• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

When are the New Jerseys available

adz

Staff member
i think the costs of producing the mag style effort is pretty high given they don't sell like they used to, with other info sources...

use it as an opportunity i reckon, there's a void to be filled now

what about supporter groups (or even the club) producing a low cost effort, four/eight pages photocopy job. Would be ideal for the supporter groups to use it as a way to drum up some interest in active support. Provided they could get the permissions to sell around the ground.

very easy to put together something more 'zine' like... a homemade looking effort ... helps build the fan culture a bit.

Nice first post ;D

awaba

lol still dipping my toe in the Mariners pool :p
i wasn't even put off by the disinterested performance from the lads this week ... a good sign?

but yeah a little old skool publishing wouldn't go astray ... the homemade 'look' will be coming back in with all these new fangled shiny gadgets these days. May as well get ahead of the curve! I think they'd sell ok and probably look more localised and down to earth than the glossy mag.

adz

Staff member
Great sign! lol

I like the thought process there and I think it could be a go-er The main thing I can think of that would hold it back, and this is something that we have come up against with the website in the past, is getting enough content.

In the first couple of seasons the home page was basically a blog and we had people writing for the site but found there was not a great deal of interest (in writing for it). We had a page where you could submit an article which was rarely used, and when it was there would just be a whole lot of random comments "F**K THE JETS" for example. While that may be a valid comment, it was hardly worth highlighting in a blog post of its own on the home page ;)

I should mention Brett Taylor wrote some awesome stuff for the site, so we occasionally had some quality content for the punters!

A couple of others had a crack at it but for whatever reasons they didn't usually stick with it very long, maybe a few weeks tops, or couldn't commit to doing something regularly.

That's a bit more blah blah than I thought I would write, but gives you an idea of some issues that would need to be looked at before starting something like this. There would probably need to be some type of incentive to write a half decent article for it? Can't really think of anything off the top of my head...

awaba

fair points yeah, the gap between ideas and execution! Used to come up against this doing a lot of student media back in the uni days, but i had a faculty full of journalism students and student politicians at my disposal!

if it were four pages initially ... one folded A4 sheet, price it as an optional gold coin donation ... u could churn out two of those with line-ups, stats from the previous week. Are there any songs or chants that could be put in rotation to fill space? Maybe repurpose some content and writing from various forums about the place? From the Jets ones especially. Then the occasional original article. Free house ads are always good filler too.

i'd be happy to lend a hand if there was another person or more keen whose more involved with the supporter group.

Forum Phoenix

fair points yeah, the gap between ideas and execution! Used to come up against this doing a lot of student media back in the uni days, but i had a faculty full of journalism students and student politicians at my disposal!

if it were four pages initially ... one folded A4 sheet, price it as an optional gold coin donation ... u could churn out two of those with line-ups, stats from the previous week. Are there any songs or chants that could be put in rotation to fill space? Maybe repurpose some content and writing from various forums about the place? From the Jets ones especially. Then the occasional original article. Free house ads are always good filler too.

i'd be happy to lend a hand if there was another person or more keen whose more involved with the supporter group.

I think it's a terrific idea.
I would have been volunteering to assist if I wasn't so busy with another project right now.

I think lineups and chants would be great. And would also suggest - injury news, a short analysis on the problems we have faced in whatever or last game was and what we are look from this game tactically - and the form of a few hot and struggling players.

It would be relevant. Not gloss or hype rubbish like " who was the first girl you kissed?" Honestly Fox.

If it was directly related and informative to the game people were just about to watch. I think it would do very well.
Whereas $5 for some general gloss and hype. I bought one. And then passed from then on.

adz

Staff member
Only thing about lineups is it's near impossible to get an accurate lineup until minutes before kickoff - I think we have pretty much named every fit player so far for every game!

awaba

true yeah ... maybe its a question of what people want out of these programs nowadays ... info like lineups or a mix of other mag type stuff to devour leading up to the game. Probably both. The latter is more difficult to sustain even if only 12 editions (PLUS ACL!!! this time) a season.

cartoons and artwork could work well too ... i do love the idea of an edgier publication that can have a bit of fun with rivalries and the like. And taking a bit of the piss out of personalities around the game. I think the A-League is still lacking a bit of this element. Though its great to see some of the tifo starting to ramp up. Even if the Squadron effort on the weekend was a little meh, nice to see an attempt though!

apologies for steering things off the new strips!!! Given the delays its probably appreciated lol

kevrenor

Although a fan of English non-league omnibus programmes I think all we need is a simple folded A4 for about $1.

That lists both squads (actually starting lineups can't be done of course but at least you can see a number and who out who is on the field so with numbers a MUST), and the referees, plus some simple preview of the game and things like who is on yellow cards, who was injured and out this week.

In fact with the right sponsorship it could be a freebie!

It is also something the club should be doing, with help from fans.

Golly

back to the topic
still no jerseys for the people with large stomach muscles
S M L XL available now
XXL XXXL available next home game

ExiledMariner

Anyone have any info on the reason the online shop is down? Other then it was completely out of date when it was up.

I'm sure I'm not the only supporter out of the region who'd like to buy online. Ebay is a joke. I was rocking my '06 version until last month when I found one of last seasons ones for $25 (losing 25Kgs and fitting into an XL helped!)...

dibo

The shop has been offline since before the start of this season. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to come online.

Bladesman

Is there anywhere you can purchase Mariners gear. The missus just went to do the xmas shopping and purchase a load of mariners gear and there was nothing at Rebal at all. They told her that the issue with getting the new gear had been going on for 6 months.

If anybody knows where I can get any gear I please let me know as there will be a number of disapointed little mariners fans this xmas which is not going to help with the how do we get bums on seats thread :-(.

dibo

Try the club directly - they may be able to help out, or go direct to Hummel (hint: go through the Football NSW shop, AKA Soccer Wearhouse).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred