of the border. - that is the Hornsby area. I have been a long time reader (not lurker) of this forum and have followed the posts over the years, as you have agonised over the lack of active support. I think that the thing that makes the Mariners the great club that it is, is also it's greatest hinderence. The Mariners are a family and community based club and that is a bit of a problem. Firstly families. Parents who bring their children to the games only ever see about 70% of the game while the rest of the time is spent doing runs to the toilet, runs to get more food and drinks, mopping up spilt drinks and drying tears because your child has dropped their chips. The very idea of teaming that with singing and chanting in Bay 16 is every parents nightmare. The community of the Central Coast is made up of a large number of retirees. Us older folk can't stand for 1 1/2 hours, and our hip replacements, dicky knees and incontinence does not lend itself to jumping around in Bay 16. On a Sunday afternoon the mid-teen to mid to late 20's of the community are swimming, surfing, canoeing and sailing and enjoying what makes the Central Coast a great place to live. This leaves a very small pool of potential supporters. The Wanderers have a huge advantage in that most of their population is of ethnic background where part of their culture is football. Team that with the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do on the weekend in the western suburbs and you have a huge support base. The purchase of the megaphone is a step in the right direction but may I suggest that you take it a few steps forward. Imagine one huge mega- drum, three megaphones, three stands and back-up battery packs, three trolleys to transport them and three walkie-talkies to co-ordinate chants. The three megaphones would be in Bay 16, one on the eastern side and one on the Western side. Ahhh, you say and how do we pay for all this. Go to the club/Mr Charlesworth and borrow the money and purchase what you need. At the first home game go around the ground and stand at the entry gates with buckets and take up a collection. Even if we have a small crowd of say 5,000 and they all give a dollar, that would cover the costs, surely. Advertise the collection on the radio and ask for small business and sponsor donations as well. Don't just look to the active support to finance this as there are many Mariner supporters who I am sure will support this worthy cause. This little fairy godmother may be able to rustle up some more cash. Just throwing it out there for consideration

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred