• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

daddy cool

I watched the games on Friday (CCM and Glory) night and Saturday night (Mel and GC) and to me it was chalk and cheese. At times I really think we are out of a depth in the A -League. The pace of the game the players skills , the crowds involvment and the coachs tactics on Saturday night put the Mariners game to shame. I was total bored with the game at Bluetongue and Im sure 50% of the small crowd where as well. If we cannot draw crowds on a warm rain free Friday night after scoring wins and a swag of goals at our prevoius games do we decerve to have a licence.

marinermick

fedelt said:
daddy cool said:
do we decerve to have a licence.

agreed - we should be kicked out of the league asap

+1, coming third is just not good enough

and those uninspiring thrashings of gold coast, melbourne, north queensland and brisbane should mean we should sack all our players, get a new coach and go for an all-brazilian starting eleven

now...., just to find seven brazilians who are naturalised australians

adz

Staff member
Can't we just pick out the ones we want and make them all citizens?

daddy cool

While Im not be Craig Forsters love child I do agrree with him at times a  team like the mariners while running third can do more harm than good to the A League. I love to watch good football and what I watched and paid for on Friday night wasnt good football. If you are happy with that then thats good obvoiusly a lot of people on the coast had something better to do on Friday night.

daddy cool

Sorry folks Im a Mariners follower from way back so tell me people are you happy with home game crowd figures? Where you there on Friday night?

T

So hard not to feed a troll when he comes out with twaddle like that...
Maybe he should hitch his wagon to the 2 new thugby teams that are being proposed...

scottmac

Suspended
daddy cool said:
Sorry folks Im a Mariners follower from way back so tell me people are you happy with home game crowd figures? Where you there on Friday night?

This is obvously one G. Arnold drumming up a bit of discontent to get his claws on a coaching position. Seeing as thought the talk has died down of his imminent arrival he has to do something to keep the CCM powers interested.

G.Arnold, our savior.

promdi442

daddy cool said:

Which CEO of any of the A League clubs would be happy with their crowds?? Victory are leading the competition by 5 points but not getting the crowds they used to get in previous years. Would they be happy with their crowds??
Yes I was there at Bluetongue last friday and I will be at Bluetongue every game for the rest of this season and then I will get my ticket for next year as soon as they are available.
How do you rate the Mariners v Victory 4-0 in Melbourne. Who was chalk and who was cheese on that night?
I was more disappointed with last season but given those disappointments I am still following them this year as I have in the past and will do so in the future.

kevrenor

daddy cool said:

Depends what you mean by 'happy'.  Obviously we would want bigger crowds and would want more that 7,857 by this stage in the season, but:

1. The club/council (whatever) have had us on the road for weeks, so we haven't been able to build up yet as we start to do this time of the season.
2. Friday night is not a big crowd night for us.
3. The FFA (and as far as I can see the club) has not picked up the challenge that we knew would be around for crowds in Season 5 as the initial glamour wears off and people get distracted.
4. We were bigger than two of the other games, including Brisbane which is Australia's third city, and only a few thousand behind Sydney (1st biggest city)

I don't think it has anything to do with the way we are playing .. unlike late last year ... as it has mainly been good stuff.

Wasn't there ... was in Bathurst with long term family commitment .. listened on CoastFM and about to watch a recording.

Ben

the match the other night was not that bad, sure we played crap compared to the previous games which we won 4-0 and 5-1. so what we have a 0 all draw at home after being outplayed by the other team. Why not take comfort from the fact that we played bad and still managed to get a point out of it, we couldn't do that a couple of months ago. I am very happy being in 3rd position with the best goal difference in the league. Sure our crowds are disappointing but nearly every other club/code is suffering the same problem

serious14

daddy cool said:

So am I and I wasn't there. Uh oh.....

mariners4ever

promdi442 said:
daddy cool said:

Which CEO of any of the A League clubs would be happy with their crowds?? Victory are leading the competition by 5 points but not getting the crowds they used to get in previous years. Would they be happy with their crowds??
Yes I was there at Bluetongue last friday and I will be at Bluetongue every game for the rest of this season and then I will get my ticket for next year as soon as they are available.
How do you rate the Mariners v Victory 4-0 in Melbourne. Who was chalk and who was cheese on that night?
I was more disappointed with last season but given those disappointments I am still following them this year as I have in the past and will do so in the future.

:goodpost:

dibo

Ben said:
the match the other night was not that bad, sure we played crap compared to the previous games which we won 4-0 and 5-1.

i thought we were pretty poor against the fury. we were just ruthless in front of goal. against melbourne however, that was a nice performance.

daddy cool

I admire your loyalty how do I rate the Melbourne game all I will say is thank god for Danny in goals. The last couple of games would have been closer if it wasnt for Danny keeping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred