• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Washouts

fedelta

zycie said:
fedelt said:
zycie said:
rained in terrigal tonight.

tim-bailey-512x288_rdax_288x162.jpg

Fedelta <3 channel 10 news presenters?

you know me too well sir.

Wombat

Washout policy is a complete farce.
Last week in O35BS all games were completed apart from ONE (which could have easily been played at another oval) but all games were consigned to draws because of one cancelled game.
CCF has always been very amateurish but this season has been completely ridiculous.

marinermick

Wombat said:
Last week in O35BS all games were completed apart from ONE (which could have easily been played at another oval) but all games were consigned to draws because of one cancelled game.
CCF has always been very amateurish but this season has been completely ridiculous.

If by CCF you mean the club delegates who voted this rule in you are correct.

If these are the calibre of people the CCF board and staff have to deal with on a daily basis then it is utterly amazing they have achieved what they have this year.

hasbeen

marinermick said:
Wombat said:

If these are the calibre of people the CCF board and staff have to deal with on a daily basis then it is utterly amazing they have achieved what they have this year.

At your Club's AGM at the end of the season, vote out your delegate and take the job yourself

Firstly stop blaming the delegates, most did not want to vote for any of the options given to them by the CCF Directors.
Darren Sprod has taken full responsibility for this mess in his previous post in this topic as he should, with his excuse that they only had "40 days including Christmas" to get thiese options together, well Mr Sprod if you weren't up for the job then maybe you shouldn't have taken it on!
My daughter has played 6 games this season, with only 5 games left in her draw and if there is no more washouts she will have played 11 GAMES ONLY for the whole season!
Her mates from the same club same age group, who paid the same amount of rego fees, but are in a different grade will have played 20 GAMES by the end of season (not including finals series games).
This is pathetic!!!!

marinermick

footballmama said:
Firstly stop blaming the delegates, most did not want to vote for any of the options given to them by the CCF Directors.

But they still did vote when they could have easily voted no or abstained, and now have to live with that decision and take responsibility for their actions.

footballmama said:
This is pathetic!!!!

Agree entirely, it goes against the core business and values of CCF and its actions in this matter are downright negligent and immoral

hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Wombat said:

At your Club's AGM at the end of the season, vote out your delegate and take the job yourself

That old chestnut again. That argument is old and irrelevant.

I put many hours into my football club as a volunteer (probably more than most of the people who voted for the washout rule) and don't wish to feather my own bed and seek accolades by standing for a position. I can help more people at club level rather than pontificating and wanking over motions and minutes and arguing ad naseum over the smallest most irrevelent item.

Our own club delegate and fixtures officer know from all our players and senior teams in no uncertain terms how we felt about the decision way back when the new rules were communicated. There is no way they will take such a meeting lightly again.

Let me ask you a question hasbeen - were you one of the people at the meeting that voted for the new rules? If yes, when are you going to take responsibility and accept that you are wrong and apologise to us all for the pathetic season we have had? If no, why are you defending people who should be hanging their heads in shame over the anguish they have caused to the Central Coast football public?

At least Darren Sprod had the decency to accept that the decisions made were wrong and that appropriate action will be taken next season to ensure that this debacle will never happen again.

As opposed to the rest of the cretins who are happy to hide behind his defence and then willing to lay shit on him for trying to take some leadership on the issue. As I posted previously I am surprised that the board and staff have done so much given the muppets they have to deal with on a daily basis.

hasbeen

marinermick said:
footballmama said:

But they still did vote when they could have easily voted no or abstained, and now have to live with that decision and take responsibility for their actions.

footballmama said:
This is pathetic!!!!

Agree entirely, it goes against the core business and values of CCF and its actions in this matter are downright negligent and immoral

hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Wombat said:

I put many hours into my football club as a volunteer (probably more than most of the people who voted for the washout rule) and don't wish to feather my own bed and seek accolades by standing for a position. I can help more people at club level rather than pontificating and wanking over motions and minutes and arguing ad naseum over the smallest most irrevelent item.

Our own club delegate and fixtures officer know from all our players and senior teams in no uncertain terms how we felt about the decision way back when the new rules were communicated. There is no way they will take such a meeting lightly again.

Let me ask you a question hasbeen - were you one of the people at the meeting that voted for the new rules? If yes, when are you going to take responsibility and accept that you are wrong and apologise to us all for the pathetic season we have had? If no, why are you defending people who should be hanging their heads in shame over the anguish they have caused to the Central Coast football public?

At least Darren Sprod had the decency to accept that the decisions made were wrong and that appropriate action will be taken next season to ensure that this debacle will never happen again.

As opposed to the rest of the cretins who are happy to hide behind his defence and then willing to lay shit on him for trying to take some leadership on the issue. As I posted previously I am surprised that the board and staff have done so much given the muppets they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Can I take from this you're calling your own delegate and fixture's officer 'cretins and muppets' ... gee what a hppy little club you must belong to. Darren said his piece and I'm sure all the delegates are sorry over the decision, but deriding them will not get your games back (it might make you feel a little better if that's your go). What nests can a delegate or fixtures officer possibly have to feather? The one's I know work their arses off for absolutely no reward. Not even a thank-you from the majority of the players / parents.

"I can help more people at club level rather than pontificating and wanking over motions and minutes and arguing ad naseum over the smallest most irrevelent item."

If that's what you think of your Club committee, it speaks volumes for the Club you're at doesn't it?

marinermick

hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
footballmama said:

footballmama said:
This is pathetic!!!!

hasbeen said:
marinermick said:
Wombat said:

Can I take from this you're calling your own delegate and fixture's officer 'cretins and muppets' ... gee what a hppy little club you must belong to. Darren said his piece and I'm sure all the delegates are sorry over the decision, but deriding them will not get your games back (it might make you feel a little better if that's your go). What nests can a delegate or fixtures officer possibly have to feather? The one's I know work their arses off for absolutely no reward. Not even a thank-you from the majority of the players / parents.

"I can help more people at club level rather than pontificating and wanking over motions and minutes and arguing ad naseum over the smallest most irrevelent item."

If that's what you think of your Club committee, it speaks volumes for the Club you're at doesn't it?

Again, you miss the point completely and don't address any of the issues posed.

Let me ask you a question again - were you one of the people at the meeting that voted for the new rules? If yes, when are you going to take responsibility and accept that you are wrong and apologise to us all for the pathetic season we have had? If no, why are you defending people who should be hanging their heads in shame over the anguish they have caused to the Central Coast football public.

It is probably time you disclosed who you are and what interest you have in this matter? There has already been some statements made on this forum which has bordered on slanderous towards specific individuals on the board.

Which club do you preside over and do you intend to run for the next CCF board?

Back to addressing your comments. The two people at my club were the only ones who abstained from the vote. They felt they were ganged up by a vocal minority who bullied the rest of the people at the meeting to vote for their agendas. They have already apologised at the beginning the season when they were confronted by our teams and said they would have probably been more vocal in hindsight. They have stood up early and addressed our teams so are in fact not hiding behind the CCF Chairman. Nor are they in the process trying turn their bad decision on the CCF board. The people I am deriding are the ones responsible for the decision (both those who have voted and the presidents who sent these people to the meeting) and are now turning around trying the blame the CCF board for all their mistakes, when the board are trying to show leadership on the issue.

It appears you don't value the work people do at your club level in many capacities without being on the committee as the last paragraph highlights that you believe the work of the committee is more important than the hundreds of mum's and dad's who make the club breathe at club level.

typool

Its a shame not one team in MAA5 got rained out. Would of loved a draw
anyone in MAA5 know anything different?

marinermick

typool said:
Its a shame not one team in MAA5 got rained out. Would of loved a draw
anyone in MAA5 know anything different?

all games went ahead this weekend in 5s

thank god as we stretched our lead

would have stretched even further if our win against killarney counted

marinermick

typool said:
Mick we haven’t played you guys yet..
im with East Gosford (very unlucky year for us)

second last game i believe

sounds like our season last season

i have had five seasons of coming fifth but am now in first place by five points with five games to go

typool

Well i hope u guys do well as i don't rate Killarney and Gosford.
We have Killarney this Sunday, now we have almost our full team back i hope to win.

I noticed they only have one Very talented player (midfielder number 7 i thought he was?) who ran most of their plays

typool

typool said:
We have Killarney this Sunday, now we have almost our full team back i hope to win.

I noticed they only have one Very talented player (midfielder number 7 i thought he was?) who ran most of their plays

Maybe i saw them wrong, i'll get a good look sunday

marinermick

typool said:
typool said:

Maybe i saw them wrong, i'll get a good look sunday

my experience with all age five over the years is that it is an even comp and rarely do you find a bad team - even budgie, who are coming last, have a very strong defence but very poor in attack

also each team have at least one or two gun players

the blonde kid for killarney in the middle is one of those players - shut him down and you go a long way towards shutting the game for them

oh, and he does not respond well to a bit of niggle, whinges, complains and generally gets put off his game with this niggle

thought gosford was the best team we have played this season with killarney

Forum Phoenix

Sorry but I loathe that comment Pommy. And Mick, I agree with much of what you have said.
Washouts with no replays has been horrific this season - with many comps top four not accurately reflected and frustrated kids and adults everywhere. I'm personally extremely disappointed like many others. Been a truly shit year of CC football - however I have to say I have been sincerely impressed by Sprod in his honesty around this issue and several other actions that I know he has undertaken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred