• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

Timmah

Biggest problem I'm noticing is that our defence refuses to crowd the player with the ball. Other teams have us figured out in that respect and attacking footballers are being afforded far too much space to play.

Also too many hands on hips at times after we're down by one or two. Not enough urgency and passion.

Danny's form of late has been noticeably pathetic, sometimes he's not even having a dive for a ball.

curious

Roy Law said:
Timmah said:
Danny's form of late has been noticeably pathetic, sometimes he's not even having a dive for a ball.

Total bollocks
My ex wife still invents imaginary faults so she'll have something to whine about. Football fans and ex wives have much in common.

Forum Phoenix

Thats thats bloody Brosque goal. Curling in from well outside the line of the posts.
NO keeper in the world could have saved it.

pjennings

No complaints about Danny's form this year.

If you were Pim and watched our last couple of games, and Adelaide's game the other day - who would you pick for the Socceroos?

Poor timing to concede goals by Danny(not really blaming him - just the timing) - great timing for a great game by Eugene.

Timmah

Never said anything about his form THIS YEAR, I'm talking about the last few weeks. He's gone from saving them left right and centre to sometimes not even having a dig.

Since the Perth game we've conceded 9 goals in four matches - 2 to GC, 3 to Melb, 1 to Syd and 3 to Brisbane. Prior to that we'd only conceded 9 all season.

While I realise our defence has slackened a bit in that time, but surely Danny's MOST RECENT form should come into question?

scottmac

Suspended
Timmah said:
Never said anything about his form THIS YEAR, I'm talking about the last few weeks. He's gone from saving them left right and centre to sometimes not even having a dig.

Since the Perth game we've conceded 9 goals in four matches - 2 to GC, 3 to Melb, 1 to Syd and 3 to Brisbane. Prior to that we'd only conceded 9 all season.

While I realise our defence has slackened a bit in that time, but surely Danny's MOST RECENT form should come into question?

No it shouldn't, he has been superb.
I assume that you are referring to the goal at Sydney? You must be because it is the only time that anyone on this site has questioned Danny's keeping wether rightly or wrongly. If so, it has been explained that he had no chance against that shot. Look at it again if you like. 2:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSjEm_lMRrQ

elevated position

After watching that video, the defending was shite and little  pressure on brosque I but I get the feeling danny knows it wasn't one of his best attempts. Watch his face.

Forum Phoenix

If anything he might have been wishing he'd pushed put to close him down, but as you said - that goals lies firmly at the defender being slow to close him down - Boogs.

Anyhow in the past. We have some kiwis to beat.

bikinigirl

. i know boogs is the current hate-boy at the moment, but having watched the vid posted above i will offer another viewpoint ... not necessarily making excuses, but brosque has played a pearler

. boogs is beaten by pace (boogs vs brosque in a foot-race what a surprise) and from my no-nothing-about-football mind seems to be running the right line. yes he slows noticeable as brosque gets to the ball i would suspect to counter any change in direction ... and danny will cover his near post right?

. just as boogs didn't anticipate the first time shot, neither did danny ... if he had he was poorly positioned. so just as danny can not cover all eventualities neither can boogs

FFC Mariner

What I couldnt understand about NYE was the substitution of Clarkie for Lewis as a straight swap (or so it appeared).

We were chasing the game so why replace a player in an unfamiliar position with someone in also an unfamiliar position?

Wouldnt 352 made more sense as we tried to get back into it. Travis off (who had a stinker). Push Porter and Lewis to WB's and use their crossing abilities.

Maybe Clarkie was not going to go 90 mins?

bikinigirl

FFC Mariner said:
What I couldnt understand about NYE was the substitution of Clarkie for Lewis as a straight swap (or so it appeared).

. just seeing wee-matt coming on as a back worried me ... one thing that has impressed me about him is that he plays like a midfielder regardless of the status of the match unlike many of our other midfielders

. i am concerned he is being groomed as a replacement for the heff ... and in 4 years we will all be here saying he is not a back, never has been, he is a midfielder ... sound familiar at all?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred