• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whip around for a new Megaphone

kegboy

What a brilliant job by the army last night. It was great sitting up in the stand & hearing the calls come out & everyone responding. When the call to stand up went out it looked like just about everybody on the top deck got to their feet. Wondering what it looked like from the army’s area.

Big Al

Great work with the mega - Didn't realise it only came out in the 2nd half - Saw what must have been the old one in the first & thought we can't hear squat - It was a tale of two halves tonight - A lot of disorganised will, of a keen crowd with no leadership (see below post) (great on field play) - Then the Mega & the YA took over & everyone got involved but the on field play slipped (ha)

Some of my comments are negative or whinging but please they are more of the we can improve variety or where things went wrong so we can get it pumping for 90mins next game.

Who do sing for? Really I just can't sing the WSW major call to arms. Don't get me wrong it's a super chant & they do it like no other chant in the A League but copying it is just not on IMO. Also Yellow just doesn't quite sound right as the response. I vote to stop it & leave it to the wanderers - The only thing is it could be a great spoil when they come to Bluey next game - The yellow to drown out the Wanderers when they make the call. - As per another thread I've been told you did this first in Season 1 - So forget everything I've said about Who do we sing for & now I'm free to join in - Still think the Yellow doesn't work as well as Wanderers.

The variation yes - We Are - Mariners was a better change up - With the potential to change Mariners to Champions or
Who Are We - Mariners
What Are We - Champions

Also the Mariners clap clap was really off tonight in the first half (old shit mega LOL) - The stands & the YA were out of sync big time. While it's hard the YA needs to stop there chanting when the stands start the Mariners call & take it over instead of competing against it a few times. It is probably easier to stop the YA & let them catch the beat of the stands as they are better organised. The chant fell away poorly early because the YA didn't take it to the next level (no disrespect just the facts).
In the 2nd half with the NEW mega when the YA started & Lead it - it worked great but will need to be aware when the stands start it to work it in instead of compete against it.

As for the failed Stand up - Great potential - But no one knew what you wanted them to do after standing up - Cracker potential to turn that into the Coast chant.

I was sitting on the corner & could hear you pretty well in the 2nd half but the YA needs to be quite when you are giving instructions - While we are learning to interact the YA could maybe make the call & response until everyone picks it up - Also the YA can be used as a Mega - You organise them then they shout as one the instruction - As good as the mega is When the YA screamed who do we sing for they are loud & easier to here (even better than the mega) - While it's not the done thing just a couple times is all that would be needed until the stadium picks up what to do.

Great night great atmosphere - Thankyou -

With that Atmosphere people will want to be part of the Yellow Army which will make it even better & make more people come - Those watching on TV will hopefully go I missed a great night I'll go to the next one.

scottmac

Suspended
What an awesome night (besides the result, which was not deserved)
Watched it back when I got home & I must say it didn't come across as well on TV (atmosphere). Maybe its just the way I remember it or that I watched it so soon after being there.

Anyway, I'm glad we don't have too many Tuesday night games. I'm stuffed.

MrCelery

Great to get a glimpse of regular posters last night. Would've liked more time to chat, but I was struggling really badly with the pneumonia\flu. Had to defy Doctor's orders to be there. Thank goodness for Panadol. Hopefully I've not passed it on to anyone.

The megaphone though, should make it a lot easier for PP & Co. It's truly a monster! I can't recall who made the initial suggestion, but who ever it was - genius! :thumbup:

Have to say that the new 'sing-offs' with the grandstand, while not due to the new megaphone, was a massive step forward in creating atmosphere. There is a tipping point where it becomes more embarrassing NOT to join in. We got there last night. Can you imagine TWO stands full doing it? Can't wait for next season!

nebakke

Yeah, I have to say... I sat just on the edge of 17, towards 16... I figured, I tend to take a little while to warm to the singing... The mood sort of has to hit, if you know what I mean, so the game has to be started before I do ;)

Anyway, it's a funny spot that, on one side you've got bay 16 going full-on, on the other you have most of 17 mostly sitting there quietly, except for a small group of us right there on the edge, once we warmed up ;)
But the funny thing was, the bit that really impressed me... I've seen Bay16 try to start call/answer chants before and fail miserably (no offence to anyone :) ).. When PP called out yesterday that we'd just keep going until there was an answer, I though "here's another one of those where it goes for 6 or 7 times, then falls apart due to no answer"... I swear you could almost the sound of my jaw dropping after the the stand answered... Even with all the noise ;)
Funny thing though, the tipping point actually seemed to hit the eastern stands well before it hit most of bay17.

Anyway, I hope we can keep this running till next season.. Maybe if we can keep the games going until then, there's a chance the excitement won't be forgotten :)

Once again, awesome work boys!

MrCelery

Great post Big Al, but I have to disagree with some of it. We've been singing the "Who do we sing for..." chant long before WSW was even dreamt of. Not saying it is original, but neither is it WSW's. Any claims by them as the originators is pure bulls#$t.

I agree with you that it is a great chant, due to its simplicity. Love the idea of 'ambushing' WSW when thy start theirs up. I think 'Mariners!' coming in over "Wanderers!' would be a good ploy.

I agree that synching can be an issue, but syncing perfectly will always be an impossibility. Sound travels slowly. Two stands and the Yellow Army bays will make it even more complicated. And there is echo that you have to contend with too. I don't see it as a major negative. The prime objective is a wall of sound, and involvement.

I think syncing with the action on the field is more important. No point starting a chant if we're in the middle of goalmouth action. It's too distracting. It happened a few times last night. Corners\free kicks though - go for it!

I also don't think the 'stand up' call was a fail. It wasn't 100%, but from my view a significant number did stand and applaud. Next step is to get them dancing!

Great feedback Big Al! Thanks.

MrCelery

Snip...
Funny thing though, the tipping point actually seemed to hit the eastern stands well before it hit most of bay17.

Yes, I noticed that too. It surprised me that the least involved seemed to be Bay 17. I don't understand it.

ballantyne

Also the Mariners clap clap was really off tonight in the first half (old shit mega LOL) - The stands & the YA were out of sync big time. While it's hard the YA needs to stop there chanting when the stands start the Mariners call & take it over instead of competing against it a few times. It is probably easier to stop the YA & let them catch the beat of the stands as they are better organised. The chant fell away poorly early because the YA didn't take it to the next level (no disrespect just the facts).
In the 2nd half with the NEW mega when the YA started & Lead it - it worked great but will need to be aware when the stands start it to work it in instead of compete against it.

As for the failed Stand up - Great potential - But no one knew what you wanted them to do after standing up - Cracker potential to turn that into the Coast chant.

I just want to say Vs=330m/s

It was a great atmosphere tho.

I agree we can pick up on other teams' support (that's how the Poznan has spread) but not that of our near rivals. If we were to copy other supporters, copying Kashiwa's would be more fitting.

What the excrllent work of the YA last night DID show is that we CAN get the results the RBB have been getting.

I've sat up in the Eastern on occasion and it's awful. Last season's game against Newcastle. .. dear me. I've had more fun bound and gagged in a storm drain. They will respond if we go at it.

bikinigirl

. the simplest way of looking at things is the grand final saw a change. the participation from all the bays behind the goal was visible and audible to those around the ground

. having so many involved in that one game has done wonders ... they now know what is going on in 'the bay', enjoy it and want to participate. it is no longer a muffled, often incoherent distant 'noise' ... they know what is being asked, what the words are, how to repsond and how to act

. the trick now is not to lose the momentum

nebakke

I've sat up in the Eastern on occasion and it's awful. Last season's game against Newcastle. .. dear me. I've had more fun bound and gagged in a storm drain. They will respond if we go at it.

This is one of the things for me... I'm way too vocal for the Eastern stand, but perhaps not quite vocal enough for Bay16... That's why I thought I'd try 17 last night, been a couple of years since I last sat down around there, just because the view is better along the sides. I have to say, that didn't necessarily make it any better. Often on the sides, it feels a little odd to be the only guy calling out but eventually someone else starts something that I can join in on and mostly it doesn't seem to be an issue. But I could've sworn I actually saw people sending annoyed looks at Bay16 in the beginning last night... If you're that annoyed with the chanting, why do you sit so close???

I was in the eastern stand at the Newcastle game this season, it actually provided a reasonable precursor to last night I think, in terms of engagement... Even more so when Duke came on against Adelaide.. The crowd suddenly smelled blood and started chanting then as well :)
Last night they just did it without the blood, sadly, and HUGE cudos to YA for just chanting louder everytime Kashiwa scored :) Even with all the teenagers leaving after the second goal.

priorpeter

Who do sing for? Really I just can't sing the WSW major call to arms. Don't get me wrong it's a super chant & they do it like no other chant in the A League but copying it is just not on IMO. Also Yellow just doesn't quite sound right as the response. I vote to stop it & leave it to the wanderers - The only thing is it could be a great spoil when they come to Bluey next game - The yellow to drown out the Wanderers when they make the call. - As per another thread I've been told you did this first in Season 1 - So forget everything I've said about Who do we sing for & now I'm free to join in - Still think the Yellow doesn't work as well as Wanderers.

I was sitting on the corner & could hear you pretty well in the 2nd half but the YA needs to be quite when you are giving instructions - While we are learning to interact the YA could maybe make the call & response until everyone picks it up - Also the YA can be used as a Mega - You organise them then they shout as one the instruction - As good as the mega is When the YA screamed who do we sing for they are loud & easier to here (even better than the mega) - While it's not the done thing just a couple times is all that would be needed until the stadium picks up what to do.

Great night great atmosphere - Thankyou -

With that Atmosphere people will want to be part of the Yellow Army which will make it even better & make more people come - Those watching on TV will hopefully go I missed a great night I'll go to the next one.

Thanks bud. Just a couple of things:
- "Who do we sing for" - any WSW fan that thinks we stole it from them has an awfully short memory. We've been sledging each other about that chant since they were wearing sky blue. IMO Yellow works better than Wanderers but that's just my opinion. We actually used to sing "We sing for Mariners"; I can't quite recall when this changed to "Yellow"

Mariners clap is off due to the awful echo and delay in sound travelling.

Using YA as a mega - I think we've got a big enough mega ;) Never turned the volume past 2.5 last night!

thanks mate. appreciated.

Big Al

Cheers Guys - I have edited my post but it's probably lost in there to acknowledge that the Who do we sing for has been around for a while & done by you first - Due to my recent arrival I was not aware & am happy to be wrong as know I can join in. Hopefully might bring some awareness to others who also didn't realise this fact. With the RBB doing it so well you just assume it's their chant as haven't heard it before - Any way happy to sing along know.

I sat in the corner near the fence with the stand to my left & YA to my right - Smack bang in the middle & the problem with the mariners chant was all timing which was probably due to the dynamics as you say but when the mariners chant went up from the stands It wasn't carried to the YA in the right capacity. In theory they should be picking it up off bay 17 who is picking it up off bay 18 & hence we should all be in time. So I reckon that's more just teething prob's that the super Mega can fix.

If the Mega has more - give it more - when trying to get the stands involved - some I could here clear others not so much so the back of the stands would be a little confused - So give it crank up - Hey take the mic of the field announcer - He was trying hard but no one interested.

Had a fantastic night - the football was good & the atmosphere great - Hope my comments help if not no drama's

Big Al

Great post Big Al, but I have to disagree with some of it. We've been singing the "Who do we sing for..." chant long before WSW was even dreamt of. Not saying it is original, but neither is it WSW's. Any claims by them as the originators is pure bulls#$t.

I agree with you that it is a great chant, due to its simplicity. Love the idea of 'ambushing' WSW when thy start theirs up. I think 'Mariners!' coming in over "Wanderers!' would be a good ploy.

I agree that synching can be an issue, but syncing perfectly will always be an impossibility. Sound travels slowly. Two stands and the Yellow Army bays will make it even more complicated. And there is echo that you have to contend with too. I don't see it as a major negative. The prime objective is a wall of sound, and involvement.

I think syncing with the action on the field is more important. No point starting a chant if we're in the middle of goalmouth action. It's too distracting. It happened a few times last night. Corners\free kicks though - go for it!

I also don't think the 'stand up' call was a fail. It wasn't 100%, but from my view a significant number did stand and applaud. Next step is to get them dancing!

Great feedback Big Al! Thanks.

Mr Celery

No probs - Had a great night

As for the stand up - That worked everyone did get up - But they all looked at each other as if to say what now - Get that bit right & she will be a beauty which ever way you take it - I think a chant like the coast might work better than a dance as plenty are self conscious & the chant lets them be sheep. Everyone loves being a sheep. Just IMO

Spewing we didn't have the Mega Mega for GF - Can we go back in time

Big Al

Any funny people out there - I was thinking of joining the forum again as the Megaphone - But I don't quite have the funny gags to pull it off - End up a bit try hard - & the right really that belongs to the owners & chip in merchants. Love to know how you decide who gets to take it home LOL -

BG - I know you have received plenty of props - But here's mine for taking initiative & just buying the dam thing before getting the pledges was an awesome move. Really made last night that it was there. The Yellow Army now have a leader - THE MEGA MEGA PHONE - Did you make sure they don't deliver to WSW

Wombat

Mr Celery

No probs - Had a great night

As for the stand up - That worked everyone did get up - But they all looked at each other as if to say what now - Get that bit right & she will be a beauty which ever way you take it - I think a chant like the coast might work better than a dance as plenty are self conscious & the chant lets them be sheep. Everyone loves being a sheep. Just IMO

Spewing we didn't have the Mega Mega for GF - Can we go back in time

All good Big Al.....but the answer is always Yellow my friend.....learn to sing it loud and proud!

hayson

As a ' long time but now more committed' Mariners fan I thought the noise created on Tuesday was the best I have experienced in my visits to Bluetongue. Just shows what a bit of organisation can do. Congratulations to the YA for your superb efforts. I definitely think that a few chants and songs , if made available to the average fan, can create a great atmosphere.
I understand that 'who do we sing for' was done some years ago by the Marinators but obviously we didn't hang on to it so I there is no point in pursuing that as one of our chants.....it has to much association with the RBB now so let's organise ourselves and put together something that we can truly call our own. I have some ideas if any one is interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred