• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

FFC Mariner

I can well imagine my employers response to me getting into a row with competitors on a public forum.........................

marinermick

Star-FM have cleaned up in the latest survey. They are now the number one station in all demographics the Mariners and the FFA are targeting.

midfielder

marinermick said:
Star-FM have cleaned up in the latest survey. They are now the number one station in all demographics the Mariners and the FFA are targeting.

Good shows all the coast's business connect with the Mariners and grow ... last to first and those that had us first to last...  Brand Marriner..

Jerem

my logic is
NSL to A League is no comparison
semi pro to pro
to have something that is far better than what it wasm,
thought i get frustrated at times, is worth far more coin than im paying,
equation, support regardless, be loyal to the league, and just maybe
in 5, 10, 20 years we'll have a thriving league with 20000 + per match.

i think some expect premier league type scenario, which is impossible in 5 years,
but compared to what we had (NSL) i dont think we can really complain, just keep spreading word and get behind COME PLAY

LFCMariners

Who would want a Premier League scenario though? Would you really want to watch a comp where only Sydney, Melbourne or Gold Coast were any chance of winning it in any given year? I agree, no complaints about the standard of play going up, but not if its' at the expense of a true competition. This is what I try to point out to the Eurosnobs who won't follow the A-League- that the fact "the standard of play is so shit" and is fairly evenly spread across the board, is what makes the A-League an entertaining competition to follow.

Oh well, if they'd rather wear the jersey of some team from a country they've never been to and stay up till 4am to watch a game than go and see their local team play and be part the atmosphere at the ground, good for them...

serious14

LiverpoolMariners said:
Who would want a Premier League scenario though?

Oh well, if they'd rather wear the jersey of some team from a country they've never been to and stay up till 4am to watch a game than go and see their local team play and be part the atmosphere at the ground, good for them...

Ah, the famous Scouse humour.....  ;)

Jerem

liverpool what i meant was tha packed houses etc :thumbup:, i couldnt stand having a league where 3 or 4 teams are always top four....

LFCMariners

serious14 said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
Who would want a Premier League scenario though?

Ah, the famous Scouse humour.....  ;)

Well hey, by all means I have no problem with people following overseas leagues/ teams (gloryhunters I have no time for though). It just makes me laugh that people will do that but not go and watch a national league team playing on their doorstep!

FFC Mariner

The reason that football is a great game is that all you need is for both sides to be roughly equal and you have the potential for a good game.

Rugby (both kinds) are woeful unless played at a high standard.Compare under 11's D grade football v R League of a similar level and you see what I mean.

I reckon Eurosnobs are just making excuses coz they dont really have any idea about the game at all.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
The reason that football is a great game is that all you need is for both sides to be roughly equal and you have the potential for a good game.

This is my theory as well. In over 90% of games the opposition team could still get a point or three out of the game if behind. This maintains the tension and excitement right to the end.

You also get more upsets in football because of the low scoring.

The problem with league, rugby, afl and basketball is that the game can be over by halftime. Also, the favourites are likely to win most times as well.

It is ironic that some of the greatest games talked about in these sports are when the scores are very close right up to the final whistle.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
marinermick said:
It is ironic that some of the greatest games talked about in these sports are when the scores are very close right up to the final whistle.

Agree ... remember the mighty Bledisloe Cup tussles of the late '80s/early 90s .. with Ealsey popping one over the black dot to win by a point? And the Wallaby defence line bloodied but barely broken? Massive games.

soundsdifferent

daddy cool said:
Sorry folks Im a Mariners follower from way back so tell me people are you happy with home game crowd figures? Where you there on Friday night?

Hey There are how many people on the central coast? 350,000???? and we get say 8,000 a game...
there are how many people in sydney? say 4,000,000 and they get, say 15,000-20,000 people a game... do the maths. support your team stfu about not deserving a license, and go back to Newcastle, your probs not even from the coast.

soundsdifferent

Also we are one of two teams in the leauge who are making money..
sorry i havent read the whole thread just the first page but such stupid comments piss me off

dibo

soundsdifferent said:
Also we are one of two teams in the leauge who are making money..
sorry i havent read the whole thread just the first page but such stupid comments piss me off

*were* one of two clubs, but yeah, generally i agree with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred