• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We're Screwed - Matthew Breeze to ref vs Newcastle!

AUFC_fan

it seems that he is the most hated ref in the league.  nearly every a-league forum i read there is something about breeze.

Omni

Except Sydney where it's "YES, WE'VE GOT BREEZE THIS WEEKEND, WE'RE SURE WINNERS"

poetryintheblood

Thank goodness I'm a lady, well not when it comes to games as I fire up as much as anyone but otherwise a lady, or I'd go and kick Breeze fair and square where the sun don't shine, I absolutely hate the guy for his unfair tactics.

~Floss~

I thought he was not TOO bad tonight; an understandable number of debatable calls went either way, but much better than the usual number of blatantly stupid ("wrong") calls corrupting the outcome of the match.

Tonight the blatantly stupid call that decided the outcome came from the linesman.

You would expect the linesman should have a clearer view, so you'd have to be pretty confident of what you saw as the ref to overrule that.

Can you imagine the jets' protests if he ignored the linesman's flag and allowed the goal? (correctly IMO)

Wheresdadspants?

Breeze wasn't too bad people. It was the linesman who f**ked up. It was Aloisi who missed the penalty  and I am undecided with Gumpys tackle. we should have had the scummers tonight but whoever refs in a fortnight we are gonna win because we are too good.

SNOWMARINER

skilbeck said:
These Newcastle players seemed to be milking it for what all those fouls were worth with their dives

I think that the Jets players have all earned a+'s in the Italy school of milking the penalty. You can't help but notice while our players perhaps causing themselves a disadvantage stay on their feet when shoved in the back before receiving the ball the Jets go down at the first opportunity.

I can't wait to watch the replay to make a call on other decisions that were made but F**k we got ripped off for that goal that's for sure. How the F**k can a linesman get it that wrong. If in doubt.....F**k the mariners seems to be the FFA ruling.

Mattsy

oh come on!

I know most of you lot were up the other end, but I saw aloisi fall over in the box 3-4 times? winning one. He's of Italian descent too! we could sledge that, but we don't.

Realistically, even game and one team came out the winner, thats football. The balls in your park this time, you have to give us a nice wakeup call =]

Omni

~Floss~ said:
Tonight the blatantly stupid call that decided the outcome came from the linesman.

You would expect the linesman should have a clearer view, so you'd have to be pretty confident of what you saw as the ref to overrule that.
Team of three stuff, you'd have to be ABSOLUTELY certain it's wrong.

Mattsy: To be fair, football is not a contact sport, if you're touched it's a foul I think a lot of Aloisi going down were fouls, that last one WAS embarassing though, but that's a professional who is desperate, brave man on a yellow card. Holland milked that penalty for everything, I think a number of referees would have been thrown off by the dive (when people fall they don't throw their hands in the air) but he was clipped, one of those classic scenarios where the fouls been committed but it's still simulation, tough one for a referee, if I see arms fly up in the air I'm generally not going to give the foul.

Bear

Mattsy said:
oh come on!

I know most of you lot were up the other end, but I saw aloisi fall over in the box 3-4 times? winning one. He's of Italian descent too! we could sledge that, but we don't.

Thats cos you won you idiot. If you had lost 2-0 due to poor tactics and diving, you would be the 1st one on here having a dig, and you know it, but you probably wont admit it.

kevrenor

thomas477 said:
I believe Breeze didnt wasnt the worse ref out there on sunday - the assiant ref was
Jason Power
00001154_Thumbnail.jpg

If you see this man driving - steer clear, his eyesight is impaired!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred