• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

J

jiggles

Wow.

That's pretty much all I have to say about this thread. I too work in radio, and am aware of Star FM's new ratings. I'm just morally opposed to waking up and hearing short, nasally rangas on the radio first thing ;) jk

Unfort, some of Mariners "fans" tend to be like this...100% loyal and think we're amazing when we're winning...as soon as we lose, have a bad game its all "scrap the team, f**k it off and lets bring in NRL". Yeah, that's a great attitude for a fan base.

Win or lose, Mariners til I die.

LFCMariners

poko said:
Wow.

That's pretty much all I have to say about this thread. I too work in radio, and am aware of Star FM's new ratings. I'm just morally opposed to waking up and hearing short, nasally rangas on the radio first thing ;) jk

Unfort, some of Mariners Jets "fans" tend to be are like this...100% loyal and think we're amazing when we're winning...as soon as we lose, have a bad game its all "scrap the team, f**k it off and lets bring in NRL Knights". Yeah, that's a great attitude for a fan base.[/b]

Win or lose, Mariners til I die.

Fixed.  ;)

LFCMariners

You talking about on these forums or real life? On these forums I would agree to a point, but in real life I disagree.

Revilo

People actually listen to Central Coast radio?

Is it the shitty music, the boring hosts or the multitude of ads that keep you interested?

J

jiggles

Revilo said:

Is it the shitty music, the boring hosts or the multitude of ads that keep you interested?

Because it's local, and gets involved in Community events and sponsors a lot of things. Without it, a lot of local sporting clubs would be down a LOT of money. Just sayin...

LiverpoolMariners said:
You talking about on these forums or real life? On these forums I would agree to a point, but in real life I disagree.

I was more talking about the fact that the Jets and their supporters have nothing to do with what I was talking about. Or anything else in this thread, for that matter. And the forums are written by "real life" people. So therefore, their opinions ARE in real life.

LFCMariners

poko said:
Revilo said:

Because it's local, and gets involved in Community events and sponsors a lot of things. Without it, a lot of local sporting clubs would be down a LOT of money. Just sayin...

LiverpoolMariners said:

I was more talking about the fact that the Jets and their supporters have nothing to do with what I was talking about. Or anything else in this thread, for that matter. And the forums are written by "real life" people. So therefore, their opinions ARE in real life.

Ah. I thought you were talking about our attendances/ involvement of the bay. Henc my reference to the Scum. But as for these forums, 'tis quite interesting the way, after a loss you can always be sure the 'What's wrong with the Mariners' thread will ad another page or two to its' content, whereas after a win one of the 'Ha- beware the Mariners!' threads goes into overdrive....

soundsdifferent

LiverpoolMariners said:
poko said:
Revilo said:

LiverpoolMariners said:

Ah. I thought you were talking about our attendances/ involvement of the bay. Henc my reference to the Scum. But as for these forums, 'tis quite interesting the way, after a loss you can always be sure the 'What's wrong with the Mariners' thread will ad another page or two to its' content, whereas after a win one of the 'Ha- beware the Mariners!' threads goes into overdrive....

so true.. but makes me laugh

Wombat

There is not much wrong with us....excellent keeper, lacking abit of experience at the back, strong midfield when full strength and one good striker.
Doesn't seam like thats too differcult to fix. We have been in same position before and LM brought in Mori and Aloisi and solved the problem.
Get Doig fit, switch Boogs to RB, focus Heff on his job and sign a quality striker and we will be able to beat any side.

Timmah

In terms of support the club is doing fine. The averages are down but we haven't played a decent team at Bluetongue that actually draws people in (i.e. FC or Scum).

Our average isn't desperately lower than FC's so far this season from what I can tell, and our lowest crowd at Gosford is still higher than the Jets' biggest - and they have a far greater population to pull from.

Panic stations are a long, long way off. Hopefully there's a good amount of bums on seats tonight - I know I'll be there... tell everyone you know to GET TO THE GAME!

Timmah

And they were played during the thick of the NRL season in NSW, which whether we like it or not dominates media and crowds during that time of the year (Aug-Sep)

Forum Phoenix

With the new fox deal firming up - our long term is looking much more secure - and excitingly so if we can snag the ultimate prize of a WC. In terms of crowd averages - you just have to ride the tide and be in it for the long term - novelty has worn off so we struggle for the curious general population now - but we have a solid base of around 7k and now we and others can slowly build - without fear of collapse if the fox deal goes through.

Also be more money to be spent on Marquees making better comp and crowds once its through.

daddy cool

It all about the product if the product is crap no ones going to buy it. With a couple of exeptions CCM are at best a team that just goes through the motions , people want star quaility and its up to the club to do something about that. Crowd was pathetic on Saturday night and dont give the ratio crap with capital cities etc I dont care about Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory the Central Coast should be able to draw a supporter base of at least 10000 a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred