• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whip around for a new Megaphone

Forum Phoenix

Hi everyone,

I read on the forums the other week about the guys in our active support discussing a new Megaphone. And then at the recent GF victory it became clear to me that our active support deserves a new one as i was watching, I think it was PP, busting a gut, yet I was still straining to hear, and only about ten rows away.

I'm not in the bay usually. But this is just a bit of an opportunity to say thanks and show a bit of support for those who feel so inclined. They work their asses off and clearly miss a fair bit of football doing so too. On top of that I've noted on here and at games that they often have to put up with our own supporters whinging they are not good enough, (not talking about constructive criticisms I sometimes read on here ) and of course get pretty regularly derided by the other active support groups.

So anyhow, enjoyable as being in active support is, and certainly no ones putting a gun to anyones head, it's still a pretty tough gig in a small club like ours I think, so if you feel like I do and would like to give a little something back, then be great if you made a pledge.

If we can get 17 people pledging $20. They could have a high quality Mega that will hopefully make their job a bit easier and more effective, and maybe I'm hoping, help the rest of the stadium learn chants and get more involved too :)) I still remember Perths'/the Sheds bloody Mega. Stupidly loud and bloody effective.

Anyhow just make a pledge and once we get enough we can sort out a designated drop off or the like via PM afterwards.

Best

FP

Wombat

That's a great idea. I presume we will all be there on Tuesday maybe drop cash of to FP or PP next to merchandise tent/bar at designated time. I'll stick to the pledge of a pineapple as a show of thanks to the hardy souls of the Yellow Army.

As a side issue how great was it to see Laurie in the thick of it at SFS.....must be the coolest major in NSW.....he even had a go on the old megaphone.

Forum Phoenix

Great stuff.

Just a handful more pledges from other forum members - COME ON YOU YELLOW! - and we'll be over the line.

If not specified Im going to assume a twenty, or just let me know and I'll update it.

Current Pledges

FP $50
BG $50
FFC $20
Wom $50
Atom $20
AuzD $20
Celery $20
Paul Chapman $50
MannyCCM $20
TB $20

RUNNING TOTAL $320

Drop off:
Yeah I think a dedicated time and place at Tuesdays game is a good idea.
Drop off at *half time* at the top eastern corner, where the merch tent usually is when you first walk up the stairs of main/leagues club entrance.

Best
FP

Forum Phoenix

@ FFC. Cool. It is less chaotic then. And might help any commuters or people rushing to the game too.
Good one.

I'll amend the drop off to half time.

Forum Phoenix

Strange. I was logged in, but had re-log to get to comment on this page.

No matter, I'm in for a lobsterback.

Nice. Added.
lobster.jpg

Forum Phoenix

Ok, we are getting there. Bikini Girl has been doing some great work behind the scenes sourcing the best Mega we can get our hands on, and also on working to try and ensure that PP and the crew can have it for Tuesdays game if possible.

Also at the risk of making BG a little uncomfortable, (sorry Bikini) I feel I have to mention that she has also determined to pick up the short fall if required, which would currently stand at about another $90. Really hoping a few other members can afford (I do appreciate not everyone is cashed up) to support the venture so BG doesn't have to do this. And at the least I will be upping my pledge also to lessen the cost.

And yes, I'll take Diners.

;)

Best FP

priorpeter

Bartercard? ;)

You guys & gals are all amazing. I really appreciate this; really chuffed & this should likely save my throat a bit more - only got my voice back properly today. Looking forward to you guys being able to hear me :D

Wombat

FP, How about you, me and BG do a three way split on the difference.

To PP....you guys are the ones that are amazing and this is just a token of everyone's gratitude.

Btw what is the name of the young dude with the cap that always leads with you and Eggy?.....he doesn't get the rec he deserved.

priorpeter

To PP....you guys are the ones that are amazing and this is just a token of everyone's gratitude.

Btw what is the name of the young dude with the cap that always leads with you and Eggy?.....he doesn't get the rec he deserved.

I'm more than happy to chuck in some of the difference as well guys.

The dude with the cap is Adam Neville (Nevs). Good kid. I'll pass on the kind words :)

Forum Phoenix

Hi,

I am happy to put in $20-$50 to help out. If you can let me know how to get the $$ to you let me know. Will try and get to ACL game this week...

Terrific Paul. Thanks mate, that's awesome. Have updated the pledges.

We will take you up on the $50, and then downgrade you to a $20 if we hopefully get a few more pledges to come in over the weekend.

Re drop off. Yeah looking like we will do it at the game near the merch tent as advised in my initial post. But Will confirm the time and place in this thread on MONDAY NIGHT.

Still time to show your support guys and gals out there.

PP, thought you might say that. But this ones on us mate.

Best

FP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred